Using Twists to Achieve Length

Justice4alw

Greetings, ladies! I'm new to this board and I'm just loving it! Great info and tips!!!

Since I didn't get much response on my Crown & Glory WITHOUT Extensions thread, /images/graemlins/look.gif I decided to post the question in a different way.

Are any of you using twists on a consistent basis to achieve length? If so, what kinds of results are you getting? In addition, what type of regimen do you have?

Thanks in advance!!!

Hi Justice4alw /images/graemlins/wave.gif

Welcome to the forum! I never used twists on a consistent basics to gain length because they never lasted that long. I do believe that if I had added extentions they would have.

Hey Justice4alw,

Welcome to the boards and I'm glad you joined /images/graemlins/clap.gif I never used twists or braids to grow my hair. However, what I have found to be very beneficial is supplementation (specifically a multi, biotin, silica, msm, efa's, and protein), and high-quality hair products to retain everything I've gained. I love using cuticle-sealing products such as henna. It strengthens the hair strand, thus preventing breakage. Currently there are two fantastic threads running on henna and I know some of the other ladies have found success with the Fantasia-Line as well /images/graemlins/smile.gif This product also helps to seal the cuticle as well. I use heat weekly and more often than not, wear my hair out, and amazingly, I am still able to retain my length. I definately attribute my success to henna which has for the most part acted as a conditioning barrier to the heat and elements which would have other-wise wrecked havoc on my hair.

hth,(hope this helps)
Amethyst

Welcome to the board /images/graemlins/wink.gif,

I've just started using twists with extensions (human). I'm doing a semi-Crown & Glory Method. After a month of new growth, I had twists put in (Dec. '02) and would wear for 2 months. I washed/deep conditioned once a week. If I exercised, I did condition only or ACV rinse every other day. I sprayed my twists every nite with a mixture of dist. water, glycerin, INFUSIUM, and ess. oil.

When I removed the twists, my hair was moist and looked healthy. I got my retouch last week and my family and friends think my hair really grew. I did not measure before hand, but I feel that I grew 3". I plan on having the twists put in again in March.

I hope this helps alittle.

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
HOTCHOCOLATE said:
I washed/deep conditioned once a week. If I exercised, I did condition only or ACV rinse every other day.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm very curious about this....what exactly did you do..specifically? Also, don't neglect the details of your ACV rinse please! Thanks so much!

Leshia, /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Every Monday I would wash with either, Infusium 23 Shampoo or Ion Moisturizing Shamp. I paid most attention to shampooing the scalp and squeeze some lather on each twist using a SEA SPONGE. Then I would condition with Mizani Moisturfuse on the twists only. Sometimes I'll do a hot oil treatment also (shea oil or olive oil).

If I exercised, I'll condition wash with Suaves Tropical Conditioner (scalp only) or rinse with EBene Conditioning Herbal Vinegar every other day.

The only thing I'll do differently next time is use Earthly Delights Herbal Shampoo as my main shampoo. I'm considering making a herbal shampoo of Shikakai, Amla and Reetha. Also, I've order-ed Carol's Daughter HHB and Mimosa Hair Honey.

Back