Wash 'n Go'ers ... how often to you wash/co-wash your hair?

jcanalena79

Wash 'n Go'ers ... how often do you wash/co-wash your hair?

I pretty much just wash and go. I have been experimenting with products so have been washing 3-4 times a week to remove buildup. As I'm settling into a regimen (sort of), I'm wondering if my hair would still benefit from co-washing multiple times a week. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Vashti

I co-wash 2-3 times a week to prevent build up from getting out of control and also to help keep it moisturized and my hair is thriving. I think it would be fine to co-wash multiple times per week. I think it's better than shampooing multiple times per week because co-washing helps condition the hair.

ckisland

I used to cowash everyday until I developed swimmer's ear multiple times :ohwell:. But when I'm in my wash n'go phase, I cowash every other to every 3 days. If I use a lot of KCCC, I can go a solid week without cowashing and just refreshing my wash n'go in the morning by spritzing and shaking.

jcanalena79

Oh, I'm sure it's much easier with a TWA or similarly short hair ... but I'm dealing with a thick, curly mane that's APL just hanging curly/shrunken. Has anyone who has replied already have NL or longer and do wash and go's?

sorry, ckisland :) ... posted same time as you

classychic1908

I typically cowash once a week though, I can keep a wash n go for two weeks or until I'm ready to cowash.

I use gel for hold (KCCC). I also spritz my hair in the mornings with aloe juice or aloe juice with glycerin. Or sometimes plain water.

I don't understand the need to cowash frequently if your hair is properly moisturized and you have a good product for hold, though it seems to work for some... listen to your hair and do what your hair loves.