Waist Length in 2009 Challenge

I wanna join!:yep: This will be my first challenge.... My starting pic is in my siggy. Ive been parked at bsl for a year workin on my ends and im currently stretching till the holidays (thanksgiving or christmas) im praying for waistlength by my birthday which is feb 24.

O.K. I just joined this site and I'm already in 3 challenges. What's one more? Count me in. The starting pic is in my siggy. I guess I'm about BSL now. What to you guys think? I'm kinda embarrassed to say that I'm not wearing a bra in the pic because I just threw on the shirt out of the shower so I wouldn't be naked on the internet! The very end of my hair is covered by my hand. I'm really gonna strive to hit waist length in '09. :grin:

Count me in! :grin: I'm like an inch, 1.5 inches tops away from BSL, and I'm focused :armyhat: on making waistlength by Christmas '09! :holiday::yahoo:

BBL to add my starting pic

Last edited:
I'm in there like swimwear.....ive been stuck and i need to get over this bsl hump

...heres my starting picture...

I'm in there like swimwear.....ive been stuck and i need to get over this bsl hump

Please add me (cannot remember if I already signed up)... My starting pic is below... Wishing everyone awesome growth!!

I'm in mbl for 2009, but i'm guessing it can't hurt to join this one too. The most that will happen is that I may not make it. What are you guys doing to ensure you reach waistlength?

Well I guess I will try this again since I didnt make it by the end of the summer. Good luck ladies...

I wish you luck ladies. It is very, very do-able! :yep: Can't wait to see you all at waist length in 2009. How exciting! :grin:

Thanks Chicoro! Your hair is lovely!!:yep:

Yes, please sign me up, although I'll be cutting off an inch or two to make the ends even. Looking forward to this challenge. Looks like we're going to have quite a few of us make it:grin:

Hey I'm in! I'm still hoping for MBL by the end of next month. DH will be disappointed if I don't at least try to reach WL, so I think I will try for the end of Summer 2009.

Chicoro you are so encouraging with your beautiful hair. Tee get outta here...you're already WL in 2008. :lachen:

I'm about 2 inches away from BSL. Does anyone know, on average because I know not everyone's measurements are the same, how many inches are between BSL and WL? I figure that from now to December 2009 I will have at least grown 7 inches of hair (because that's 14 months). So if BSL to waist length is around 7 inches I should definitely be able to make it by '09.

I'm about 2 inches away from BSL. Does anyone know, on average because I know not everyone's measurements are the same, how many inches are between BSL and WL? I figure that from now to December 2009 I will have at least grown 7 inches of hair (because that's 14 months). So if BSL to waist length is around 7 inches I should definitely be able to make it by '09.

You're right, it's different on everyone. I'm 5'8" and BSL to WL is about 6 inches.

Hopefully if my hair grow the recommend 6 inches then I can make waistlength by december

I'm in mbl for 2009, but i'm guessing it can't hurt to join this one too. The most that will happen is that I may not make it. What are you guys doing to ensure you reach waistlength?
I've realized that my hair retains well, but it doesn't grow well...actually not at all this past year, so in 2009 I will focus on eating healthy, exercising, taking vitamins,and scalp massages..etc.

I'm sticking with my usual regimen (wash and DC 2x/week) but I'm actually going to wear protective styles. I'm trying to get to WL by Jan.

You're right, it's different on everyone. I'm 5'8" and BSL to WL is about 6 inches.

Thank you! I'm pretty much the same height you are (I'm 5 ft 7 and, like, three-quarters--close but no cigar :grin:). I took my flexible ruler and measured the distance from my bra strap to my waist, and it's six inches as well. So I definitely want to join this challenge now because I feel that I will make it :).

Okay, so here's my starting length (see attatchments). As you can see I'm almost BSL, but not quite. I anticipate that I'll reach WL by December 2009 at the latest :).

Last edited:
How did I miss this?...I'm in too. I just did a thread 2 days ago, about my getting a full sew-in weave as a protective style, so I can get to waist length by the end of February 2009. OP please add me to the challenge. I'll be back to post my starting pics. Thanks
ETA: Here is my current length. I need a solid 4 inches to reach FULL waistlength. I'm currently wearing a full sew-in weave to reach my goal and to give my hair a break from the hot comb.
hairshots12-14-2007042.jpg

Last edited:
How did I miss this?...I'm in too. I just did a thread 2 days ago, about my getting a full sew-in weave as a protective style, so I can get to waist length by the end of February 2009. OP please add me to the challenge. I'll be back to post my starting pics. Thanks

You're so much more closer to WL than me, but I'm planning on using sew-ins to get to WL too.

Back