Using Adore Rinse...How!

NYCITY

Hi ladies,

I need some advice. I am 7 weeks post relaxer and I plan on putting in a Rinse tomorrow (Adore Cajun Spice) and i need some advice. I know the rinse will seal my cuticle and so i wanted some ideas on how to wash and condition my hair before the rinse is applied. I wanted to wash my hair at home and and give myself a good treatment for a few hrs then go to the salon and get the rinse applied.

I was going to Shampoo with Breakthru but I am not sure is i should condition with GPB for ten minutes then deep condition with Humecto for a few hrs or just forget the GPB and use only the Keracare Humecto. Also i am not sure if i should use a moisturizing leave in or a protein one.
I have the following leave ins:
Redken Anti-Snap
Infusium
Fantasia Ic
Elasta Recovery and Giovanni Direct Leave in
I would love any recommendations. Tracy, i hope u see this since ur the color guru.

How good is the Arosci leave in and is it a good idea for me to buy a bottle and try that?
Sorry it's so long....

Tracy

Do you normally condition for hours NYC? Do whatever
you normally do would be my advice - just make sure it's your "normal" DEEP conditioning routine...

Use a moisturizing leave in....rinses have a nice amount of protein all on their own - Adore in particular....I'd focus on a mois. conditioner for the same reason - whichever conditioners perform that way on you are fine....

I'd go with the Elasta as a leave in and the Humecto before a rinse personally.

Also - when are you doing your touch up? If it's soon, I'd wait. teh relaxer will pull some of the color from your hair if you do it before.

JenJen2721

The last time I did my Adore rinse, I shampooed w/Breakthru and conditioned w/LUST, just to detangle. After rinsing and towel drying, I applied the Adore..covered w/plastic cap..sat under dryer for 30 minutes and let it cool for 10 additional minutes...rinsed...conditioned w/LUST again...rinsed and applied Nexxus Headdress Leave-In which I think is more of a moisturizing leave-in. Since the Adore contains Hydrolyzed Collagen which is protein. I really don't think you need too much more protein. I think your other steps should focus on moisture.

Just my very humble opinion.

--Jen

JenJen2721

Ooops...Tracy and I posted at the same time. What she said!

Tracy, you recommend always deep conditioning after shampooing/before applying the rinse?

moneychaser

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
Do you normally condition for hours NYC? Do whatever
you normally do would be my advice - just make sure it's your "normal" DEEP conditioning routine...

Use a moisturizing leave in....rinses have a nice amount of protein all on their own - Adore in particular....I'd focus on a mois. conditioner for the same reason - whichever conditioners perform that way on you are fine....

I'd go with the Elasta as a leave in and the Humecto before a rinse personally.

Also - when are you doing your touch up? If it's soon, I'd wait. teh relaxer will pull some of the color from your hair if you do it before.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've been told that rinses take the best right after a fresh touch-up

NYCITY

Thanks alot ladies.
Tracy, I was going to deep condition for maybe 45 minutes to get as much moisture in hair so when I apply the rinse, the rinse will seal in moisture. And I will take ur advice and go with Just the Humecto as a deep cond. and Elasta Recovery as my leave in

JenJen: I see we both love Breakthru, do u have pictures of ur Adore rinse application? I would love to see it. Doe it make ur hair feel stronger?

Denali03: I am 7 weeks right now but i don't plan on getting a relaxer for another 5 weeks or so. But i figured my hair could stay strong this way (adding a rinse). After doing it today, i won't put in another rinse until April when i get my next relaxer.

Thanks ladies