My spanish wave weave-Tangle City!

kitten73

Okay, I did it. I hav a full head weave with 2 rows of invisible braids in the front. The girl did a great job ($75) I just had to buy the hair (Spanish Wave Beverly Johnson). Of course the first week the hair was banging. I got so many compliments and sent people to the lady who did it. I am using this stuff called Wet & Wavy in a white bottle with purple writing from the BSS. It is pretty good but it isn't work anymore. The hair is very frizzy by the end of each day and super tangled. I untangle as much as I can every night but I need something to help keep it tame. I don't want to take it out anytime soon, she did such a great job, any suggestions from the wet and wavy weave ladies? I am thinking about con washing it with cream of nature detangling shampoo tonight, would that help or make it worse. I know you remi hair lovers are going to tell me I SHOULD have gone the remi way, I know!

carmend

Bev Johnson hair sucks big time!!! I have not had good experience w/that line. And its not like the hair is cheap. The last straw was when I used the water wave and it shed so bad that the track only had like 10-12 strands of hair TOPS left after only 1 week. :lol: I had to take it out.... I always use CON poo on curly weaves. It does the best that I have found at keeping the tangles at bay. If u arent already doing it, then sleep w/a satin scarf on and /or braid the hair up at night in 2-3 big braids. Also I use this mousse to help tame frizz.

SUPER SWEET

Oh no :sad:. I've always used BJ with no problems. If you wash your hair be VERY careful when rinsing it. Try not to disturb the wave pattern too much. I would suggest doing braids and washing each one at time. When you dry the hair braid with a lil oil mousse and the wet and wavy spray.
Best wishes and im so sorry to hear this...

sugaplum

Star Shooter
Same here mysweetevie. :up:Funny your should post this,kitten73, right now I have a full head weave of the Spanish Wave by BJ (12" #1). I've had it for 4 weeks now. I use Iso Bouncing Cream at night, braid it up and roll the eneds. And in the morning, take down the braids and apply Fantasia IC Hair polisher. But all in all the hair is really good for me. :yep:

virtuosity

I am an avid curly/wavy weave wearer and I would suggest that you avoid mousse or hard gells or anything that would dry out the hair further. Even those sprays that say they are made for the wet and wavy hair never worked for me..What works best for me are heavy moisturizing products containing glycerin. Those work great for the tangles and keeping the hair soft. A no fail product for me is Elasta QP's feels like silk along with (don't laugh) a really thick moisturizng cream i.e. foot cream. Anything that can soften tough skin can soften tough hair! LOL! I put these in after spritzing with water and after I apply the products I brush through the hair so it all comes "together"...
hope that helps!

Last edited:

kitten73

This is the same name of the spray that I use, it's made by the same people. I will have to look for this mousse. I tried some Vigorol Mousse last night and it made it sticky. I forgot that the 3 rows of braids she did in the front are with Sensationnel wet and wavy Human Hair and it the part that looks the worse. I took some of the braids out and the BJ hair isn't that bad actually. At the nape of my neck it gets tangled but that happens with people who have curly long hair. I am taking out the rest of the braids in the front tonight and I am going to get some of this frizz mousse. thanks.

kitten73

I think instead of using the CON shampooo, I will get the conditioner and run that through it first and see what happens. The BJ hair is that bad, it was the braids in the front that was giving the frizz puff look. We used two packs of hair and ran out ( i have a big head i guess) and had to use some Sensationnel braiding hair for the edgeds and front.

kitten73

Do you have any pics of you with the weave? I want to see how it will look after 4 weeks. I am only on week two and I am getting worried. I also don't know how to blend my own hair in to the hair when I take out the rest of the braids along the front. I used Jam this morning on the side that I took out last night but it's not staying flat. Any advice?

kitten73

well the Vigorol Mousse I have made it very sticky. I wouldn't bother with the gel either. you mean actual lotion for the skin? I guess it makes sense. I will try anything.

HoneyDew

kitten73 said:
I think instead of using the CON shampooo, I will get the conditioner and run that through it first and see what happens. The BJ hair is that bad, it was the braids in the front that was giving the frizz puff look. We used two packs of hair and ran out ( i have a big head i guess) and had to use some Sensationnel braiding hair for the edgeds and front.

I have the conditioner and it is not as good as the shampoo, IMO.

virtuosity

kitten73 said:
well the Vigorol Mousse I have made it very sticky. I wouldn't bother with the gel either. you mean actual lotion for the skin? I guess it makes sense. I will try anything.

Yes, I mean actual lotion for the skin! :) I have had some bad hair trust me and if this hair that you have is in any way salvageable, the products that I mentioned will do the trick. For curly hair, you HAve to somehow get it detangled . I do it with a vent brush while its wet that helps the glycerin in the products to moisturize and allow the hair to dry nicely.. I don't have any pics up b/c I don't have a connection at home and can't upload pics from work... you can PM me if I'm not being clear. I know the lotion thing sounds weird but it works. NOt any reguar otion now, its gotta be a thick very moisturizing one i.e. Jergen's healing lotion, cetaphil, or foot cream. those are what have worked for me...

Last edited:

sugaplum

Star Shooter
virtuosity said:
I am an avid curly/wavy weave wearer and I would suggest that you avoid mousse or hard gells or anything that would dry out the hair further. Even those sprays that say they are made for the wet and wavy hair never worked for me..What works best for me are heavy moisturizing products containing glycerin. Those work great for the tangles and keeping the hair soft. A no fail product for me is Elasta QP's feels like silk along with (don't laugh) a really thick moisturizng cream i.e. foot cream. Anything that can soften tough skin can soften tough hair! LOL! I put these in after spritzing with water and after I apply the products I brush through the hair so it all comes "together"...
hope that helps!

I agree with you 100% here :up: I've used this before as an experiment and it worked!! I think that's why I like Iso Bouncing Cream so much becuase it is [size=+2]THICK[/size]!! :lol:

I also think the key to mainting your wavy weave is to braid it up really tight. :yep: It locks in the wave pattern and the moisture.

virtuosity

sugaplum said:
I agree with you 100% here :up: I've used this before as an experiment and it worked!! I think that's why I like Iso Bouncing Cream so much becuase it is [size=+2]THICK[/size]!! :lol:

I also think the key to mainting your wavy weave is to braid it up really tight. :yep: It locks in the wave pattern and the moisture.

Thanks for the backup! I was starting to think that I sounded crazy! LOL!

carmend

Yes. I totally agree but the product in the pic I posted doesnt make ur hair hard at all like other mouses. I actually think it is just conditioner (based on the ingredients) that they put into a mousse form somehow. I will have to give the Elasta QP u mentioned....

virtuosity said:
hope that helps!

virtuosity

carmend said:
Yes. I totally agree but the product in the pic I posted doesnt make ur hair hard at all like other mouses. I actually think it is just conditioner (based on the ingredients) that they put into a mousse form somehow. I will have to give the Elasta QP u mentioned....

Aww Carmend, I wasnt directing anything at your post! I hope you didn't take offense when I said that those things didn't work, I didn't even read all the posts b4 I posted. I apologize if I sounded dismissive...((big hug))

kitten73

I use cetaphil and have a big pump bottle of it. What can it hurt. I think this hair can be brought back to life so I am going to work with it. Thank you,

sugaplum

Star Shooter
virtuosity said:
Thanks for the backup! I was starting to think that I sounded crazy! LOL!

:lol: No you're not the only one.

I actually grabbed my Avon foot cream and used it in my wavy hair. :yep: I also added a little Kemi Oyl to my hair becuase the cream was like a matte/creamy look on my hair.

cutebajangirl

Go with the CON shampoo, much better at detangling and coating than the conditioner. I used Sensationnel WetnWavy once and I had to take it out after 4 days. It was a mess. I think Cetaphil might be too light of a lotion to work like the foot creme. I've used Optimum Care hair grease. The one in the blue bottle and purple top with a peachy color grease inside.

kitten73

i guess i will be dropping some big bucks in the BSS this afternoon. I am gettting some CON shampoo, some wet & wavy mousse, some elasta qp and I will work with the cetaphil that i already have. something is bound to work. it is all trial and era. i went in the ladies room and my first track is showing. it is like the Jam melted and my own hair is seperating. what to do, what to do. hard gel in the front will be a no no because of flaking.

carmend

The CON poo (green label) is a MUST for curly hair...

And Virtuosity, I didnt take offense at all... And I have tried putting Palmers coco butter lotion on some bad hair one time. So I feel u on that one.... It didnt work but that hair was REALLY bad...:D

CynamonKis

In terms of quality hair I really like the superhair factory(http://www.superhairfactory.com/), and just brought some wavy hair from the hair factory (http://www.hairfactory.com/) which I plan to try soon.

Oh my! When I read Kitten's story I felt "de ja vu". I purchased this same exact Beverly Johnson Spanish Wave hair she described and it probably looked good on me for the first few days; but throughout the remaining 5 weeks I had it on my hair it was so hard that when I finally got it taken off I threw it in the garbage--it looked like a dog chewed it up.

I am now wearing the Milky Way - Wavy Italian Permanent Wave Weave and I dislike it almost as much as the Beverly Johnson brand -- BUT I have "tamed" it with Fantasia IC Extra Dry Hair Formula, and am flat-ironing the heck out of it until I can get to the salon and get my new hair put in.

I have also tried the Brazilian Wave weave from the Super Hair Factory
The hair, per-se, was a good quality hair but the brazilian wave texture was quite frizzy and hard to manage but the hair quality was quite nice, and while at the time I thought it was pricey in hindsight I feel good quality hair is worth the money and will definitely order from them again, just won't get the brazilian wave texture.

kitten73 said:
Okay, I did it. I hav a full head weave with 2 rows of invisible braids in the front. The girl did a great job ($75) I just had to buy the hair (Spanish Wave Beverly Johnson). Of course the first week the hair was banging. I got so many compliments and sent people to the lady who did it. I am using this stuff called Wet & Wavy in a white bottle with purple writing from the BSS. It is pretty good but it isn't work anymore. The hair is very frizzy by the end of each day and super tangled. I untangle as much as I can every night but I need something to help keep it tame. I don't want to take it out anytime soon, she did such a great job, any suggestions from the wet and wavy weave ladies? I am thinking about con washing it with cream of nature detangling shampoo tonight, would that help or make it worse. I know you remi hair lovers are going to tell me I SHOULD have gone the remi way, I know!

CynamonKis

The Hair Factory's hair comes with shampoo and care instructions that I thought would be helpful to post here (http://www.hairfactory.com):

SHAMPOO

1. Pick curly hair to remove all tangles from hair
2. On dry hair apply Revlon Cream of Nature Detangling Conditioning Shampoo
3. Gently apply lukewarm water to shampoo
4. Gently shampoo and rinse thoroughly
5. With a vent brush or wide tooth comb, start at bottom of hair and gently work your way to scalp
6. Follow care instructions according to texture

CARE INSTRUCTIONS-WAVY HAIR

1. If hair is dry, spray with water to achieve the wavy natural look (add a small amount of creme rinse, or conditioner such as Optimum Care or Hair So New to in a spray bottle)

2. Style while wet using a wide pick comb (apply a silicone such as Shine Source by PaulRobinson or Shine & Seal by Paul Mitchell BEFORE ANY OTHER PRODUCTS. Silicone will smooth and seal hair creating a shine without oil buildup).

3. Dry naturally

4. At night sleep with hair in a net. For more moisture and to maintain control apply a leave in conditioner/oil sheen such as TCB or World of Curls (my hair dresser recommends Wave Nuveau Finishing lotion; I may try the ISO bouncy cream as I read on a previous post here)

5. FOR EUROPEAN WAVY TEXTURES - apply a gel or mousse to keep wave pattern in for the day

DO NOT USE PINK OR WHITE MOISTURIZERS

cutebajangirl said:
Go with the CON shampoo, much better at detangling and coating than the conditioner. I used Sensationnel WetnWavy once and I had to take it out after 4 days. It was a mess. I think Cetaphil might be too light of a lotion to work like the foot creme. I've used Optimum Care hair grease. The one in the blue bottle and purple top with a peachy color grease inside.

CynamonKis

Re: My spanish wave weave-PRODUCT RAVE!

Sure I'll post over there and once I figure out how to do so I'll post the cruise pic I took with the Brazilian in.

On reviving bad hair, I tried a recommendation from my hair dresser and it worked wonderfully: Wave Nuveau Finishing Lotion (NOT mist). It really kept the bad hair from tangling so much, softened it, and gave it sheen.

cutebajangirl said:
CynamonKis-
Can you post any other reviews of hair you have here:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=65740

Thanks for the review on brazilian wave hair I was jsut thinking of rying that. Do you have any pics with it in?