Wearing Hair Down?????

gradygirl

I know I have said this before but since joining LHCF I never wear my hair down anymore. I have become almost addicted to wearing my up. I mean I wore it up all winter so that my winter clothes would not snag my shoulder length hair at the time. I was planning to wear it down for the summer but it is atleast 92 degrees or more in south Georgia every day so of course I'm wearing it up to beat the heat (atleast thats what I'm telling myself) . Don't get me wrong I've benefited greatly from wearing my hair up but I'm wondering when am I going to start showing off all of my hard work so I've decided that after I finish the hide your hair till Christmas challenge I'm going to force myself to wear my hair down on the weekends. I really want to start enjoying my hair more because right now it feels like a second job to me. Thanks for letting me vent ladies.

Last edited by a moderator:

danimani

I never stopped. It's just something I'm used to. I simply take more precautions than I used to. For example, I never wear my hair down when I'm sleeping.

My hair hasn't stopped growing. I'm dealing with four inches of new growth since April. So wearing it doesn't hasn't hindered my process at all.

I believe it's all in how you take care of your hair.

sareca

Only my husband and you guys have seen my hair down. I think I've worn it down to work once in the last year. But when I get to APL it's on! :D From dec 1 06 until jan 31 I'm wearing it down. Everyday. :yep: I can't wait.

KiniKakes

Protective styles has become such a part of my everyday life/routine, that it doesnt even phase me. However, once I've reached mid-back length, I do plan to wear it down more often............. I look forward to that. :)

Trini"T"

Wearing my hair up is just a way of life for me now...it'll almost be 2 yrs. I'll never truly be comfortable wearing my hair down until it's brastrap. The length of my hair now causes my ends to rub against my clothes:perplexed and we all know that's a no no:lol:

I've worn protective styles for 7 years now. I actually haven't worn it down and straight since Clinton was in office.:) I'm going to do better this year and wear it down for a change. I'll start with my trip to London next month. I'll be sure to provide pics.:grin:

simplycee

Sweetest Taboo
I live in MA and the winters here are brutal. I wear my hair up during the winter. I just do, my ends thank me for it. Now that its summer I have been wearing my hair down alot. I make sure to moisturize my ends daily (sometimes twice a day) and make sure my hair is covered when I'm lounging around the house or sleeping.

I haven't seen any breakage, no more splits that I usually see (not many) and I'm still retain the growth I'm getting. Now that I'm a solid bsl I'm working towards mid back. Come end of Sept, beginning of Oct its back to the bun and protective styling till Spring 2007. I had to let my hair out a little. :D :)

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
gradygirl said:
I know I have said this before but since joining LHCF I never wear my hair down anymore. I have become almost addicted to wearing my up. I mean I wore it up all winter so that my winter clothes would not snag my shoulder length hair at the time. I was planning to wear it down for the summer but it is atleast 92 degrees or more in south Georgia every day so of course I'm wearing it up to beat the heat (atleast thats what I'm telling myself) . Don't get me wrong I've benefited greatly from wearing my hair up but I'm wondering when am I going to start showing off all of my hard work so I've decided that after I finish the hide your hair till Christmas challenge I'm going to force myself to wear my hair down on the weekends. I really want to start enjoying my hair more because right now it feels like a second job to me. Thanks for letting me vent ladies.

So funny that you started this thread. I was going to start a thread yesterday also saying how tired I am of my bun, my 4 year bun! It's become a habit now. --a habit that's hard to break. Isn't that awful.

Maybe we need a challenge where we're required to wear our hair down 2-4 times a week. :)

Note: Please forgive me--it says on your original post that I edited it. I really didn't. I was trying to "quote" you on my post (this one) and not "edit" but I hit the wrong button. Still new at this moderator thing... :p

OneInAMillion

sareca said:
Only my husband and you guys have seen my hair down. I think I've worn it down to work once in the last year. But when I get to APL it's on! :D From dec 1 06 until jan 31 I'm wearing it down. Everyday. :yep: I can't wait.

Same here girl! Pre-LHCF, I wore my hair down about 5 days out of the week, and it grew, just not as quickly. I plan on going back to that in December, when I get to full APL.