Weave-Off!!! - Halley's Curls Natural VS Model Model DreamWeaver Afro Curl

Which brand is better?

• Other - please explain

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

KurlyNinja

I'm 6.5 months post right now and the two textures are fighting each other as well as fighting with me. I can't take much more of it so I want to weave it up at least until December. I've NEVER worn weave in my life, but I figure its either weave it or cut it (and cutting it is not an option for me right now). I don't want to wear straight weaves because I would like to leave some hair out and I refuse to use heat everyday to make the weave look decent. So here are the contenders

Halley's Curls Natural:
Natural at Halley's Curls: Supreme Remy and Virgin Malaysian Hair Products

and

Model Model DreamWeaver Afro Curl
Hair Sisters.com

I think each has their pros and cons for me personally. Halley's Curls is expensive at least for me. I'm on a college student budget and I would have to wait for it to be mailed to me (which would give me more time to contemplate cutting my hair :nono:)Even though I do like the texture more. With the Model Model, I can buy it from the store down the street from me and its in my budget, but the curls don't look as tight as I would like them to be. :ohwell:

I just want everybody's opinion on this, especially ones who have used these weaves before. If you've used it before tell me about the quality, blending, EVERYTHING. Remember I've never had a weave before and don't really know much as sad as that is. :look: ALL HELP IS APPRECIATED!!

omegachick31

The hair has been gently processed sans chemicals to a realistic 4-B curl...lol at the description given for the Halley's Curls Natural...and I thought the movie Good Hair taught us nobody wanted our hair...oh that's right they are just making the hair look like ours but from a Malaysian base...too much!

Okay now that I got that out the way....I say splurge, the only thing worse than a bad weave with cheap hair is a cheap weave with bad hair...not saying that Model Model is bad, I've gotten some pretty nice wigs from that brand...which you might want to try before investing in a weave...but if I had to vote for a sew-in I would go with the Halley's natural, I've never used it but from the pics I liked the natural look of it more and the description totally sold me...lol

Also why don't you type both them into Youtube to see if anyone else have tried either, you may be able find someone who has used one or the other and get a more realistic view of which one you like the most.

EllePixie

Wouldn't cheaper quality weave hair with that pattern tangle easily? I don't know I wish I could feel both of them...but if I got a weave I would want hair I know I can use more than once.