Almost the hair I always wanted! (pics)

FAMUDva

I'm so happy to have transitioned :) Two yrs relaxer free, 10 months after 2 mini chops, and 14 months after 1 MAJOR set back I'm finally starting to fall in like with my natural hair :). I'll be in love when the final inch of heat damage is gone AND I achieve my goal length. :yep: Until then, I'll enjoy every step of the way.

I still have about 1 inch of heat damaged straight ends in the front (from the 1 major set back). Hopefully now I can focus on length again. Thanks for all the transitioners, naturals, and relaxed ladies who continue to inspire along this journey!

Natural picture vs. my current length straightened.

December 09- Curly (first time out with no scarf :)

December 09- Straight

November 09- Straight

Filmatic

Wow you're natural hair is beautiful! And it goes with that whole outfit in the first pic(not that it matters).

FAMUDva

Beautiful hair, it must be all that steaming:laugh:. What do you set it with, do you use gel or conditioner???

Just switched to conditioner only since my stylist fussed at me over my usage of gels :( . I'm trying to use up my Giovanni Direct leave in (I don't like that it foams) and I use Cantu shea butter leave in to "slick" it. But of course it doesn't work like good ole gel.

Thanks everyone for all the compliments.

Fhrizzball

Was that a puff or a ponytail in your curly picture? It falls real nicely in any case. Congrats on your progress and the shirt's a nice touch. I can never get mine to be that straight.

Leesh

Your Hair is Beautiful, as are You, You are Glowing with that Peach on! Very Photogenic! Good Work!

Stormy

Great job! Congrats your hair is very pretty. :yep: How much heat damage did you previously have and how did you combat it?