Braid pattern Weave it yourselfers get in here!

motherx2esq

I am going to redo my sew in and I need a braid pattern that will have my sew in flat to my head. I will not be doing the braiding myself because I just cannot cornrow AT ALL! lol So all the weave it yourself girls get over here and share your secrets! TIA

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
I am going to redo my sew in and I need a braid pattern that will have my sew in flat to my head. I will not be doing the braiding myself because I just cannot cornrow AT ALL! lol So all the weave it yourself girls get over here and share your secrets! TIA

Braiding straight back is the easiest way, but you almost always end up w/ a bulk of hair in the back and it's hard to conceal when wearing a high ponytail. I braid in a circular pattern and leave hair out all around. You can also braid in the horseshoe pattern in the front then then vertically in the back, this works great too. Either make sure the braids are teeny tiny and you're be fine. I have a few braid patterns in my Fotki, but I know a BHM called "amandita" who has the MOTHERLOAD in her's...I would try looking for her Fotki. HTH!

freshlikemoi

I currently have a sewn in..and mine is straight back. Be sure to leave edges out..you dont want those in braids..or else you wont have any in a few weeks.

hothair

Depends on the style but usually straight back; I braid the ends of the vertical braids into one horizontal cornrow [and I'm sure this is totally not making sense:rolleyes:] or sew the ends of each cornrow on to itself to reduce bulk , OR to prevent the bulk at the back totally I cornrow it to the centre (especially with a full head)...

loved

Braid Pattern - Weave It Yourselfers get in here!

Another BHM member -weavesbycharron has pics of a braid pattern in her fotki where she hooks the ends of the braids to avoid the bulk at the back.

I tried a new pattern yesterday, where I took it across at the back and connected the ends of most of the braids. I don't have the bulk at the back, but it's not my greatest work so no pics.

BeautifulFlower

My cousin who owns a shop and is a weave master does this...

Leave a little in the front to cover the weave when done. I do mean about an inch wide and 2.5 inches back.
Cornrow straight back.
Once all cornrows are done pull tail up in between cornrows and sew them into the cornrow.
Takes longer then sewing it in together at the bottom but you wont have to big bump at the bottom. Much flatter application.

loved

Leave a little in the front to cover the weave when done. I do mean about an inch wide and 2.5 inches back.
Cornrow straight back.
Once all cornrows are done pull tail up in between cornrows and sew them into the cornrow.
Takes longer then sewing it in together at the bottom but you wont have to big bump at the bottom. Much flatter application.

Thanks for the suggestion Prettyface. I will use this pattern myself on my next install.

motherx2esq

Cornrow straight back.

This is what I decided to go with. I should have taken pictures of the braid pattern but sorry I did not! :wallbash:

It is pretty flat and I like how my hair is laying a lot. I will post pictures on my fotki today.