Weave Question

NapfroConsulate

I am getting a weave sew-in tomorrow and I was curious to know if there is a preferred or better braid pattern that works or doesn't work. Are straight down cornrows best or is it best to have your hair braided in a circle starting at the nape then swirling around to end at the crown? Does it even matter? Any advice would be appreciated. TIA!

supermodelsonya

I would like to have all my hair braided. I assume thats a full weave then?

Yes it's a full weave. I prefer my hair braided straight to the back other than braided in a circle for a flatter install. I also wear closures. Here is an example of a braid pattern if you are installing a closure.

Attachments

• 100_2803.jpg
    100_2803.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 30

glamazon386

It usually depends on the style you're going for and the type of hair you purchased. If the stylist is using a net it doesn't matter.

kami11213

I prefer braiding straight back and sewing the braids up btwn the parts or if you want a ponytail braiding in a circular pattern. I get really flat installs using either method... there are really helpful youtube vids on braid patterns also...

cmw45

Straight back means flatter installs...for me it also means less stress on my hair line. The circular bee pattern was really tough on my edges.

Miss_C

I have the circular pattern right now, and it's not for me. It really marries you to one styling option for the hair. If I want to wear my hair up, I have to get a headband because the way she braided it the braid will show if I don't. Havent had this problem with straight back braids.

NapfroConsulate

I attached pictures of the hair I am putting in today.

Attachments

• NATURAL HAIR JOURNAL 001.jpg
    NATURAL HAIR JOURNAL 001.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 15
  • NATURAL HAIR JOURNAL 002.jpg
    NATURAL HAIR JOURNAL 002.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 16
  • NATURAL HAIR JOURNAL 003.jpg
    NATURAL HAIR JOURNAL 003.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 14

Miss_C

I have a curly install right now, I if I had it to do over again, I would have left the top of my hair out to blend, and also would leave a little more of my hair out in the front for styling options, unless I got bangs. Looks more natural than a closure IMO.