Urgent HELP needed! Dry-poo?

Hey all,

My name is Ivy.

I recently flat ironed my hair but it's beginning to get too greasy to look nice in a straight down style. I heard of something called dry-poo, I'm not sure if it's specifically for caucasian hair or if black people can use it too.

My question is... does it help get rid of newly onset greasiness and is it okay to use on natural, flat ironed hair?

Background: I flat ironed on Friday. It has already gotten kinda greasy. I don't have time to completely wash and re-flat iron before an event I have to go to at 8pm after work tomorrow (where there will be lots of pictures!)

Any dry-poo advice? Please help!

frizzy

Girl, today is not the day to have the words "dry poo" in your thread title, posters might think you're constipated. :lol: j/k

I have zero experience with dry shampoos and the only advice I have is to wrap you hair in a silk or satin scarf so it can absorb some of the excess product from your hair. HTH!

Iluvsmuhgrass

I've heard of a sprinkling of baby powder on a hair brush to absorb oil. I haven't used the dry shampoo even though I have some.

rririla

ivy_isabella said:
Hey all,

My name is Ivy.

I recently flat ironed my hair but it's beginning to get too greasy to look nice in a straight down style. I heard of something called dry-poo, I'm not sure if it's specifically for caucasian hair or if black people can use it too.

My question is... does it help get rid of newly onset greasiness and is it okay to use on natural, flat ironed hair?

Background: I flat ironed on Friday. It has already gotten kinda greasy. I don't have time to completely wash and re-flat iron before an event I have to go to at 8pm after work tomorrow (where there will be lots of pictures!)

Any dry-poo advice? Please help!

Dove dry shampoo is the best! White bottle, pink writing! Not only does it absorb oil but it refreshes the hair (scent wise)

Blairx0

Never dealt with dry shampoo, but I have slept in a cotton scarf to absorb some of the oil.

Fhrizzball

Corn starch also works but make sure not to use too much or your hair can get too dusty or dull.

I only used spray or foam dry shampoos so I can't help you there. You can also camoflague the oilness with curl sets on straightened hair.

jprayze

Suave also makes a dry shampoo. I found it at Walmart for 2.97. My hair didn't feel like a fresh flat iron, but it helped!