Weave Tangling Issue!!!

ladylibra

so i am on week 2 of this weave. only the 2nd time i've washed it (once a week). had absolutely NO issues the 1st time.

but this 2nd washing... lawdhammercy...

i don't understand what caused this sudden tangling. everything was fine until i rinsed out the conditioner & went 2 comb the weave. the weave was literally tangled around the wefts... like matted 2gthr! it took me over an HOUR 2 detangle. i was kinda pissed as my natural MBL coils take that long after 2 weeks & this weave was supposed 2 b ALLEVIATING that issue. :angry:

does any1 know what might hav caused this? i wasn't washing my hair all willy-nilly or anything... & it ONLY tangled around the closure. the rest of the weave was just fine. ??? none of my braids hav slipped & none of my hair is loose...

IMFOCSD

I had kinda the same issue with one of my wigs and I purchased some wig/weave conditioner spray from the beauty supply store and that helped.

ladylibra

i guess i will go look 4 that this weekend. i mean sheesh. u would think i didn't comb this weave daily the way it matted! :-(

Roux

what brand of hair is this? did you wash the weave like you would your hair normally?

ETA: I see you were being careful. If this is some BSS hair, that isn't a premium-ish brand most of that hair isn't remy (cuticles aligned) and is heavily processed to strip the cuticles and they place a coating on the hair to give it that nice flow and act right, usually washes off after a couple washes and hair mats and dies.

Last edited:

ladylibra

If this is some BSS hair, that isn't a premium-ish brand most of that hair isn't remy (cuticles aligned) and is heavily processed to strip the cuticles and they place a coating on the hair to give it that nice flow and act right, usually washes off after a couple washes and hair mats and dies.

:-(

i bet this is what happened. i did go cheap 4 this short bob weave hair. i think i will just take it out when it comes time 4 my next wash.

Sent from my Garminfone using Long Hair Care Forum App

kblc06

OMG! I haven't seen you post in ages! Good to have you back :bighug:. Are you still doing youtube videos?

ladylibra

OMG! I haven't seen you post in ages! Good to have you back :bighug:. Are you still doing youtube videos?

hey girl! :hug: i just recently started posting again! i hav a few new vids up. workin on another new one for this weekend. ;)