We need to be Women of God more than ever before...

LucieLoo12

I've been hearing about Miley Cyrus. (Not just on here, but everyday life). She is constantly being brought up since her performance at the VMA's. I do not watch MTV but I just keep seeing and hearing about it on various news networks. And it really has me burden for the women of our upcoming generation, that they have these type of women to look up to. This news channel showed a snippet of her performance and I couldnt even watch it, but had to turn the channel. :nono: I have really been praying for Miley, like really. Because she is obviously under the influence of some spirit. I myself would act like this in the world and I was so blinded by the enemy to think that stuff was cute. But now being on the other side, I see just how distasteful it really is.

This is the scripture I thought of:

Eph. 4
This I say therefore, and testify in the Lord, that ye henceforth walk not as other Gentiles walk, in the vanity of their mind,
18 Having the understanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindness of their heart:
19 Who being past feeling have given themselves over unto lasciviousness, to work all uncleanness with greediness.

I know some may get mad at me for saying this, but NO woman of God or Christian period should be "twerking". It is unacceptable and you can't prove to me that it is not. We as women who are proclaimin Christianity need to have a standard of righteousness like never before. To truly show the difference between the clean and the unclean". We can't say we are Christians and our lives show a different story.

The purpose of a woman and the nature of a woman has been so lost. Our delicateness and sensitivity is gone, to the likes of Beyonce , Rhianna and Miley. When men see women now, that they dont see a jewel or a prize, but they see sexuality and sensuality because society has taught them to value women like that.

This is how women dressed in the 1950's, this was last than 75 years ago

Look how some dress now

Let's keep our young women in prayer that they do not be taken away with this wave of sexualism that is sweeping our world. But that they sanctify themselves unto God. This is truly of the devil, but the power of the righteous avails much! God bless.

Last edited:

Blackpearl1993

Amen, amen, amen! I couldn't have said it better myself. Etiquette/learning how to be a proper lady was important in our home when I was growing up. My mother remembers people signing their daughters up for charm school.

Iwanthealthyhair67

look at those mannequins, with its generous hips ultra slim waistlines and more than ample bosoms, with nipps no less....I believe that they are sending subliminal messages about body type and weight, especially to those that are insecure and not comfortable in their own skin.

menina

Believing the book of Revelations
Chile Miley disturbed everyone with that nonsense. As far as twerking and sexiness, keep it in private with the hubby. There do need to be more positive modest female and male role models. It starts with us, not the world, cause they always want to display women a certain way.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
This is how women dressed in the 1950's, this was last than 75 years ago

LucieLoo12

I have a picture of my mom, dressed in these exact same garments. The shoes and socks also. :yep: She was still in school at the time the picture was taken. She was holding her school books. This picture just leaped as I saw it in your post.

I have to find it. O' My Goodness! She is wearing this exact same outfit.

Wow!

mingming3

WOW! Lucie I was thinking this same thing the other day! I never watch any of these award shows and for good reason too!

Nice & Wavy

You are so right...:yep:.

We need to be Titus 2 women:

Older women likewise are to be reverent in behavior, not slanderers or slaves to much wine. They are to teach what is good, 4 and so train the young women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled, pure, working at home, kind, and submissive to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be reviled.
Titus 2: 3-5

mrselle

I saw the performance and was bothered. The nasty gestures, her outfit and her grinding up on a married man who is old enough to be her father. Yep...I had lots and lots of thoughts about performance.

Belle Du Jour

I did not see the performance and will not be watching it. There are women who pass me by on the street every day who make me wriggle my nose up. Why does everything have to be on display? And if it isn't clothes that are too tight/short, it's just a general disregard for other people in manner and appearance. People just don't care who they are offending anymore. Back in the day, you at least tried to be presentable for your fellow humans :perplexed