WEAVEALICIOUS!!!!

HairTemptress

Ok ladies i really need your help. I go to a school a good ways from home, so i am unable to get my hair done. Where i go to school it is almost double the amount to get my hair done there. so im thinking a nice weave. i have never worn a weave, im not sure how i feel about it yet, but i am open to suggestion. i want a nice long weave, that i can curl, that has staying power. i dont want to have it in for 2 weeks and it looks a HAM.

How do i ask my stylist to do my hair underneath?

How long should i get it, i want it at least bsl?

Whats a good brand??

Help, ladies, my search engine isnt working. im so terrified of damaging my hair underneath the weave. should i just cowash and bun like i did last year... granted i wasnt looking my best all year.:ohwell: Or should i opt for a weave and let my hair grow out.??..im 8 wks. post-relaxer.

msa

Since you've never had a weave I suggest you only get one after you've done extensive research. Check out the do's and don'ts of weaves thread and also search "sew in" "weave" on the forum because you'll get lots of threads.

The braiding pattern depends on how much hair you leave out and what your stylist is best at. The brand of hair is going depend on what quality you want, how much you want to pay, and if you want the hair to be reusable.

Go to forum.blackhairmedia.com and visit the weave forum. They have a weave 101 thread that is quite extensive and I think it will help you the most.

msa

Music is right. Half wigs are a great inexpensive option to keep your hair protected and cute at the same time. You coup use them for this semester and take your time doing your weave research and get one during winter break.

trendsetta25

Extension Plus has excellent quality hair!!!Don't know the website off hand but you can google it.I currently have lugo's hair in my head as we speak. I like the brand minus the oiliness. I know Janet and Velvet are supposed to be good BSS hair. I've never tried it. I've been re-using my Lugo's hair for over a year now with no problem.
I personally would suggest getting a weave put in and keep it in for 5 weeks max. Also before you go to school find yourself a fly half wig or lace front that you can rock for about another month or 2. I'm an avid weave wearer and I know self styled is also. She has a lot of ways to rock weaves and lace fronts so check out her fotki.
Make sure you take care of your hair underneath. I still keep up with my regi's. I spray my moisture mix when my hair feels dry and moisturize with my MN/Aloe Vera Gel mix. I co wash weekly with my weave because I have good quality hair that can stand the washing process.
If you have anymore questions PM me.
Hope this helps :)

msa

VersatileNatural, why did you regret uyour weave?? and

When you get a half wig isnt part of your hair out??

When I wear half wigs I don't leave my hair out. I cornrow my hair and leave it alone. I put the wig on, then put on a headband and push it back a little. It leaves enough of my edges showing that the style doesn't look too wiggy. I also generally buy wigs in my texture so people always think it's my hair anyway.

Oh and naturaltobe has a lot of pics of her halfwigs in her fotki. She does a really good job blending just in case you want examples of that.

Last edited:

Opey

If you want cheap decent hair then Sensationnel is the way to go, do not buy the Yaki, that ish scratched up my neck like no other.
Batik is a good synthetic brand for a nice curly weave, its about 10$ a pack

But if you have a lil more money buy something remy, but not all remy is equal and the best braiding pattern is all back, as it lays flattest.

locabouthair

I think you should get a half wig too. I agree with msa. You can take care of your hair underneath better than you can with a weave and they are a lot cheaper. You can buy a synthetic one for $20.

MissBCurly

Ok ladies i really need your help. I go to a school a good ways from home, so i am unable to get my hair done. Where i go to school it is almost double the amount to get my hair done there. so im thinking a nice weave. i have never worn a weave, im not sure how i feel about it yet, but i am open to suggestion. i want a nice long weave, that i can curl, that has staying power. i dont want to have it in for 2 weeks and it looks a HAM.

Help, ladies, my search engine isnt working. im so terrified of damaging my hair underneath the weave. should i just cowash and bun like i did last year... granted i wasnt looking my best all year.:ohwell: Or should i opt for a weave and let my hair grow out.??..im 8 wks. post-relaxer.

B]How do i ask my stylist to do my hair underneath?
the braiding pattern usually depends on the length of your hair, a good weaveologist usually does'nt need to be told how to do the pattern for it to lay flat and look cute[/B]

How long should i get it, i want it at least bsl?

I think this part depends on ur height. Im 5'3 and for BSL I have to get the 14-17" bundle when I order from Extensions plus

Whats a good brand??

I prefer Extensions plus its very long lasting Ive used one of my bundles for over and year now about 4-5 installs or Wagmans Ive heard lugos but I have no personal knowledge

for after care insructions I would check out reniece & co website. You can only damage the hair underneath it if you neglect it and dont watch it and if you do the takedown process completely wrong. The co-washing also depends on the type of install you get, full weave, full head weave, partial weave..if its a straight style or a curly style.

your hair ill grow either way its just a retention thing (to me) when it comes to weave and I would say 8wks post is a great time for a relaxer you can stretch your relaxer and determine ur next steps from there. and if you go for a full weave or ppartial you can just relax the hair thats left out instead off your whole head and if you relax prior to installing ur weve you will have to wait before the install as ur hair will be fragile.

And remember the weave hair will need the same attention that your real hair needs and to upkeep a style with pincurls a bonnet etc...

I HTH:grin: