vitamin & supplement recommendations

lilsparkle825

hey guys!

i have been taking a hair/skin/nails multivitamin for about a month and a half now. i am too apathetic to notice if there is a difference in my growth rates (my hair grows pretty quickly anyway) but the point here that i am supposed to be getting to is i need a new bottle of pills. i was at rite aid the other day and i picked up the 120-tablet bottle (i was gonna spring for the GNC brand but i'm broke right now) and i saw that rite aid supplements are BOGOF. well at least they were the other day...i think the sale ended today.

anyhoo because of this i also picked up some flaxseed oil with my hair/skin/nails tablets. was this a good choice? if you take a multivitamin or supplement what are you taking and why?

hey guys!

i have been taking a hair/skin/nails multivitamin for about a month and a half now. i am too apathetic to notice if there is a difference in my growth rates (my hair grows pretty quickly anyway) but the point here that i am supposed to be getting to is i need a new bottle of pills. i was at rite aid the other day and i picked up the 120-tablet bottle (i was gonna spring for the GNC brand but i'm broke right now) and i saw that rite aid supplements are BOGOF. well at least they were the other day...i think the sale ended today.

anyhoo because of this i also picked up some flaxseed oil with my hair/skin/nails tablets. was this a good choice? if you take a multivitamin or supplement what are you taking and why?

I take my mutli and b complex in Capsule form for better absorption and vitamin C in crystal powder

I'm a newbie to the board but I have been taking a hair, skin, and nail multivitamin for the last couple years. At first I didn't see much difference, but was reading an article on the net and it said that you need to take at least 2 pills a day (I was only taking one). Once I did that I started having noticeable growth--hair and nails. To the point where my stylist commented on it and she started taking them. It also took about a month once I changed for it to kick in. How many per day are you taking?

I'm a newbie to the board but I have been taking a hair, skin, and nail multivitamin for the last couple years. At first I didn't see much difference, but was reading an article on the net and it said that you need to take at least 2 pills a day (I was only taking one). Once I did that I started having noticeable growth--hair and nails. To the point where my stylist commented on it and she started taking them. It also took about a month once I changed for it to kick in. How many per day are you taking?
two. i wanted to find one where the directions say only take one cause i hate taking lots of pills...i have been taking pills all my life so if it were a horse pill oh well, at least it would only be that ONE. guess i will have to stay with the two.

how was it noticeable? did you just look at your nails one day and say "i know i just cut these things" or what? i need to know the signs...lol

ETA: OH WAIT! i just looked in your sig...you are taking the exact combo i bought the other day. what is the flaxseed oil for? whats it doing for you?

I saw a difference in my nails first. Probably in about two weeks of taking them. I have NEVER had nice nails. They would break easily, always split, etc. When I'm taking the vitamins consistently they get so strong and hard it is as if I have acrylic on them. When I slack on my vits my nails are the first to show it.

Now that I'm transitioning I haven't been able to really keep up with the growth rate since I've been doing the whole grow/cut thing for the last year or so. But when I started transitiong my hair was almost APL and now it is neck length with the majority of my hair natural.

ETA...I just started the flaxseed oil July 1st...so we'll see what the combo does :)

you know, i have noticed that my nails are really hard. i whittle em down whenever i feel like it and it's harder to break them now. i need a nail clipper or it's really painful.

good luck on that transition, btw...my last relaxer was in june 07 so i'm somewhere around where you are (well except for the fact that i bc'd of course). maybe with these vitamins i will be back to APL in no time.

thank you! i'm trying to hold out on BC'ing but it is getting harder and harder! I'll definitely update what changes if any I see with the flaxseed oil. A good friend of mine takes it and says that her skin is now so moisturized that she doesn't need to wear lotion. So that may not be a bad side-effect lol. I'm waiting for my MSM powder to come in the mail and I'm also going to start taking silica as well. My plan is to optimize my growth and have better overall health...the journey continues.

I'm sure with the vits and your good regimen you will!!

http://www.falconblanco.com/health/msm/faq.html

HTH
thank you!!!
thank you! i'm trying to hold out on BC'ing but it is getting harder and harder! I'll definitely update what changes if any I see with the flaxseed oil. A good friend of mine takes it and says that her skin is now so moisturized that she doesn't need to wear lotion. So that may not be a bad side-effect lol. I'm waiting for my MSM powder to come in the mail and I'm also going to start taking silica as well. My plan is to optimize my growth and have better overall health...the journey continues.

I'm sure with the vits and your good regimen you will!!
hey good luck there! i have heard good things about silica, i think AtlantaJJ uses it as well, and i am considering it, but i don't wanna buy the whole vitamin aisle!

Back