Wetsetting Nightmare

Kamilla16

I really need help w/ wetsetting my hair. I mean it dries beautifully, however when I try to comb the curls loose so that I can wrap it, it gets way frizzy. What products should I use?? I just used setting lotion. Also, Do you all think that I should get those HUGE rollers so that the curls won't be so tight??? Just wondering...

Karima /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Paris Belle

Maybe a serum that reduces frizzies may help. Moisturizing the hair while wet in addition to the setting lotion may help also? Which setting lotion do you use?

Kamilla16

I used Perm Repair Setting. Basically whatever I find in my bathroom is what I use. I really need to look for some good products for my hair. What setting lotions are good??

Paris Belle

Some people like to use leave in conditioners as setting lotions (like Pantene's leave in or Infusium 23 etc.). Do a search for setting lotions, there is a thread on this already and some people suggested setting lotions. Hope that helps.

Kitkat

If my hair begins to dry while I'm wet setting it, the curls will come out frizzy. Your hair should be really wet when wet setting. Constantly spritz your hair when setting, so that it doesn't start to dry. Maybe this will help. Another leave in recommendation is Motions Nourishing Leave In Conditioner.

Using bigger rollers will give you way looser curls. Try 'em!

I definitely second KitKat's comment on making sure the hair stays wet, spritzing it with water or a mix of water and conditioner sprayed throughout to keep it wet.

A little serum used througout the ends helps keep the hair smooth on the rollar. I like Keracare Silken Seal.

Also, make sure the hair is pulled taught and slicked flat onto each rollar, rolling down the rollar with the hair remaining taught all the way down till the rollar stops at the scalp.

Also, make sure the hair is completely dry when removing rollars. Even if its a touch damp, it gets frizzy /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Hopefully this'll help a bit.

sweetcocoa

I agree..the wetter the hair is the better the set no matter what you use to set with. Also too much hair on small rollers will frizz hair and not drying(all the to the way to the very tips) completely. Also before I comb out, I smooth some pomade(or whatever you like) through my curls.

A

AmilLion

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Kamilla16 said:
I really need help w/ wetsetting my hair. I mean it dries beautifully, however when I try to comb the curls loose so that I can wrap it, it gets way frizzy. What products should I use?? I just used setting lotion. Also, Do you all think that I should get those HUGE rollers so that the curls won't be so tight??? Just wondering...

Karima /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Once my hair is wrapped, I like to spray the Ultra Black Hair dew on my wrapped hair and smooth a small amount of Elasta QP mango butter on hair. It helps smooth down those rough cuticles for me.

Fashionista

Make sure your hair is wet while setting. Have a spray bottle ready with water for any part of your hair that dries prior to setting. Make sure the rollers you are using are in proportion with your hair. If the rollers are too small your hair will come out frizzy. And most importantly make sure your hair is completely dry before removing the rollers. HTH

Julia

I found that using the large grey rollers work better for me. I do not get frizzy ends at all when I use these. Even my hubby can do my hair and I do not get the frizzies. The last time, we did my hair we used Pantene's leave in conditioner and that was it. We also had a spray bottle filled with water handy so that we could mist the hair that got dry while we were setting.

I try to make sure that my hair is somewhat wet and I really ensure that my ends are smoothed out on the roller and pulled somewhat taught at a certain angle so that the hair dries smooth with a slight stretch. Then I doobie wrap and voila, bouncy and smooth hair. Just like I would get at the hairdresser but without the $25 charge. /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Amilion gave a pretty good description of how to do a good wet set awhile back. If you do a search for it you will find it.