W"HIP" Length 2012 Challenge!

Ms. Tiki

You better WERK! Congrats lady! Looking really good!

Sorry I been neglecting y'all. I'm on my weight loss journey! 40 lbs down & 30 more to go! LIVE STRONG!

bebezazueta Thank you ma'am! I'm with you on the weight loss. I've been running with BGR and my hair has taken a back seat. It will be nice to go run Sat with my ponytail swinging:lol:

rririla

Sooooooooo......here is my 8 month update.....I am sad to say I will NOT be making it to w"hip" length this year as my hair is growing at a snails pace:nono:.....but I figured I would show you lovely ladies the progress I made since November...I added another pic in my album but I can't figure out how to get it onto this post, sorry

get-attachment.aspx.jpg

Last edited:

regina07

Hey Ladies - I haven't posted any update pics because I've been struggling with another bout of severe shedding and breakage. Crazy shedding that I thought was menopause hormone related. At the same time, I now have short frizzy curls (3") all over my head from last october's crazy shedding and mid-strand breakage.

Add to that the 1.5-2" trim I did in early april and my hair looks stuck at 1" away from WHip/Hip.

Once I stopped the pity party, I admitted that my reggie is lacking. I did a bkt in april -- lasted 2 weeks -- but haven't DC'd since, haven't baggied at nite, and haven't been adding glyercine to my daily H2O spritz.

I broke down and bought Kerastase DC -- my hair loves it -- and added glycerine to my spritz. One week later and the breakage has slowed down alot. Shedding may be a fact of life until my hormones calm down.

My bigger issue is with all the shedding, my hair is so thin. What's the point growing it to tailbone if it's so thin? I'd cut it back to BSL except it would shrink to my collarbone.

In a pickle ... so I'm bunning and trying to get the NG to lay flat.

bebezazueta

rririla said:
Sooooooooo......here is my 8 month update.....I am sad to say I will NOT be making it to w"hip" length this year as my hair is growing at a snails pace:nono:.....but I figured I would show you lovely ladies the progress I made since November...I added another pic in my album but I can't figure out how to get it onto this post, sorry

Wait that's half of your hair down?! Your thickness is insane! You are well on your way and doing a great job rririla

bebezazueta

regina07 I'm sure you'll thicken back up nicely. Sometimes our hair goes through those stages. Don't cut back to BSL please just gradually trim as you grow to TBL & beyond! Can't wait to see your results

WaistLengthDreams

Alright ladies, I flat ironed my hair and took a length photo. I've gotten some growth since my december picture but I'm still quite far from my goal. I usually see a growth spurt at the end of the summer/fall. So I'm going to still hang out in this challenge and we'll see how close I can get by the end of the year.

image-2975585360.jpg

Happy Hair Growing!!

regina07

Great retention! You've had good progress.

Alright ladies, I flat ironed my hair and took a length photo. I've gotten some growth since my december picture but I'm still quite far from my goal. I usually see a growth spurt at the end of the summer/fall. So I'm going to still hang out in this challenge and we'll see how close I can get by the end of the year.

View attachment 158489

Happy Hair Growing!!

Lita

Hey Ladies - I haven't posted any update pics because I've been struggling with another bout of severe shedding and breakage. Crazy shedding that I thought was menopause hormone related. At the same time, I now have short frizzy curls (3") all over my head from last october's crazy shedding and mid-strand breakage.

Add to that the 1.5-2" trim I did in early april and my hair looks stuck at 1" away from WHip/Hip.

Once I stopped the pity party, I admitted that my reggie is lacking. I did a bkt in april -- lasted 2 weeks -- but haven't DC'd since, haven't baggied at nite, and haven't been adding glyercine to my daily H2O spritz.

I broke down and bought Kerastase DC -- my hair loves it -- and added glycerine to my spritz. One week later and the breakage has slowed down alot. Shedding may be a fact of life until my hormones calm down.

My bigger issue is with all the shedding, my hair is so thin. What's the point growing it to tailbone if it's so thin? I'd cut it back to BSL except it would shrink to my collarbone.

In a pickle ... so I'm bunning and trying to get the NG to lay flat.

regina07 Your hair isn't thin to me..You have lead hairs...You are going to get a nice summer growth spurt & watch everything catch up...Keep growing...

Happy Hair Growing!

Lita

View attachment 158105

rririla Your hair looks like its thicken up first,growth will come soon after....

*My aunts hair got thick first,the length took off later...

Happy Hair Growing!

rririla

@rririla Your hair looks like its thicken up first,growth will come soon after....

*My aunts hair got thick first,the length took off later...

Happy Hair Growing!
[USER][/USER]Lita Thank you I hope ur right b/c right now my hair just seems stuck at this length. Your hair is inspiring though, I love ur length!!!!

LaVgirl

Hello, everyone,
I know this update is very late but these are my length check pics from when I had my hair straightened for my graduation in June. Sorry about the black shirt - hopefully you can still see where my hair falls. I think (hope!!) I have finally reached WHIP length! :spinning: :drunk:

Attachments

• 101_4695.jpg
    101_4695.jpg
    406.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 101_4692.jpg
    101_4692.jpg
    363.6 KB · Views: 100
  • 101_4693.jpg
    101_4693.jpg
    347.3 KB · Views: 91

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I'm updating in all my challenges...

July update...fresh relaxer & trim
Don't think I will be WHIP by Dec, possibly full WL though.

PhotoGrid_1342977075877.jpg

Last edited:

bebezazueta

pre_medicalrulz said:
I'm updating in all my challenges...

July update...fresh relaxer & trim
Don't think I will be WHIP by Dec, possibly full WL though.

Beautiful! You are definitely on the GROW!

bebezazueta

SmilingElephant said:
I think i wanna be in this challenge for next year! I wanna stop between waist and hip.

Sent from my N860 using LHCF

I won't make whip this year either so I'm definitely doing this thread again for 2013 WHIPPERS! Your natural hair is growing like weeds! You Grow girl!

Cattypus1

All loced up...
bebezazueta said:
I won't make whip this year either so I'm definitely doing this thread again for 2013 WHIPPERS! Your natural hair is growing like weeds! You Grow girl!

"You grow, girl!". I'm gonna have to steal that! Love it.

SmilingElephant

bebezazueta said:

Lol! Thanx! Im just approaching BSL now....hope to be scraping MBL by the end of the year. And WL by April or May of next yr....so it'll be a little while before i get to W'hip lol

Sent from my N860 using LHCF

Blessedwithabundance14

I cut an inch off to even my ends up. I am now 2.5" from HL but my hair looks so much healthier and the ends look much better. I am currently WL and should be HL or W'HIP by the end of the year.