Update: Slow growing, but my progress is coming along (pics)

FAMUDva

I'm 100% natural, transitioned for about 16 months before having a couple of mini chops that lead to natural. Last relaxer was December 12, 2007.

I think I'm watching the pot boil :( I'm thinking my APL goal for May 2010 may be unrealistic...

On a happier note, I've ordered my steamer! I can't wait!

Here are my update pics (others in my fotki)
ETA: I forgot to add that my hair was at the line marked 7, which is APL for me, when I decided to transition. My ultimate goal is the line marked 10 while straightened.

Last edited:

PDub

Your hair looks great! And I think you may be able to get to APL by May 2010. It looks really healthy so just keep doing what you do!! HHG!!

FAMUDva

girl your hair is NOT growing slow..its looks nice!

Thanks! I had a trim on Oct. 26 or 27 :( And I had just had a DEEP trim on Sept 13th. So I feel like my progress is slow going because of the trims. Hopefully I can keep healthy ends through to January, because I don't want to trim until after Christmas.

I'm so on the fence about trims. I hate getting them, but I LOVE how healthy my hair looks and feels when I get them as needed. I'm gonna pray for APL by late spring/early summer 2010 :yep:

Miamori

Very pretty!

And don't be discouraged. It took me 15 or 16 months to truly make APL, but I got there!

HHG! :)