Underprocessed correction advice

Jobwright

Hellllloooooo out there in radio land! So this is the deal... I stretched my relaxer for 7 months. Relaxed with ORS lye about 2 weeks ago but did not count on my new growth being as long as it was. So I did not smooth the relaxer through all the new growth. Now I have about 3 inches of bone straight roots, about 3 inches on texlaxed hair and bone straight length to ends. Anyone have any ideas how to correct this? What method would you use? How long to wait before doing the corrective relaxer? Are there any specific products you suggest to aid in basing the already bone straight parts of the strand?

Lilmama1011

I would wait at least a month and coat the straight part with Vaseline or castor oil and let someone else correct it for me so it can be more accurate

LexiDior

I suggest going to a professional. Applying another relaxer this soon is no joke and can do serious damage. Most stylist use professional brands and know what they are doing. Just explain the situation so they know where to put the relaxer at on your hair.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Jobwright check out the Correctives Support Thread for tips.

I personally don't like correctives, but they can be done safely. I think waiting at least 8 weeks is best and go to a professional stylist if you are not comfortable doing it yourself.

Jobwright, sunnieb is right --- you should wait & should seek the help of a professional if you're not comfortable with doing it yourself. I was under processed once and waited until the next TU to correct the areas. The stylist placed relaxed on those areas the last 5 minutes to correct the areas. I did end my stretch a little earlier than normal -- I ended it around week 8 vs. going 10-12.

Jobwright

I am actually on vacation with my stylist now. She gave me a good whippin' for attempting it myself in the first place. I told her she shouldn't stay booked up all the time. She said she will fix it in a few weeks. Thanks ladies! So I will continue to use my comb as little as possible to avoid any unnecessary breakage until then. I really want to be able to do this myself without depending on a stylist. But when I need help...I need help. Gotta let the pride go on this one...