Use 1 Buy 1 Challenge pt.5

faithVA

Jessicurl is having a sale and I want to try this line since I have heard so many good things about it. I need to stop being cheap and try it.

I also want to buy some more Naturelle Grow. My hair is loving the Herbal Blend. I think I will try the Jessicurl first then I can determine what I want to buy on black friday.

I think natural conditioners will be my thing.

faithVA

Jessicurl's shipping is too high. I put the conditioners in my basket and entered my zip code. It said shipping was $7.##. Then I went to Paypal and came back they said shipping was $11.## :nono: So a $50 order turned into a $70 order. I won't be trying it anytime soon. Even with 20% off that was too much.

Ltown

Greyland
Hi ladies!
Did you all see the thread where afroveda asking for donation to help her business? WOW, OMG where in this world you ask for help to keep your business? Is there investor profit, stock, etc??? Bye Felcia:lol:

curlyhersheygirl

Hi ladies!
Did you all see the thread where afroveda asking for donation to help her business? WOW, OMG where in this world you ask for help to keep your business? Is there investor profit, stock, etc??? Bye Felcia:lol:

Ltown I saw it and was appalled. I think it's very tacky to ask your customers for a donation. She needs to see a financial advisor and regroup.

Sent from my XT1080 using LHCF

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
@curlyhersheygirl @Ltown

Yeah, I saw that about AV. :sad:

Her ship times left a lot to be desired although I do LOVE:

Ashlii Amala
Shikakai Oil
Moringa & Ginseng Detangler

And I consider these my Staples from her.

But...no...I won't be donating.:rolleyes:

faithVA

I saw the request. I've never used Afroveda and guess I never will. I like to help out but her story and her request didn't make sense to me. When you ask for an investment you usually offer something. I only read a little bit and then moved on.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I hate that if AV ends up closing, I lose those very important staples from her. :sad:

Half the time when I ordered, I would forget I had even ordered anything.:nono:

But all in all, I guess I really don't/can't say anything bad about AV.

Oh wait....Her prices are too steep.:lol:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Beamodel, regarding your shedding...the pic on the left doesn't look all that bad. If I collected all hairs pre & post wash, I'm thinking I'm somewhere around that size.

curlyhersheygirl

I used up the following:

8oz APB Iced carrot cake conditioner ( no backups, may not repurchase)
8oz APB Loads of coconut LI ( no backup of this particular one, definite repurchase)
4oz APB Apple & mango strengthening mask ( 1 backup)

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Used up ST Knot Sauce (no back ups. Will repurchase at some point)
Used up APB Marshmallow Leave in spray (1 50% full back up in watermelon scent).

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
I'm thinking of a tentative wash day for Sunday...think I will cowash with some AO Rose Mosquets tonight real quick though.

Sunday I might use my AO Swimmer's in my scalp and Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus shampoo on my length.

I'll probably DC with the last of the SDOT Beauty (found itself back in my stash. :rolleyes: )

I think I'll use the Shea Moisture CES that's chillin less than half full in the bathroom. Maybe seal with the Keravada Fenugreek.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
Got my Labor Day List Ready:

APB: 1 Moisturizing Condish, 1 Ayur oil, 1 pomade, 1 Souffle, 2 hair creams (ayur and regular), 1 spray, 1 cowash

SD: 1 RCA, 1 VS, 1 MSI

Komaza: Protein Strengthener

SSI: 2 Riche, 1 Cutie Pie Leave In

That's it. Don't need no buttas or oils. :look:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Shay72

I know. I will miss both product lines. :sad:

I have ride & die 'staples' from both of them, which is very unfortunate (for me).:rolleyes:

I think HH is still selling 'stuff' and folks are getting it within a reasonable amount of time.

I got too scurrrd to mess with Mala after she moved to L.A. :look:

I always got my stuff but it always took a Million Years.:nono:

Angelbean

Used up a bottle of castor oil and a bottle of vo5 kiwi condish...I want to buy the new shea moisture acv/castor oil DC I saw it at my local cvs and plan to get it this weekend...I tried to place an order with hh and her site is down:/

BranwenRosewood

What's going on with HH?

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

@Froreal3

Both appear to be asking for Crowdfunding dollars

Froreal3 IDareT'sHair

The HH gofundme was exposed during the Black Friday Drama so it's not really anything new. It's been up for over a year and I never saw her advertise it so she's probably forgot about it by now. It's only made $8.

Used up a bottle of castor oil and a bottle of vo5 kiwi condish...I want to buy the new shea moisture acv/castor oil DC I saw it at my local cvs and plan to get it this weekend...I tried to place an order with hh and her site is down:/

Angelbean

Someone asked about that on instagram and she said she took the site down because she need a break. It's been over a week and she didn't say anything about going on hiatus when the site first went down so I don't know how true that is.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
IDareT'sHair HH's gofundme has been there for a minute. Looks like she's still going. She was just at an event in ATL.

I've never purchased from Afroveda. Had no interest after the base drama, non shipping, and not so good responses to customers.

Froreal3

haulin hard in the paint
^^Yeah, I did notice her website is not there as of right now. I didn't see anything on her FB indicating any trouble. I don't follow her anymore so...IDK. I'm out the loop.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I still have several of both Lines in my Stash (Hairitage & Afroveda).

I will truly be sad when I run out of both.:sad:

Pampered & Twisted currently carries Afroveda.

So hopefully I can get my Shikakai Oil from Pampered & Twisted (before Mala stops producing it).

Beamodel

@Shay72 Not Sure Shay? I know @Beamodel and @Brownie518 have purchased from her recently. I haven't bought any HH in a while.:ohwell:

Yes I purchased from her (HH) about a month ago and then all of a sudden her site went down.

I'm not sure why though. I didn't ask her and nothing was posted on FB about it. She post everyday I. Instagram but again, nothing was said about her site being down.

It looks like she has been working out of a shop in Atlanta and selling her products there too.

So, I'm not too sure what's going on with her.