Follow the drip Pic heavy it is Sunday LOL

Raspberry

Wow I'm fascinated by this.. it came out great!

Please continue to post updates as your hair progresses.. I've never seen anyone get a WN who actually knew much about hair health so it will be interesting to see how this works out for you with more hair knowledge in tow :yep:.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
It looks great! And good for you for speaking up about what you wanted

^^^THIS!

first - your hair looks lovely. glad to see you found an option that works with your healthy lifestyle. that is sooooo important!

second --- i agree with whiteoleander91. i am so happy you spoke up for yourself instead of letting a stylist bald you:yep:

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
diadall I forgot to address the price, it was $85 and I tipped $15 for her pain and suffering :rofl: so it was $100 and so far well worth it.

Bless old schools heart. I warned her when I walked in the door:

I want it cut with conditioner

I don't want my ends "trimmed"

You won't be putting me under the dryer 50-11 times

You won't be rolling my hair like - - - this (under )you will be rolling it like [ [ [ this sideways.

It was her mission in life to not let me leave I was only supposed to be there for a consult. It was also her mission to cut my hair. How do you tell me b4 the consult you are going to have to cut off my dead ends. She hadn't touched my hair but just knew she needed to cut it SIDE EYE. I even told her it cost too much. She told me she would trim it up for free. To which I told her that was ok I was pressed for time. I kept turning my chair towards the mirror she kept turning me back. Finally I saw curls on the floor WTF I told you I would be back for my trim. You see my hair gangsta leaning in the pic of the back of my hair :nono:

That being said Old School did a good job.

NJoy

Here I grow again!
I have left the natural side. I do Zumba daily sometimes twice a day and the rinsing and detangling just became too much. My puff would be dripping. I was seriously at the point of shaving my head or poison chemicals. I chose the chemicals, I mean I can always shave my head (when I'm slimmer I refuse to be fat and bald :rofl: )

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Your hair looks great, girl. :grin:

nzeee

PP: you + hair = pure gorjosity! :grin:

pls do keep us abreast of how your new hair and reggie work out (pun intended ;o)

Nonie

Very pretty, OP!

Wow I'm fascinated by this.. it came out great!

Please continue to post updates as your hair progresses.. I've never seen anyone get a WN who actually knew much about hair health so it will be interesting to see how this works out for you with more hair knowledge in tow :yep:.

@Raspberry I believe a few people on the forum have had the curly perm which both Wave Nouveau and Jherri Curl are, with nice results.

I don't know if I'd feel "comfy" straightening a curly perm though. But that's just me. I'm chicken and the idea of using heat on chemically processed hair now that I know more about hair makes me shudder. :crazy: Before I took an interest in hair, pfft :rolleyes: "Where's the hot comb?"

MzSwift

The results are beautiful!

When my mom rocked her WN, she didn't have to use heat to straighten it. She would use a brush underneath with the palm of her hand on the other side, pull it downward and use the brush the encourage the ends to curl under.

It wasn't straight like it was with a perm though. It looked more like a natural with lightly pressed hair.

GL on your new journey! :)

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
Thank you ladies for all of your kind words. I have been doing the wash and slick into a bun for the last few days I'm scared for my curls. the ends seem to be ok but the roots look straight maybe with some Snap back the curls will do what they are supposed to do.

SelahOco

This is beautiful! Now you're a "curly girl" for real! You look BEAUTIFUL btw. What have you been doing? Working out? You look fab.