Almost the hair I always wanted! (pics)

FAMUDva

Very pretty! I am seriously considering transitioning...without the bc.
You can totally do it girlie! I'd do it all over again if I had to. I wouldn't add the straightening comb incident though :(

Nice! I would love to see more curly pics!
I'll try... I don't take many because I've been a little paranoid that my hair looks crazy. I'll add a couple more from a couple of weeks ago.

ETA: I'm always taking them with my cell phone so sorry about the quality.

Last edited:

Kurlee

Really? See, thats why the typing confuses the heck outta me. My hair is coils and springs all over; some are a tighter coil than others, mostly tighter in the very top of my hair. But the longer it gets the more they start to hang. I'm guessing that hydration helps with the hang too. I've just always thought I was a 4+ all over. Thanks for the assessment. I'll get better at taking pics from the back side, etc.
lol. I just said 3 because the curls are pretty big. 4 is like the smallest curls/coils and ur curls are really big/obvious and resemble those with 3c type hair on here. Whatever type it is, it's gorgeous. I will be fotki stalking:look:. Great progress.

Diva_Esq

BEAUTIFUL HAIR!!!!!!!! :drool:

And those elephant earrings are the bee's knees!!!!! I'm a Delta...need a pair of those! :)

FAMUDva

Very pretty hair! What are you using to pull your hair back in the curly picture?

I used 2 large wrapping bobby pins. 1 going each way. These pins:

Looks good to me! I can't see the heat damage. You hide it well.
Thanks! There is only about 1-1.5 inches of straight damaged ends left and it's all in the bang area thats gathered in the top, so you cant see it. I'll take a pic the next time I shampoo my hair.

BEAUTIFUL HAIR!!!!!!!! :drool:

And those elephant earrings are the bee's knees!!!!! I'm a Delta...need a pair of those! :)
:wavey: Hey Soror!!!!! The earrings were a gift.

:amen:
When I saw her picture the hair though quite lovely became an accessory to her looks.

OP you are a natural beauty.:yep:

Girl you are soooo pretty.

OMG! Thank you ladies! I've never ever felt pretty. I don't think I'm ugly, but definitely average... you guys got me over here blushing. And here I was feeling bad because I post pics without make-up. :look:

Thank y'all for the kind words! :yep:

Totally 3b + c...ain't no 4s up in thur!

lol. I just said 3 because the curls are pretty big. 4 is like the smallest curls/coils and ur curls are really big/obvious and resemble those with 3c type hair on here. Whatever type it is, it's gorgeous. I will be fotki stalking:look:. Great progress.

Y'all probably know a bit better than me since I don't really understand the typing thing. Some curls are bigger like straw or pencil sized and some are a bit smaller than that. Tighter in the crown area.

preciouslove0x

Its funny cuz I didnt even notice the hair before I noticed the >>:grin:<< beeming white teeth!! Goodness gracious those things are beautiful!!

(ur hair is pretty to though lol)

rinahbaby

Thanks! I personally don't follow the typing system, but yes, I'm a 4-something. Some looser or tighter than others.
your hair looks like it has a mixture of 3c and 4a IMO......but anyway congrats on falling in love with your natural and beautiful texture keep up the great work.....BTW you took a very lovely pic (the first one) that should be you avatar/profile pic :yep:

FAMUDva

Hair is beautiful - what did u do to achieve the look in the first pic?

Thanks!

Basically, I shampooed and conditioned my hair with Garnier Fructis Moisture Works. Then I deep conditioned with Pantene Pro-V Nourishing Moisture Replenishing Mask (I added honey and a little bit of Hello Hydration to the mix) under my steamer for 30 minutes.

After steaming, I rinsed with cool water and detangled with my shower comb, then went section by section through my hair with my Denman D7. The sections I went through were about 2 inches wide; a little bigger than sections I would have done to flat iron. I didn't diffuse to dry, I just air dried without touching the curls.

Before brushing through the sections I used Kinky Curly Knot Today leave in, Giovanni Direct leave-in and a little bit of Kinky Curly Curling Custard (I'm not supposed to be using gels per my stylist; but I used about an index finger full for my whole head). At the end of the afternoon my curls weren't fuzzy and looked really moisturized like the picture, but I wished I would have used more than a smidgen of KCCC because the conditioners don't give any hold and my hair shrank more than it would have if I would have just used KCCC like it's supposed to be used. But like I said earlier, I am trying to find the balance of conditioner to set my curls.

I forgot... I smoothed the front with Cantu Shea Butter leave in only. It's thick enough that I use it like it's gel. I've had to let my ecostyler gel go altogether :(. I pulled the front up by either side as if I was going to put it in a half pony, but instead used 2 large curved bobby pins to pin it in either direction. I did not tie the front down before leaving the house. I normally tie it down because I like a more smoothed effect. I guess that's from years of slicked back relaxed hair. I'm coming to grips with the fact that my fuzzy hair won't always lay perfectly flat. :yep:

Last edited:

jazii

wow you look great and your hair is beautiful... I just did my BC after 6 or 7 months of transitioning. I wish I had the patience to wait that long,lol