Wash and GO with a Relaxer

tifill

Ladies I would like to know if any of you have a hairstyle that you do that is just wash and GO. I am starting to get the rules down and if I have to condition wash 2-3 times a week plus a shampoo at least once a week then I can not roller set each time. Is there anyone that has any great ideas on what to do to my hair during the week between roller sets. When I air dry my hair it is so dry and frizzy it is just one big HOT MESS. Please help.

drasgrl

Bun. What I used to do was put it in a bun after I towel dried it out some oil on it and tied it with a scarf to make it lay flat.
Braid out.
Bantu knots/China bumps makes it curly when you take it out.

MrsJersey

I usually do my cowash at night so that I have time for it to dry. After my wash I put my hair into one or two french braids and by the morning they are pretty dry. Also, while it's still wet I make sure to moisturize and put my leave in on so that it is not dry in the morning. Then in the morning I finger comb into a bun or pin it up.

HTH

Keep1Belle

When I had a relaxer, I would wash deep condition, rinse. Then spray damp hair with infusium leave in and use some pink oil put in a bun and pin in place. Sometimes I would put a scarf on the edges while I drove to work so that the edges would lay flat. If not I always carried a head band with me just in case

tifill

Ladies thanks for your help. My problem is I can not wear buns or ponytails because I end up with headaches any suggestions

Napp

Ms. Nobody
i would pull it back as if i was making a pony tail and then twist it over and secure with a claw clip

Everything Zen

I wear 2 braids most of the time as wash n' go style. I finger comb my hair or use a jilbere comb to detangle. I don't use any ties on the ends. It's low manipulation and it makes me look very youthful which I love (cos' I'm super old at 26 :rolleyes:) I ususally wear a headband/scarf of some type when I'm in public or with MisterMan. I know, I know it can cause wear and tear on the front of your hair if you do it too often but overall I think it is a great protective style.

tifill

Is there anyone who use some product to scrunch the hair after you wash it. I just wonder because many of you ladies wet your hair at least twice a week and this is hard to go under the dryer twice a week.

MrsJersey

I don't use a dryer for my cowashes b/c that would be too much heat since I do them so often. Might I suggest a braidout after your wash, that way when you get ready in the morning all you would have to do is take out the braids and go. Or maybe some bantu knots. With the way my hair is I can't just scrunch and let it dry unless I want a big frizzy mess. :ohwell: