Want thicker hair.

Shariracquel

Ok guys, so my hair progress thus far is going great, its growing like crazy. But I would like my hair to be a bit thicker, do any of you have any suggestions that will help thicken my hair, without the use of rinses because I do not think they work for me at all.

goldensensation

1-Get on the henna bandwagon!
2- make sure you are getting enough protein (inside and out)
3- Condition well and often.
4- Little or no heat.
5. Minimize brushing the length.

Shariracquel

Yes Biotin that's it. And my hair is growing, but I just want it a bit thicker. Because naturally my hair is fine, its not like its breaking or anything. It's pretty healthy but I would love it better if it were thicker.

bajanplums1

I am in the same boat. My hair is not breaking, hasn;t broken for months. I am on a heat free regimen. My hair is always sealed, but it's fine. The only time my hair got thicker is when I had frequent protein treatments, but my hair also got drier.

Try boosting your protein intake.

carpediem628

Jamaican Black Castor Oil is a great thickener. You can order it online from samsclub.com.

Also, add EVOO to your relaxer (if you are a self relaxer) before applying. It prevents the hair from becoming bone straight and retains some of your natural texture.

Since I added these two things to my routine (among other things), you can clearly feel the difference between the hair that I've grown since coming onto this forum and the thin, see thru hair at the ends.

Good luck.

Psi77

You may want to try going natural - if its what you want. I have have been natural for nearly 2 years and my 4b hair gets thicker before I see the length. You may also want to try Freeda biotin ( there are a few threads on this) and protein shakes.

Iluvsmuhgrass

I totally understand. I'm gaining length but my fine hair is thin. It has been since a child..... even as a natural my hair was very fine.

infojunkie

I'm on the Castor Oil bandwagon. I have naturally thick hair but was using a concoction of castor oil, okra, carrots, and liquid pine tar on my scalp to help with growth. I normally relax every 12 - 14 weeks but around week 6 my hair was so thick I couldn't comb it and I was only using this once a week :eek: . Needless to say, I had to cut back to only when my scalp is bone dry!

jaded_faerie

infojunkie said:
I'm on the Castor Oil bandwagon. I have naturally thick hair but was using a concoction of castor oil, okra, carrots, and liquid pine tar on my scalp to help with growth. I normally relax every 12 - 14 weeks but around week 6 my hair was so thick I couldn't comb it and I was only using this once a week :eek: . Needless to say, I had to cut back to only when my scalp is bone dry!

wow okra!?!? really..i never knew it aided in hair growth or thickness

Iluvsmuhgrass

infojunkie said:
I have naturally thick hair but was using a concoction of castor oil, okra, carrots, and liquid pine tar on my scalp to help with growth.

Ok,,,,, cough up some details...:p

Tanji

Someone asked the question about henna. I too want to know. What is it a hair color? How does it work? Thanks

karolmel

Hey Carpediem628,

Could you not use a regular or baby relaxer, instead of adding EVOO. If you added EVOO, how much would you add. Would you do this in conjunction with stretching a relaxer?

carpediem628 said:
Jamaican Black Castor Oil is a great thickener. You can order it online from samsclub.com.

Also, add EVOO to your relaxer (if you are a self relaxer) before applying. It prevents the hair from becoming bone straight and retains some of your natural texture.

Since I added these two things to my routine (among other things), you can clearly feel the difference between the hair that I've grown since coming onto this forum and the thin, see thru hair at the ends.

Good luck.