How do you apply a rinse?

Shawnee66

I bought colorshines cellophane and Adore rinse. I want to try the Adore but it really doesn't give directions on how to use it. I know I should shampoo my hair before I apply it but should I condition it before or after the application? Also what are some suggested conditioners. Also does this go for a permanent color, should I condition my hair before or after the application.

lovelymissyoli

The directions for Adore are as followed:

1. Shampoo hair and towel dry.
2. Use protective cream around hairline.
3. Apply hair color 1/8” from scalp and comb through thoroughly.
4. Cover with plastic cap and let color process with heat for up to 20 minutes.
5. Rinse and shampoo completely.

I used Adore in “Mahogany” last week and I followed these exact instructions except I didn’t use any protective cream around my hairline. HTH.

Edited to add: Make sure you use gloves and try not to spill any of this on your sink, it stains horribly!!

Shawnee66

thanks for the instructions. The store I bought it from had the price label covering the back along with one of those security stickers when I tried to peel it off the instuctions came off. Did you use a conditioner after you rinsed it out?

locabouthair

this is how i applied my black rinse:

after I shampooed i put some grease or vaseline around my hairline because I thought it would stain it. then I applied the rinse. I did it in sections. Then I put on a plastic cap and sat under the dryer for about 20 mins. then rinsed it out and deep conditioned. I think some people mix it with their conditioner, I never tried that though.

Oh and make sure you use gloves if you are using a color rinse. HTH