Wash n Sets

sdot

Do you guys prefer to do your own wash and sets ( i guess so you feel more in control of the maintenance of your hair) or go to the salon for the professional style/care.

I have been doing my own for the past 2 months ... since it has been humid I cant really see good results..but wanted to see if you guys have a preference and enjoyed the results of ur own care vs. the salon.

iprocrz108

I really enjoy doing my own wash and sets despite the amount of time it takes me :look: I also like the fact that I know and like the products that I'm using. Over the years my techniques and products have gotten much better so I can expect decent to salon quality results at home for a fraction of the costs I would pay at a salon. :grin:

Dposh167

^^^what she said:yep:...ever since my journey i haven't gone to salon to do a wash and set. Maybe i'll splurge this summer. But i really only go to the salon for touch ups. I wanted to wait til my hair got longer til i go to the salon for simple things like wash and sets. B.c. my hair is short and uneven, they never style it in a nice modern way. I usually come out looking like someone's grandma:nono:...so i prefer to do it myself

sevetlana

I enjoy being able to have control over my own hair. I used to go to the stylist every week for a wash and set. My hair was dry after day three, especially my edges they were the worst. All in the past now. :yep: Yay!!

ajoyfuljoy

I enjoy doing my own hair but now that it's gotten a little longer I am having issues with the way it looks in a rollerset. But I'll figure it out and I still prefer doing my own hair.

cocoaluv

I used to go on a weekly bases and sometimes even twice a week because I was too scared to do it on my own. But after one too many bad run ins with stylists (dominican ones) I have decided to just do it all on my own. I'm on the verge of transitioning so I know there is no way in hell I'd go back unless I chicken out and start getting relaxers again. Regardless of what I do I have come to the point where I am better off doing my hair on my own. I am the most gentle and at least I dont make myself feel bad about my new growth. My wash and sets aren't as good at the dominicans but its free and it comes out pretty ok. With practice I'm sure I will get better.

bermudabeauty

I have carpal tunnel on my hands. So my hands ache after I do a roller set. I will do my own flexi rod set because I don't have to put my rollers in all neat like. But usually I go to the salon. Its only $23 to have someone do it. Feel free to view my fotki for view of my roller sets.