Need suggestions for hair thickeners

Relentless

Reinventing
Hello Everyone,

My hair is much thicker on the right side than it is on the left side. The ride side is thick and the left side is thin and fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on products that I can use to thicken my hair up? Please!:look:

Thanks,

Blackbarbiedoll007

Ladyhenri

blackbarbiedoll007 said:
Hello Everyone,

My hair is much thicker on the right side than it is on the left side. The ride side is thick and the left side is thin and fine. Does anyone have any suggestions on products that I can use to thicken my hair up? Please!:look:

Thanks,

Blackbarbiedoll007

Are you referring to your hair strands or entire sections of your hair?

If you are referring to your hair strands then i have to mention henna.
I have had very fine strands but after a couple of henna treatments, i can hardly believe my strand thickness and strength!

However, If you are referring to the entire section of your hair, i suggest you examine your hair routine for things you do to your scantier side that you do not do to the fuller size. Ie do you wrap your hair? Do you sleep unprotected on one side of your hair? etc
HTH

ladytq

Henrietta said:
Are you referring to your hair strands or entire sections of your hair?

If you are referring to your hair strands then i have to mention henna.
I have had very fine strands but after a couple of henna treatments, i can hardly believe my strand thickness and strength!

However, If you are referring to the entire section of your hair, i suggest you examine your hair routine for things you do to your scantier side that you do not do to the fuller size. Ie do you wrap your hair? Do you sleep unprotected on one side of your hair? etc
HTH

I second the henna treatment! It does wonder for thickening each individual hair strand. Love it!

Relentless

Reinventing
I am referring to sections of my hair. I stopped wrapping it and I sleep in a satin cap. Thanks for the suggestions on the Henna.

Isis

blackbarbiedoll007 said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks,

Blackbarbiedoll007
Besides the previous suggestions, Nexxus Phyto Organics has a new shampoo called, Syntress Volumizing Lift Shampoo with Baizhi root for strength, body and shine. I haven't tried this but it sounds pretty good.

This unique formula dramatically adds volume to hair by reinforcing the cuticle fiber with strengthening Quinoa Protein and forifying botanicals. Panthenol (Vitamin B-5) and exotic Baizhi extract help to build noticeable thickness to the hair shaft without weight."

locabouthair

a lot of people drink carrot juie for thicker hair. thre area lot of threads on it.
i've heard of people having success with B5 (pathothenic acid) supplements, castor oil, and stretching your relaer helps too. i know a friend whose hair got thicker from stretching her perm. HTH

blackbarbie

I have tried cassia and found that it did a great job in strengthening my strands and they really did feel thick. After my cassia treatment, I took it a step further and started using castor oil on my scalp on a daily basis. I used it a month straight while I wore flat twistouts, braidouts, etc. When I rollerset my hair this past week, I could definitely feel the difference.

I have to say that stretching my relaxers has also proven to help with thickening up my hair too.

tsiporah

blackbarbiedoll007 said:
Hello Everyone,

Thanks,

Blackbarbiedoll007

Hmmm...mine is a little thicker on my right side also. Try to do a little massaging with castor oil. Vitamin B5 is known to thicken hair---as well as prevent facial breakouts.:D

I honestly wouldn't know anything else, but henna to thicken. :confused:

tsiporah

blackbarbiedoll007 said:
I am referring to sections of my hair. I stopped wrapping it and I sleep in a satin cap. Thanks for the suggestions on the Henna.

Aaaahhhh! That is the key. Ok, you're doing right. Wrapping can sometimes thin out one side. Just henna and massage with castor to encourage thickness. :thumbsup: