WET WRAP Success

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I just did my FIRST wet wrap last night. After saturating my hair with Motions Nourish leave-in, I wrapped it very nice and smooth. I let it airdry overnight and sat under my hooded dryer for 30 mins. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

When I unwrapped it, it wasn't sleek and shiny...it was kinda poofy and frizzy because my hair isn't all the way straight, but I liked the thickness. I have about 4 weeks of new growth plus underprocessed roots. I also think have HARD water. /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Afterwards, I sprayed some oil sheen, re-wrapped it, sat under the dryer for a few minutes, and it came out a little better. But as I'm wearing my hair out, my hair bends and stays in that shape like it's stiff. /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

For those who have had success with wet wraps, what tips would you suggest in order for the wrap to come out like a sleek, straight, shiny rollerwrap that isn't stiff??? /images/graemlins/confused.gif I would like to know because I would like to do wet wraps more often since it's very convenient and was not time-consuming for me. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Poohbear I jsut viewed your album you are really making some progress! Your hair is so full nad getting longer! Go girl!

First I have a question for you, did you use a LOT of leave-in? I know too much product can and will make your wraps come out crispy, crunchy, and not that great.

I just spray enough leave in to keep my hair wet so I can wrap it. I take a section from the middle and roll it using 3/4 magnetic rollers (purple). Then I wrap the hair around it with a comb and go over it with a paddle brush (jilbere w/ nylon bristles). After that I spray a little oil sheen, cover with a wrap scarf to make it flat, then I sit under the dryer for about 45 minutes til my hair dries. I usually wash my hair at night, so I just leave the scarf on until the next morning then take the wrap out.

Yeah, I did get kinda happy with the leave-in...I will try not to use so much leave-in next time. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

This is exactly what I do, except I dont hood dry AT ALL. I always wrap my hair then tie tight with a satin scarf (once I finally can get it smoothed down /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif)and keep it on till the morning. Okay now this may sound like my hair cant get air to dry, but for some reason, this is the only way to ensure my hair will dry thoroughly. And the biggest plus is that its NOT poofy and it gets nice and sleek with minimal frizz. HTH /images/graemlins/wave.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I always sit under a dryer. Sometimes I get impatient and dont let it dry all the way, so in those cases I just tie a wrap scarf around my head and leave it that way until the next day. I do have to warn you, it may take a long time for it to dry..

[/ QUOTE ]

I LOOOOVVVEEEE wet wrapping. It comes out superb when I have a fresh relaxer (pre-new growth), and post-relaxer it does help keep my new growth manageable. I wrap just like a dry-wrap except I saturate my hair with a leave-in or Breakfree or whatever. I saturate my ends with EVOO before I wrap the last piece. I also use a brush to smooth the front and the back sometimes and promptly put on my silk scarf. Putting on the silk scarf as soon as I finish wrapping is key to keeping it smooth.

Back