WEARING YOUR HAIR DOWN

Thanks ladies its nice to know I am not alone. I was starting to feel really bad about not wearing protective styles

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said: What are those Denali? Barbie - as in the dream house?

[/ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
rofl.gif
I think she meant BOBBIE pins!!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks... Thats the way I say it Barbie not Bobbie....
See I learn something everyday from this board
laugh.gif

I know I'm late in responding but I wear my hair down most of the time. My hair still grows the same. I have just learned to keep my hair moisturized and conditioned. I usually wear it slightly wavy or straight. My hair is relaxed.

Those of you who wear your hair down, how do you protect your hair from rubbing against your clothes? Do you wear clothing of a material that won’t pull on hair? Or does it matter after your hair gets to a certain length?

One of these days I would like to wear my hair down but I don’t want to worry about it catching on my clothes.

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
Those of you who wear your hair down, how do you protect your hair from rubbing against your clothes? Do you wear clothing of a material that won’t pull on hair? Or does it matter after your hair gets to a certain length?

One of these days I would like to wear my hair down but I don’t want to worry about it catching on my clothes.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think if you apply moisturizer to it, the hairs won't catch because the of the coating the moisturizers leave...this is what im thinking anyway
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Denali03 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Lindy said:
[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
What are those Denali? Barbie - as in the dream house?

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks... Thats the way I say it Barbie not Bobbie....
See I learn something everyday from this board
laugh.gif

rofl.gif
I think she meant BOBBIE pins!!
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I am so sorry love. I really thought it was a cute new pin. I have a thing for children's hair accessories....so really , barbie was sounding cool to me. I feel like a dope. I wasn't meaning to make fun at all.
nono.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
I am so sorry love. I really thought it was a cute new pin. I have a thing for children's hair accessories....so really , barbie was sounding cool to me. I feel like a dope. I wasn't meaning to make fun at all.
nono.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
It's all good.
wink.gif

I wear my hair down daily. I also flat iron my hair on a regular basis too. I want my hair to look fresh and stylish. I use ceramic irons and drink plenty of water so my hair does not dry out. I keep it moisturised too.

I may do the bun or protective style more so in the summer. My hair is so thick and it's so hot when it's down. Overall, I wear my hair down often.

Your welcome ladies. I knew of pin curls for a long time but never tried it. Then last month I just decided to experiment with them and I love them.

You wear your hair down AND flat iron it on a regular and it is still healthy and growing??
shocked.gif
You must have very resistant hair. My hair would be on the floor.

I tried the pin curls last night. They worked great and my hair has a nice curl this morning but it is a little too tight. Tonight I will wrap it. I think that the pin curls are a really good option over using a curling iron.

Note that I did not use my 2 prong clips, I used my hair pins, I don't think that I would have been very comfortable last night if i had used my two prong clips. This is something that I will be adding to my regime as another way of no heat, time saving styling.

Are pin curls only for people with a certain length hair? I would think if would not look good on someone with shoulder length or above shoulder hair. My hair is just grazin my shoulders and I think if i pin curled it, it I would look like James Brown.

No mine is just below chin length in the front and just touching my back in the back, when straight.It came out looking like I had curled my hair with a curling iron. Next time I will do them larger or looser so that the curls are not so tight.

Surprisingly, i never feel the two prong clips in my hair at night. It's very comfortable. Also I do flatiron weekly and I do think my hair could be healthier but all in all I am gaining length.

Karezone, I'm glad you like the pin curls.
smile.gif
I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but you can adjust the size and direction of the curls by the size and amount of the pin curls. With a little practice, you will know how to achieve your desired look.
wink.gif
I like my curls to be loose, so I tend to make bigger pin curls, usually.

I wear my hair down almost everyday. I am right at brastrap. I have continued to maintain healthy hair and it's still growing nicely. It's not hard for me at all. I always make sure to use a good leave-in. I always wrap it at night and sleep with my silk scarf. I also make sure that I keep my ends trimmed.

I have been able to achieve a slight flip using pin curls as well. I wish I had the energy to do them every night though.

I have heard of many speaking of protective hair styles and I understand why they do it. For me however, the reason I take such good care of my hair is so that, let's be honest, I can show it off LOL

Just my feeling why have a toy if you are forbid to play with it? Needless to say I wear it down
smile.gif
and I have two more inchs until my goal

Hi All

I with you Donda, why spend so much time, money and effort keeping your hair healthy and beautiful if it's always up in a bun or something. I have been wearing my hair down almost everyday for 10 years and my hair is still as thick, long and healthy as it's ever been.

Back