Waist Length 2012 Challenge

prettybyrd

This is my first length challenge - seems like it will be the only one! I am NL and WL is my goal, and this time frame seems about right.

My regimen:
Co-wash 2-3 days per week
DC twice a week (moisture/light protein)
Protein Treatment (bi-weekly)

I usually wear WNG's during the week and a braid or twist style on weekends.

soldierforhair

This is my first length challenge - seems like it will be the only one! I am NL and WL is my goal, and this time frame seems about right.

My regimen:
Co-wash 2-3 days per week
DC twice a week (moisture/light protein)
Protein Treatment (bi-weekly)

I usually wear WNG's during the week and a braid or twist style on weekends.

You are added. Welcome:grin:

SingBrina

My profile pic is the current length of my hair. I have layers in the front that I hate and will update pics of those, and it will be in my album.

Regimen:

I got rid of all my unnatural shampoos and conditioners and switched to natural

I use:

Carol's Daugther Rosemary Mint
Ojon Hair Thickener
Aphogee Protein Treatment
Joico Body Luxe

I use each of the above products once a month, and switch it up according to what my hair needs, so I wash my hair once a week.

When I wash my hair, I make sure I clean it twice, then I put the conditioner throughout my hair and comb it through with a wide tooth comb. I then apply a shower cap and sit under the hood dryer for 15-20 minutes to make sure it absorbs in my hair folicle. I rinse it out until my hair has this airy feel, what I call it, then I know all the conditioner is out. I blow dry with Jilbere ionic tourmaline dryer and press my hair and then straighten with Jilbere conditioning ionic tourmaline straighter. I know some are against heat. BUT I AM NOT! I use heat every week! And sometime skip a week and its only twice. I am proof heat does not damage your hair if you do it once a week....

Of note, I just started using Ojon products the last two washes, so I cant accredit the length of my current hair to that. I credit it to Aphogee treatments every six months, and washing with Joico in between time. Also, I put weaves in for a year to help my hair stay strong.

soldierforhair

My profile pic is the current length of my hair. I have layers in the front that I hate and will update pics of those, and it will be in my album.

Regimen:

I got rid of all my unnatural shampoos and conditioners and switched to natural

I use:

Carol's Daugther Rosemary Mint
Ojon Hair Thickener
Aphogee Protein Treatment
Joico Body Luxe

I use each of the above products once a month, and switch it up according to what my hair needs, so I wash my hair once a week.

When I wash my hair, I make sure I clean it twice, then I put the conditioner throughout my hair and comb it through with a wide tooth comb. I then apply a shower cap and sit under the hood dryer for 15-20 minutes to make sure it absorbs in my hair folicle. I rinse it out until my hair has this airy feel, what I call it, then I know all the conditioner is out. I blow dry with Jilbere ionic tourmaline dryer and press my hair and then straighten with Jilbere conditioning ionic tourmaline straighter. I know some are against heat. BUT I AM NOT! I use heat every week! And sometime skip a week and its only twice. I am proof heat does not damage your hair if you do it once a week....

Of note, I just started using Ojon products the last two washes, so I cant accredit the length of my current hair to that. I credit it to Aphogee treatments every six months, and washing with Joico in between time. Also, I put weaves in for a year to help my hair stay strong.

Your hair is beautiful SingBrina. See you at waist length.....

Rossy2010

Pls count me in. Im relaxing my hair end of this week so i will post my starting pic. I have 2 inch growth so i guess that will qualify me to be SL. Its a long journey but Im ready for it :)

NikkiQ

I'd like to join!! I'm currently NL/SL at the moment so hopefully I'll be able to make it to WL by 2012. If not...at least I know I'll have amazing healthy and NATURAL hair!!!! :)

Regimen
Cowash 2x week
Shampoo and DC weekly
Dust ends when needed
moisturize,moisturize,MOISTURIZE!!!
PS every day with LF,phony pony,or bun

Attachments

• starting.jpg
    starting.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:

soldierforhair

Pls count me in. Im relaxing my hair end of this week so i will post my starting pic. I have 2 inch growth so i guess that will qualify me to be SL. Its a long journey but Im ready for it :)

I'd like to join!! I'm currently NL/SL at the moment so hopefully I'll be able to make it to WL by 2012. If not...at least I know I'll have amazing healthy and NATURAL hair!!!! :)

Regimen
Cowash 2x week
Shampoo and DC weekly
Dust ends when needed
moisturize,moisturize,MOISTURIZE!!!
PS every day with LF,phony pony,or bun

Welcome ladies.

Shoulder Length to Waist Length is definitely attainable with hard work and dedication.

We will do this...!!!!

CLovesD12

I'm kind of new to LHCF and would love to enter the 2012 Waist Length hair challenge.. I will get some pictures up by the end of this month. I'm currently wearing braids and will not be getting my relaxer until the end of this month, so i'm not sure where my hair length is at this time but I will get an update ASAP. Thanks Ladies!!!

MsSonya

I would love to join. I am also 6 months into my hair journey. I am SL now. This challenge will help me stick to my goal. I finally have a decent regimen (but still trying to improve). I stretch 6 mths at a time, so I just mainly moisturize then.
Co wash 3x wk
DC 1x wk
Protein condish 1xwk (try to do 20-30 mins with heat)
Moisturize daily

rockstar

I don't have a specific regimen and product staples yet. What I have been doing is washing every 3 or so days and using Giovanni Direct Leave-In or KBB Hair Milk and seal. If my hair begins to frizz I use a little bit of EcoStyler Olive Oil gel. I've been wet bunning like crazy and heat is off limits for me (at least until the end of summer).

Bb92

Count me in! I don't have an updated picture of my length yet, but I will in a couple of days. I just moisturize and seal my ends right now, thats about it.
I am currently SL, and my goal is full WL.

soldierforhair

I would love to join. I am also 6 months into my hair journey. I am SL now. This challenge will help me stick to my goal. I finally have a decent regimen (but still trying to improve). I stretch 6 mths at a time, so I just mainly moisturize then.
Co wash 3x wk
DC 1x wk
Protein condish 1xwk (try to do 20-30 mins with heat)
Moisturize daily

I don't have a specific regimen and product staples yet. What I have been doing is washing every 3 or so days and using Giovanni Direct Leave-In or KBB Hair Milk and seal. If my hair begins to frizz I use a little bit of EcoStyler Olive Oil gel. I've been wet bunning like crazy and heat is off limits for me (at least until the end of summer).

Count me in! I don't have an updated picture of my length yet, but I will in a couple of days. I just moisturize and seal my ends right now, thats about it.
I am currently SL, and my goal is full WL.

You all have been added. Welcome ladies....

soldierforhair

Here are some other hair growing tips:

Eliminate or cut back on smoking, caffeine and carbonated sodas which weaken the body and block maximum hair growing potential.
Eat a healthy diet. Avoid foods that are high in sugar or fat.
Treat your hair like a piece of fine old lace. Treat it carefully avoiding any unnecessary brushing, combing or handling.
Avoid use of hot water, hot blow dryers or other hair care tools that may stress the hair.
Have a weekly scalp massage to provide stimulation to the hair follicles.
Do a series of ongoing hot oil treatments to protect the hair's shaft.
Have regular trims to eliminate split ends and allow the hair to look and feel healthier.
Get plenty of rest and sleep to allow your body to grow hair.

http://www.hairboutique.com/tips/tip214.htm

As we know this is not doctrine and everyone's hair is different but I just thought I would post.

soldierforhair

Just sending some encouragement and support to you ladies!:bighug:

It is VERY doable to go from APL to WL in a year! But even if you don't make that time frame don't give up. When you get frustrated or obsessed just try doing different styles or updos with your hair or try new hair toys:yep:

And when you do reach mini milestones along the way....celebrate them!!
So i'll be on the sidelines....watching!:woohoo:

Growth Chart.jpg

Thought this might be helpful to see this growth chart even though everyone's body is shaped differently this may be a helpful tool to measure where you will be in 2 1/2 years. HHG

CrissieD

I want to join. I am also in the protective style challenge and the juice challenge. So thats basically my regi. Shampoo 1x a week. DC. CoWash every day or every other day. Spray the juice. Bun. :)

My current length is full APL stretched. Goal length is layered WL

Last edited:

MrsIQ

Here's my starting photo. It the same as one of my siggies. My hair is a little longer but not much. I'm a fine 4 something.

040.jpg

I KNOW my summer growth spurt is coming!
I eat well, work out 6 days a week and take a womens multi vitamin.
I wash/DC 1 x per week and co-wash 2 x per week.
I also try to stretch my relaxer (or texlax) 4-6 months.

Ladies, I know we'll all get to waist by 2012!

NikkiQ

Here's my starting photo. It the same as one of my siggies. My hair is a little longer but not much. I'm a fine 4 something.

View attachment 72782

I KNOW my summer growth spurt is coming!
I eat well, work out 6 days a week and take a womens multi vitamin.
I wash/DC 1 x per week and co-wash 2 x per week.
I also try to stretch my relaxer (or texlax) 4-6 months.

Ladies, I know we'll all get to waist by 2012!

You'll be there by 2011!!! :grin:

beauti4dlo

Week two of my super TLC for my hair with added love for my dear ends!!! Sooo much excitement to reach the wl goal!!!! And welcome new ladies, and much luck and care to you and your hair!!! We can get there together!!!!

wish4length

Dude...don't make me measure myself b/c i just might cry lol. Just join dangit and we can all cheer each other on. You never know what can happen in 2 years.

OKay, I'm in. And I'm counting on you NikkiQ!!:grin:

OT=I thought I was the only one that said "Dude":lachen: