More Than We Can Bear?

loolalooh

Does God promise to not give us more than we can handle?

I've been down in the dumps lately, but as much as I try, I cannot let go of my faith in Him completely. It wavers, yes. I doubt sometimes, yes. I even store my Bible away and say "I'm done with this" on a few occasions. However, before the day's end, I am still a believer. I can't remove that which is in me. I can't deny the Holy Spirit. It just doesn't feel right to let go. Trials may stomp all over us and send us through the wringer, but they cannot take away our faith entirely. Here's some food for thought:

(From Does God promise to not give us more than we can handle?)

First Corinthians 10:13 in the NKJV reads, “No temptation has overtaken you except such as is common to man; but God is faithful, who will not allow you to be tempted beyond what you are able, but with the temptation will also make the way of escape, that you may be able to bear it.” This Scripture teaches us a powerful principle. If we belong to Him, God will not allow any difficulty to come into our lives that we are not capable of bearing.

So, anything that comes our way, anything that tempts us, any tragedy that befalls us—we are capable of overcoming it and achieving spiritual victory. That does not mean it will always be easy. Quite the contrary—the fact that we may need a “way of escape” indicates that God sometimes allows difficult trials to come into our lives. We may not believe that we can overcome it, we may doubt our own strength to prevail, and we may even fail in the temptation. That does not mean, though, that we are not capable of overcoming that particular temptation. Whether it is a temptation to sin or a temptation to doubt God, God promises that we will be able to overcome it.

But what does it mean to “overcome” trials? It means the trials do not overcome our faith or our position as children of God, and we come through the trials intact.

Maybe you haven't seen this yet, but you have a powerful testimony and you are a power witness for the Lord and for what He has done and is still doing for you.

The enemy is simply trying to stop you from sharing your witness and bearing as a witness for God.

But.........

he will not stop you... :nono:

Because....

he cannot stop you... :nono:

God has blocked him and you have a clear path to walk right on through.

Thank You Loolalooh.

I'm going to mediate on 1Cor10:13. I've been down about the lack of movement in my personal life and fearing being still. Previous times I've been "still" and stagnant I've fallen into deep depressions that I didn't think I would have come out of and I fear that if I'm "stil"l I'll be alone and depressed forgetting that the Lord will provide a way of escape and bring me through the valley and out of it. Thank you for this reminder that he is with us always. That it is not by our own strength but his strength in us that gets us through the hard times. I just need to believe this in my heart.

Maybe you haven't seen this yet, but you have a powerful testimony and you are a power witness for the Lord and for what He has done and is still doing for you.

The enemy is simply trying to stop you from sharing your witness and bearing as a witness for God.

But.........

he will not stop you... :nono:

Because....

he cannot stop you... :nono:

God has blocked him and you have a clear path to walk right on through.

Thank you so much, Shimmie! He will not stop me. I'm going to keep on fighting. Thank you.

Thank You Loolalooh.

I'm going to mediate on 1Cor10:13. I've been down about the lack of movement in my personal life and fearing being still. Previous times I've been "still" and stagnant I've fallen into deep depressions that I didn't think I would have come out of and I fear that if I'm "stil"l I'll be alone and depressed forgetting that the Lord will provide a way of escape and bring me through the valley and out of it. Thank you for this reminder that he is with us always. That it is not by our own strength but his strength in us that gets us through the hard times. I just need to believe this in my heart.

I definitely know the feeling. Let's keep on believing.

Lord this is on time..I know I have had some days in recent this way but then things have turned up.I know that Im like anyone out there Im not perfect and I buckle at times in circumstances that for my narrow sight are too hard to bare but I know in all things we go through if we love him sincerely surely they will work out in our favor for his ultimate glory..Ok let me get off this Im feeling happy

I've been down in the dumps lately, but as much as I try, I cannot let go of my faith in Him completely. It wavers, yes. I doubt sometimes, yes. I even store my Bible away and say "I'm done with this" on a few occasions. However, before the day's end, I am still a believer. I can't remove that which is in me. I can't deny the Holy Spirit. It just doesn't feel right to let go. Trials may stomp all over us and send us through the wringer, but they cannot take away our faith entirely.

Loolalooh- Lately this has been my story... I've been in a spiritual battle this entire year and it has intensified as I draw closer to God.
I don't see the light yet but I do know that greater is he that is in you me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4) I just have to keep reminding myself that.

The world is waiting to hear our testimonies.

Loolalooh- Lately this has been my story... I've been in a spiritual battle this entire year and it has intensified as I draw closer to God.
I don't see the light yet but I do know that greater is he that is in you me than he that is in the world (1 John 4:4) I just have to keep reminding myself that.

The world is waiting to hear our testimonies.

And I am SO ready to give it! :yep:

Back