Waist Length in 2009 Challenge

Okay, I was in the 08 challenge but had some serious stunted growth, but now I am seeing some length in my hair again.

Nothing beats a failure but a try right?!

Okay, I am in.:yep: If I make it great, If I don't I hope to be close. Not sure what time in 09 but it will be sometime in that year. :grin:

Let the growing begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey you have until December 31st 11:59p. You can definitely do it! I've added you to the list.

Oooh I want to join so im joining the club. My starting pic FOR NOW is in my siggy until i get some batteries for my camera.
(until i take a pic this month, this is my starting pic.) Btw i cut 2 inches off due to split ends but thanks to MT, Bee Mine, H2O (the only thing i drink), exercise, eating right, Co-washing and vitamins it grew right back in one month (which to me is crazy but i was exercising like a maniac due to stress and i think i had a growth spurt because of the heat.)

Wow..you can definitely make it! Lovely hair!!

Can I join? I took down one of my twists and I'm officially bsl (bottom layer touches but I'm still claiming it). I hope it's possible. I'll have to take a starting pic when I take them all down.(probably next week)

Yes, you sure can. I've added you to the challenge!

Last edited:
I'd like to join. I will gradually be cutting atleast 3" to even out my hair some more, so it is going to take until 2009 for me to reach WL if my hair decides to grow that long. I would like August 1st to be my target date :)

I want to join! Ill make my deadline dec 31st 2009 lmao

I had a major cut where like 3-4 inches were cut so I am no longer APL anymore...but my hair grows pretty fast, so I hope to be APL by dec this year...BSL by May 08 and then that leaves me about 7 months to get to WL. I know I am pushing it, but hey im just optimistic lol :grin:

but I will post a starter pic in a couple weeks when I go to the shop.

Cool!! I'll add you to the challenge.

I think I'm going to join. I'm almost there but my hair is growing in as a 'Y' opposed to a 'V' now so I think I'm going to be doing some cutting to even it up a bit.

I'll post a starting pic soon.

I'd like to join. I will gradually be cutting atleast 3" to even out my hair some more, so it is going to take until 2009 for me to reach WL if my hair decides to grow that long. I would like August 1st to be my target date :)

I've just added you. You can definitely make it!

Your hair is fab!! You look like you'll be WL in 08.

Thank you!

I'm about 2-3 inches away now, but I have a bit of trimming to do cuz my unevenness is driving me nuts. So I'll probably end '08 at the same length it is now, except a LOT more even.

I think I'm going to join. I'm almost there but my hair is growing in as a 'Y' opposed to a 'V' now so I think I'm going to be doing some cutting to even it up a bit.

I'll post a starting pic soon.

I've added you to the challenge!

Sign me up please!!! :yep:

Starting Pic:

April '08
DSC02523.jpg

I thought about it and I would like to join. I have 6-7 inches to get to WL and if I eat healthy and take my vitamins, I should be there in exactly a year's time. August 2009 !! Starting pic in attachment...the longer it gets the longer my goal gets ...sigh

Attachments

• newgoal-vi.jpg
    newgoal-vi.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 38
i'll try to be in, I can get waistlength by dec. 09, but i prob will trim an inch by then, so I may be off by an inch or two, but we will see, I'll try to make it, I 'm bun, baggie, wash and dc every two days and do the moe gro, to get to waistlength by next year

Hello Everyone,I would like to join this challenge If its not to late .Starting pic in my siggy.

OK, I actually think I can do this, so pray for me ladies!:drunk:! Here's my current length shot....

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 24
I wish you luck ladies. It is very, very do-able! :yep: Can't wait to see you all at waist length in 2009. How exciting! :grin:

Hey Yall, greetings from hotlando! I'm a newbie and I'm looking forward to growing with you pretty brown girls (and all shades in between) :woot:

How do I get added to this waist length challenge, and what should I do to chart any progress? Please forgive any advise you gals can offer will help!

Okay i might be able to get to waist length around this time by 2014 or so, but I want to watch your progress ladies for inspiration to get to BSL and MBL soon.

I was posting other stuff and forgot to say I am in. I should be there prayerfully by my B-day. (May) If not, we have all 2009 right. ;)

I wanna join!
I haven't had waist length hair since I was 10 yrs old which was *cough cough* a few years ago. Anyway I'm almost BSL, just a few inches short. I am hoping to be waist length at the end of next year. Maybe its a long shot, but I'd love to find out and at least try!

Oops! Sorry I forgot the picture. This was taken about 2 weeks ago:

picture.php

Chicoro, I also would love Sade's ponytail! I think her hair is a weave, don't know don't care but she's my hair idol too! LOL

Back