Does Protein make hair thicker??

SheenaVee

I was reading the UBH website and some1 asked how they could thicken up their hair. Cathy Howse said to the woman that the only thing that could thicken up her hair was protein treatments. She tld her to do protein treatments regularly (i dnt think she meant really hard protien) and it should thicken up her hair after time.
I actually thought that protein could do that b4 i read it frm the UBH site coz since hair's made of protein i thought that adding protein to it could build it up and therefore makes it thicker. well this is what i thought anyway. and i do mild protein treatments weekly and i have noticed my hair is a lot thicker than it was.
So im just wondering if any1 knows if protein makes hair thicker.
Thanks in advance!

I dont know

I know when my hair was overproccessed protein helped alot

And i know that if your diet is lacking protein, and then you start eating it, your hair may grow in thicker

But i thought protein just attatched itself to weak spots/hole in the hair and that in order for the hair to acutally get thicker, something had to make a layer around it like with Henna.

Anyway, bump. :grin:

Body art quality henna coats and binds each hair shaft, making the hair thicker. It builds as one continues to use henna. The henna plant is protein.

iv never used henna but i keep hearing good things about it! i wanna try it! can sum1 tell me where to get body art quality henna plz

I dont know

I know when my hair was overproccessed protein helped alot

And i know that if your diet is lacking protein, and then you start eating it, your hair may grow in thicker

But i thought protein just attatched itself to weak spots/hole in the hair and that in order for the hair to acutally get thicker, something had to make a layer around it like with Henna.

Anyway, bump. :grin:

I was thinking this also.

Back