Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
Been trying out the HG's from back in the day and these are the results so far:
Oyin's Honey Hemp :yep:
Oyin's Juices & Berries :yep:
Silk Dreams Wheat Germ Conditioner :nono:

Still to try:
Hairveda's Moist 24/7 (have this right now)
Hairveda's Moist Pro (have this right now)
Hairveda's Sitrinillah
Darcy's Botanical's Pumpkin Seed Conditioner
Not sure that I will head back down the Curl Junkie path yet
What happened with the SD WGBC? I thought the scent was the only thing that changed. I need to know, before I re-up.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
What happened with the SD WGBC? I thought the scent was the only thing that changed. I need to know, before I re-up.
@MileHighDiva
As you may know I'm a low maintenance girl and I don't like to do too much. Using this as a cowasher my hair isn't as defined as I like it. I'm literally a wash & go girl. I cowash, followup with a liquid leave in, and end with a moisturizer. That's it. Oh yes, if I remember I will put a little bit of edge control paste on my edges. It may also be that I know my hair better and I know what it is capable of this far in my journey. This conditioner is a no go for me. It may be different for you.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
To add to my detangling routine information:
  • I detangle immediately after rinsing out my deep conditioner in the shower
  • I divide my hair into 4 sections. I used to do 6 sections but now 4 works
@Shay72
Thank you so much Sis.:kiss:

You have be a Life-Saver. Or should I say: "A Nap-Saver":lol:

OT: I've been using HV Whipped Creme (formally Whipped Ends Hydration) and have fallen in :love2: with it all over again.

And also Whipped Clouds.:lick:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
The Curl Origin Argan & Castor edge control paste works on wet and dry hair. You don't need much. It looks and feels like grease but it's not greasy. I hope that makes sense. Its a keeper. I will say it doesn't take much to lay down my edges anyway. I can just do it with a scarf but I'm paranoid about my edges so the fact that this has MSM etc in makes me feel better.

Shay72

Natural, 4A
@IDareT'sHair
You are welcome :yep:! Oh I know I have an Hairveda haul in me. You know they're OG to me. Carol's Daughter too. I loved the black vanilla spray leave in and the deep conditioner.

I'm really :love: Jakeala right now, alot. Her Honey Sweet Thang and Flax Mallow deep conditioners the most. I think the hops conditioner is more of cowash than a deep conditioner for my hair which is fine.

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
@MileHighDiva
As you may know I'm a low maintenance girl and I don't like to do too much. Using this as a cowasher my hair isn't as defined as I like it. I'm literally a wash & go girl. I cowash, followup with a liquid leave in, and end with a moisturizer. That's it. Oh yes, if I remember I will put a little bit of edge control paste on my edges. It may also be that I know my hair better and I know what it is capable of this far in my journey. This conditioner is a no go for me. It may be different for you.
Okay, I'll still re-up. I use it as a LI, if something is off, I'll report back.

Thx 4 your review as a co-washer!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@Shay72
After using Moist 24/7 these past few weeks, I have an HV "Haulation" in me too.:lol:

I know I'll get some: Acai Phyto Berry a couple bottles of Red Roobis & Argan and a couple CoCasta's for Summa'.:sunshine:

I have quite a bit of 24/7, MoistPRO and Amla Cleansing.

ETA: Lurves that Sweet Honey Hair Thang, Silky Oil, Coconut & Shea Lotion, Green Tea Oil.:2inlove:

Aggie

Tonight I hope to use the left over henna treatment I have in the fridge. I added just small amount of dry henna to it to make sure it's enough for all my roots.

I have it warming up in a hot cabby for about 90 minutes and will be sleeping with it on my hair overnight. I want to cut some of my hair treatment day tomorrow in half so I can get out earlier to do my Saturday runs.

Aggie

This morning I washed out my henna treatment and decided not to indigo it today. I ended up using up my Bekura Vanilla Whiskey Deep Conditioner to cowash out my henna because it did a better job than my Redken Color Extend. I don't have any cheapy conditioners in my stash at the moment so I had to use what I do have.

I have the last of the Vanilla Whiskey DC on my hair right now mixed in with some APB UCS as my deep conditioner. I don't have a whole of time for washing my hair today and that is why I combined them to make the perfect moisture/protein DC.

I'll DC with this for about 30 minutes with some heat, leave-in and head out the door in a couple of hours hopefully.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Okay Ya'll So...:look:

I made a little "soak" which is: AVJ, AVG, EV OO and poured it on top of my Tea Rinse. I'll leave it on a hour.

I know I shouldn't but I am already thinking about "how fast" I can recover from my recent S/B. :badidea:

I have to stop thinking about it, before I do (or use) something that might make it worse.

I'm in recovery mode and thinking hard about my regi's.

Saludable84

Better Late Than Ugly
Okay Ya'll So...:look:

I made a little "soak" which is: AVJ, AVG, EV OO and poured it on top of my Tea Rinse. I'll leave it on a hour.

I know I shouldn't but I am already thinking about "how fast" I can recover from my recent S/B. :badidea:

I have to stop thinking about it, before I do (or use) something that might make it worse.

I'm in recovery mode and thinking hard about my regi's.

I don't see anything wrong with this. Fast, to me, includes how long it took for you to figure out the problem and find an effective solution.

Back in 2010 when I had no crown because the entire area came out in a wash section by the clunks, I didn't know what was wrong. Left it alone, with thoughts that I was "touching it too much" and it got worse. It took me a month to pick up some protein, but by then the damage was done. I'm just getting my crown back, but that's a different story.

My point is, what took me a month, took you one wash day. It took my crown 7 years to full recover because I was slow to act. Your recovery will be much quicker. Fast isn't about it just growing back but being completely effective with your solution.

You definitely got this.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Pulled AE Garlic this wash day. Ran back to the tried & true.:drunk:

I still haven't steamed. :cry3:

And ya'll know I love me steaming, but I'm scurrrd to try it. :nervous2:

And I don't even know what that's about or where that's coming from?

Needless to say, I feel violated and traumatized behind what I just experienced.:lol:

I may cut back on Steaming to maybe 2 a month which will be sheer torture.

I've been DC'ing under my dryer #BOO:nono: