Vitamin Challenge 2013

I've been taking my biotin and fish oil daily for about a week now. I'm 1.5 weeks post and already feel my roots getting curly. :grin: I'm going to start getting back in shape and want to take a multivitamin. What do you all recommend?

I have always taken Women's One-a-Day Multi

I'm going to buy my womens one a day again and began to take those along with either hairfinity or GNC's HSN. Being that I ran out of my hairfinity I have currently been taking my grandmas Centrum Silver lol lol lol. Hey don't judge me lol I have to maintain some type of minerals and supplements right?? They are just something to keep me focused till my other things come.

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

I'm going to buy my womens one a day again and began to take those along with either hairfinity or GNC's HSN. Being that I ran out of my hairfinity I have currently been taking my grandmas Centrum Silver lol lol lol. Hey don't judge me lol I have to maintain some type of minerals and supplements right?? They are just something to keep me focused till my other things come.

Too funny! But that's good.:drunk:

I'm going to buy the 3 month pack of viviscal and I have 2 months, so after 5 months I will determine if I should continue. I want to give it adequate time to work and to make an accurate assessment.

SincerelyBeautiful - you are funny - but you're right all that matters is you are getting your vitamins in!!!

Just thinking does the Viviscal have silica? I guess I could look it up. I need to get some additional silica.

Does anyone skip their vitamins on the weekends? I do - I am very, very good at taking them faithfully while at work -but on the weekends - I don't get them all in! I have to work on this.

I'm hearing a lot about viviscal. I'm about to go look more into it. I'm more curious than curious George right now!

[USER=349463 said:
deedoswell[/USER];17167703]SincerelyBeautiful - you are funny - but you're right all that matters is you are getting your vitamins in!!!

Just thinking does the Viviscal have silica? I guess I could look it up. I need to get some additional silica.

Does anyone skip their vitamins on the weekends? I do - I am very, very good at taking them faithfully while at work -but on the weekends - I don't get them all in! I have to work on this.

Yes it has horsetail extract.

I usually always take my vitamins

I use to take 1000mg of MSM but I now take it when I feel like I need to detox (because the growth of fine facial hair and messed up cycles are no joke)

I switch my vitamin regimen to...

Alive 50+ Multivitamin (every other day)
CVS Slow Release Iron 45mg
CVS Salmon Oil

I typically take my vitamins at night to avoid iodine/multivitamin related breakouts
but I may switch to taking the multivitamin and fish oil in the morning.

UPDATE: Still taking my vitamins, re-purchased Viviscal but I also bought Nature's Life Marine Collagen to replace it when I run out and may not be able to buy a new pack.

I so proud of myself 2day. I took ALL of my vitamins. I still need to take one more but I am going to take that at dinner time.

Plan to take MSM 5000 mg daily.

Starting pic attched.

Attachments

• 293007_10152107500705551_428587581_n.jpg
    293007_10152107500705551_428587581_n.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 45
I was traveling yesterday and totally missed my night vitamins :-(. At least I got my multi and 1 viviscal in.

Checking in.....welcome to the new joiners!!!!! Hope you all have been taking your supplements, even though we haven't started the year yet, it's time to start practicing and preparing. Good luck!! :) :)

I just took my biotin & silica. I completely forgot about them. I still have 2 more silica 2take. I think i will take another one @ 8 & if I am awake, I will take 1 at 10.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch Q using LHCF

Re: What is interesting is that my fingernails have not grown AT ALL in over 6 weeks!! They have been the exact length (at the tip of my finger) for this period. I really began to notice the beginning of October and it is a few days from November and my nails are at the same length. They are not growing and breaking off - nor am I cutting them off - they are not growing at all. They were prior to September but then all growth stopped.

After researching side effects of silica - I am more confident that it is the Bamboo Extract.

I haven't taken any supplements for a week and I am trying to flush my system by drinking more water. Next week I will resume taking my vitamins but I will not take any bamboo extract. I will monitor my nails for a while to see if they start to grow again - if they do I will add one Bamboo extract back to my vitamin regimen and monitor the affects. If nail growth stops again I will know that I can't take bamboo extract, otherwise I will know that I can only take one bamboo extract.

I don't want to be premature - BUT - all indications are that something was amiss in my vitamin regimen. My nails have shown a "teeny weeny" bit of nail growth. :grin: I not only can see the nail growth at the tip when I rub across the tip of my nails - I feel a nail!!! :yep:

I may be able to join this challenge in a week or so- if that is OK.

I think I will detox and monitor for one more week then introduce "additional supplements" (i.e. L-cystein, bamboo extract) back into my vitamin regimen. My HSN, Prenatal, Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Biotin are my base regimen (has been for many months)

LADIES!!!!!!!! IDK if this has been mentioned or not, but Puritan's Pride is having their buy 1 get 1 free or buy 2 get 3 free sale on their supplements. They are also offering free shipping to the lower 48 states in the US! I just got myself some MSM yesterday.

STOCK UP!!!

I'm in...

MR-Liquid

HO-2xs a day tab...

M.S.M-Powder

Mag-Caps 1x

Green/Fruit-Powder (breakfast/dinner)

Multi

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:
I'm in I just thanked the post, I will officially begin taking my supplements on Jan1. 2013 when I find a job so I can purchase hairfinity again , but until then I'm taking multi vit women's one a day ,but I haven't taken it in 2 months :( sorry

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20121103_110011.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121103_110011.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 22
  • ForumRunner_20121103_110029.jpg
    ForumRunner_20121103_110029.jpg
    5.1 KB · Views: 23
UPDATE: My mother seems to think that my hair is growing in fast since my last relaxer. Guess the extra vitamins are doing their thing.

I want in.....
-10mg Biotin daily
-Multi-Vit
-Vit D
-Iron
.....latter 2 may change, but I do need my iron my levels are to low.

Adding Chia seeds= high iron, calcium. omega's, magnesium, and antioxidants. Also help to control appetite and balance blood sugar. Lower cholestrol and blood pressure, control sugar craving and aids weight loss. Improves health of skin, nails, and hair. (2 tbsp daily)

Changing my regular Iron Tab to Ferrous Sulfate 3x daily
Vit C instead of D.....I was tripping when I typed the original up.

I'm in...

MR-Liquid

HO-2xs a day tab...

M.S.M-Powder

Mag-Caps 1x

Green/Fruit-Powder (breakfast/dinner)

Multi

Happy Hair Growing!
Lita what is this powder you speak of?

ZebraPrintLover Hi..The green/fruit drink you buy vitamin store-Acai berry splash & Amazing Grass Green super food..I take the berry powder in the day/Green powder at dinner..Sometimes I combine them in a huge cup..

Happy Hair Growing!

I'm in :))

I'm taking:

-Mineral Rich liquid supplement (morning) - 1/2 dose - 500mcg silica and 100 mcg biotin
-EPO (night) - ~3000mg
-MSM (night) - 500mg
-Bamboo silica (night) - 300mg; 210mg silica

The MSM and Bamboo silica I just ordered today and plan to take with the EPO. The Mineral rich has silica and biotin, but I'm only taking half a dose, so the bamboo silica is to supplement that and I'm trying out MSM and hoping it doesn't break me out. I'm just doing 500mg.

I'm definitely in and this will be my first challenge!!!

I am currently on and will be taking 5000mcg of Biotin by Spring Valley and 1 of a store brand of Women's One-a-day on a daily basis. My attached starting pic is from 2 weeks ago. I just started taking my vitamins faithfully starting Sept 7 when i decided to start my journey. It was really broken in the back but has grown a lot since.

Attachments

• back down 10-20-12 3.JPG
    back down 10-20-12 3.JPG
    28.3 KB · Views: 17
Back