Use 1 buy 1 Challenge 2010 pt.1

Americka

^Why you do dis?

Looking for fellow addicts! I darn near passed on the stuff because it was in Big Lots and it was only $1! I've been stalking them for more ever since. :grin: Do you live near a Big Lots? :look: It doesn't help when you have friends like *coughT* to feed your addiction. :lachen:

Shay72

Natural, 4A
I finished a bottle of amla. I have plenty of back ups. I restocked this recently and she had a sale too so that helped. I should finish my Claudie's Edges & Temple balm this week. I think.. I've been taking stuff from the side, the top, bottom. I don't want anything left in that jar. Just got my restock from her this week so I'm good on that too.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I've been taking stuff from the side, the top, bottom. I don't want anything left in that jar.

I am also cutting tubes, rinsing bottles, scraping jars.

Waste Not/Want Not.:nono:

So, I'm not leaving anything behind. I am using it all.:look:

Last night during my wash-day, I also finished up a tube of Alfaparf Rigen Cream (for fragile hair). This is also a staple for me, so I have 1 or 2 back ups.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Glad to see Us Back in this Thread, Still Trying to use up things in our stashes.:look:

It's a Great Feeling to know that even though our Spending sometimes gets way, way outta control, we really do want to use stuff up.:lachen:

IK for me, prayerfully, this will be my Year for Health, Length and a smaller and better Hair Arsenal.:rolleyes:

chebaby

hi ladies
im so uncomfortable, i cant sleep. i have some things to do today and then ill be able to come home and do my hair.
i want to color my hair but im not sure yet.

im so gld this thread got us all back together.

Ltown

Greyland
Hi everyone
I have my hair in a braidout I did last night wi qhemet heavy cream and ghee with 8 braids. I'm really getting good at it. But I realized my hair comes out way different depending on if I used a cream or butter. Isn't that weird?
My hair looks better with creams because butters hold my hair in place and I'm not too fond of that.
I haven't used up anything yet but I plan on usuing up my Giovanni protein tomorrow.

Chebaby, this is my problem deciding what will work for a good braidout/twistout. So far nothing, it maybe I just don't like the look:wallbash:

chebaby

What's Wrong???:look:
idk. ive been tosing and turning for three hours. noon is early for me lol so idk why im up. eyes are so dark underneath:blush: im not used to this.

yall know, maybe im late but when i go to cvs i see black faces on the boxes of color. but at target no black faces. am i trippin? and i normally dont care or pay attention but since i was looking for color i was like "where we at":lachen:

chebaby

Chebaby, this is my problem deciding what will work for a good braidout/twistout. So far nothing, it maybe I just don't like the look:wallbash:
it took me a while. when you wath youtube or see threads everyone say to only fluff the roots so you can keep definition. well when i did that i hated the look of it. now when i take out my braids i run my fingers through the whole section to sepertae. my hair ends up fuller and bigger and i like that. if you just want definition i woud use a butter or something with hold. but if you want fullness and just some definition a cream is better imo.

sharifeh

haha I'm on a no buy for lent(no I'm not Catholic), I'm allowed to replace things though,
I'm already having a hard time but I like it, I'm actually using stuff and concentrating on what I have instead of buying something new everyday :lol:

La Colocha

Well what's been going on with me, i have used up all my smaller bottles of elucence, im now on the liters. I have used up all my butters except for a little bit of olive butter. I have 1 bottle of tw mist left and plenty of jbco left. Im no longer buying from handmade vendors. I just ordered more butter from tns and im going back to jojoba butter as a moisturizer alternating with olive butter. The only thing that i need in april is more tw mist. After that im pretty set until next year. I will be lurking in here im not ready to fully get back into it because i don't want to go back to buying alot of products anymore. Im on the right track now and i would like to keep it that way:yep:.

Day36

Good job La. I am trying to get where you are. I'm almost there. I need to get more tw mist now, but the bss I normally get it from has been real shady on the product lately. They never have anymore. Im so happy to see so many of the other ladies back. We can do it ladies. Also, Che...Eisani has me dying to color my hair too. What color are you thinking on? lol. Be good and safe ladies!

Optimus_Prime

I have a list of Dominican conditioners that I want to try in the coming months. I ride past 125th street AKA Beauty Supply lane at least 4 days a week, so I can just pick them up any time.
That's all I'm planning to buy though. :look:
And a new black rinse.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I will be lurking in here im not ready to fully get back into it because i don't want to go back to buying alot of products anymore. Im on the right track now and i would like to keep it that way:yep:.

We WILL NOT Be Buying up a Bunch of Stuff in this Thread.:naughty:

We will be using up a bunch of stuff.:up:

If the discussion turns into buying alot of stuff, I suggest it would be placed in the PJ Support Thread. (as it should be).:whip:

This is a Use Up Thread. Not a Buy Up Thread.:rolleyes:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
Hey ladies!

I thought you all had run off.

Hey Ms. Vee:

We're all here.:grin: I had slowed down in the PJ Thread, because I am honestly trying to reduce my stash and most of that discussion was counter-productive, for me and my "goals", so I was mostly 'lurking' and not posting as much.:ohwell:

I notice that some of the other women said they stopped buying Hair products and started buying massive amounts of Nail Polish etc.....and that was another reason I slowed down. I didn't want to exchange one 'habit for another':nono:

I am serious about using up my stash and I will continue to post here as long as that is the "Tenor" of this Thread, should it 'change', I will go back into lurk-mode.:look:

The PJ Support Thread Still Gives Folx the "Flexibility" to Discuss All of their Purchases..................

Charz

Sinister Minister
I just left the Oyin Bottling Party. Got to meet ltown so that was awesome! Re-upped on some Burnt Sugar Pomade (only thing I got hair related)

I got 4 Funk Butters! My mother is goin through hers like it's nothing!

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I just left the Oyin Bottling Party. Got to meet ltown so that was awesome! Re-upped on some Burnt Sugar Pomade (only thing I got hair related)

I got 4 Funk Butters! My mother is goin through hers like it's nothing!

Charzie! You Hair Looks Soooooo Perdy in your Siggy!:grin:

Very Nice & Very Healthy.

robot.

I don't think I've bought anything recently. :yep: I know I can knock off a few cowashes in the next few weeks, but I'm thinking of buying the knot today and KKCC.

chebaby

so i just got finished my hair. i shampoo with kbb, did a 10 minute giovanni reconstructor and then left in kbb ll hair mask for 2 hours. then i use kbb hair milk as a leave in and proceeded to twists my hair in chunky twists using ORS new hair pudding.

i love that stuff, its like a mix between miss jessies and jane carter twist and lock. and it like $6. its amazing. and the ingredients arent too bad, it has coconut milk and oil, olive oil, aloe juice and like 3other oils. and it has a light hold like i like.

the next thing i will use up is kbb ll hair mask.

chebaby

Hey Ms. Vee:

We're all here.:grin: I had slowed down in the PJ Thread, because I am honestly trying to reduce my stash and most of that discussion was counter-productive, for me and my "goals", so I was mostly 'lurking' and not posting as much.:ohwell:

I notice that some of the other women said they stopped buying Hair products and started buying massive amounts of Nail Polish etc.....and that was another reason I slowed down. I didn't want to exchange one 'habit for another':nono:

I am serious about using up my stash and I will continue to post here as long as that is the "Tenor" of this Thread, should it 'change', I will go back into lurk-mode.:look:

The PJ Support Thread Still Gives Folx the "Flexibility" to Discuss All of their Purchases..................
ITA with this whole post. this thread makes me want to use stuff up. the pj thread had me not caring. i bought stuff because i wanted it and because the pj thread wasnt areal challenge so i was like whatever. but in this thread i really do want to focus on using stuff up. i have everything i need right now. but honestly my stash is small compared to what it was.

Ltown

Greyland
Wow IDareT'Hair you are not playing! I truly understand and agree, I was weak and fell in the use up your stash and got caught up buying more. I don't have gallons of things most of my items are sample. I am one of those in the nail polish but won't get carried away with it. I did get a wonderful deal at the Oyin bottling with Charzboss thanks girl! I don't need shampoo, leave in but only need to get me some kccc to work the curls. I still trying to learn how to do my hair now that I'm natural so it trial/error with products. So basically you saying no more introducing new product/sales???

Charz

Sinister Minister
Wow IDareT'Hair you are not playing! I truly understand and agree, I was weak and fell in the use up your stash and got caught up buying more. I don't have gallons of things most of my items are sample. I am one of those in the nail polish but won't get carried away with it. I did get a wonderful deal at the Oyin bottling with Charzboss thanks girl! I don't need shampoo, leave in but only need to get me some kccc to work the curls. I still trying to learn how to do my hair now that I'm natural so it trial/error with products. So basically you saying no more introducing new product/sales???

Oh you can do that in this thread. Every discount helps. :look:

It's just, the main point of this thread is to create a hair product deficit. Use up more than you buy.

So technically for those products that you got at the bottling party (the ones you paid for :look:) you should have already used up that quantity of products before acquiring the new Oyin ones.

Last edited:

iNicola

It's just, the main point of this thread is to create a hair product deficit. Use up more than you buy.

I can do that for every product except NTM Silk Touch. I had a dream couple nights ago that it was being discontinued (I guess it was a nightmare then). I freaked, thought about ordering a case of it. It's the only creamy leave in I have/use. :look: