Type and Amount of Ingestible Protein for Hair Growth?

intellectualuva

this was right on time...I was trying to get more bang out of my smoothies.....more protein. :)As always you ladies know what I need when I need it.

ThatJerseyGirl

Let me tell you about the Neo Cell Super Collagen. I've been taking it for a while and I started taking it because I lift heavy weights, especially leg press and I superset with Squats.

I take it because Im older than most of you and I take it for my joints because of the heavy lifting.

I wasn't paying too much attention to my hair but I noticed that it grows a little faster. Keep in mind I take other supplements like my mass aminos, etc, but I notice with this particular supplement, my hair grows quickly. And it works wonders for my joints. I never had problems with my joints, but as a precaution, I take it.

I mix it with my whey protein morning and night.

Subscribe

Let me tell you about the Neo Cell Super Collagen. I've been taking it for a while and I started taking it because I lift heavy weights, especially leg press and I superset with Squats.

I take it because Im older than most of you and I take it for my joints because of the heavy lifting.

I wasn't paying too much attention to my hair but I noticed that it grows a little faster. Keep in mind I take other supplements like my mass aminos, etc, but I notice with this particular supplement, my hair grows quickly. And it works wonders for my joints. I never had problems with my joints, but as a precaution, I take it.

I mix it with my whey protein morning and night.

ThatJerseyGirl

This works better for your joints than MSM?

ThatJerseyGirl

Subscribe - the MSM works great, except I was having very realistic dreams. For example, I dreamt I was running on the treadmill at the gym, and woke up out of breath and sweating!

I never mixed the MSM in my protein shake. Instead, I mixed it in Cranberry juice. Took two heaping spoonfuls in the morning and afternoon.

But I will tell you this. MSM kept me regular. 2x's a day, every single day.

ilong

God's Own
ThatJerseyGirl
Thank you for the testimony about NeoCell. I am quite sure that I will be purchasing it in December for my next 6 month regimen. That is unless Viviscal turns me into a rapunzel.

Maybe I will add asterisks (*) next to a supplement when members post that it is a supplement they take. This will show which supplement is most popular. What does everyone think?

cynd

I don't want to jinx myself but I think my (fine, lo density) hair feels a tad bit thicker all of a sudden. Other than recently buying/using a hair steamer 1-2 times per week, the only new thing I've done is start taking collagen. I suspect it may be the collagen(?).

Last edited:

JC-Junkie

soonergirl and Osha I just got my NeoCell collagen and it tastes lovely when I mixed it with my orange squash :grin: maybe because i cant taste it at all :lol: and it was very smooth too :yep: and I only used a fork because I don't have a hand blender and it mixed really well :yep:

Last edited:

Osha

soonergirl and Osha I just got my NeoCell collagen and it tastes lovely when I mixed it with my orange squash :grin: maybe because i cant taste it at all :lol: and it was very smooth too :yep: and I only used a fork because I don't have a hand blender and it mixed really well :yep:

That's great, I'm glad you like the taste. I need stronger juice!

ilong

God's Own
cynd - that is great news. I know it's only been a week since your post - any more updates? I know like many of us you are watching your hair grow. :yep:

I hope I can remain strong and not purchase the collagen until December.

JC-Junkie - about you, have you transformed into Rapunzel yet? :lol:
I am kidding - but I love to see all of the real life LHCF Rapunzels and I have a feeling you will transform no later than 2014 :yep:

JC-Junkie

ilong I definitely have experienced thickness and stronger nails and plumper skin, within the 3 weeks I've been taking it :grin: I researched how long nails grow and it's 3mm a month, but after two weeks my nails grew about 2mm !

cynd

@ilong, I know it's only been a week but I really do feel like it is working. My hair is very fine and extremely low density so it is pretty easy for me to see any increase in thickness. I'm not saying my hair is much thicker, but I'm definitely moving in the right direction and see a difference. I'm hopeful for the first time that I've found something that is working for me.

ilong

God's Own
They say be careful what you ask for :grin:. I asked JC-Junkie and cynd for a review and now I am getting weak... :ohwell: (ready to purchase)

But I will dig out my invoice for Viviscal and hopefully I will come back to my senses.:nono:

Just in case some LHCF member ***clears throat*** wants to know any suggestions on where to purchase NeoCell:lachen:?

JC-Junkie

ilong and cynd I definitely feel I'm moving in the right direction too. I'm very hopeful about this particular product. I'm eyeing up the NeoCell Keratin Booster too :look: that too looks promising !

ilong

God's Own
[QUOTE Okay let me stop now :look: :lachen:[/QUOTE]

^^^^ THIS^^^ YES & PLEASE!!! :grin: This has already been an expensive product month trying to take advantage of the great finds at TJ Maxx and Marshalls . :yep:

JC-Junkie

ilong okay okay :lachen:
What great finds did you get ? I'm excited :lol: not that I will buy them at this moment in time :look: :lol:

cynd fruit flavour did you say ? I'll see if I can find that here in the UK :yep:

cynd

Finished my youtheory collagen pills and just purchased neocell powdered collagen. I love the fact that it mixes with juice so easily.

ilong

God's Own
@ JC-Junkie - sorry I missed your post. I should hang my head in shame with all my TJMaxx/Marshalls purchases. :naughty:
  • Several Giovanni Products (various shampoos, conditioners, reconstructor)
  • A boatload of Joico products. One location had mismarked some of the 33.8oz (1 Liter) size of Joico shampoos and conditioner to $7.99. I grabbed all of them. :grin:
  • Mizani (2- D'Tangler and 3- Moisturefuse) $5 each
  • Sukin (various conditioners, protein, moisturizing, leave-in)

ilong

God's Own
@cynd
why are you switching from Youtheory to Neocell? Just to try or ... (or did @JC-Junkie corrupt you too?):lol:

By the way if you live near a Whole Foods - they may have Neocell (power or tablets) on sell for $11.99 until tomorrow (regularly $14.99)

So I was in Costco's and they had Youtheory Advanced Formula type 1,2,3 - 390 tablets for $17.89. So.... :grin: and I am blaming @JC-Junkie because she was very bad by tempting me.

Last edited:

cynd

ilong

I'll blame it on JC-Junkie, but I just wanted to try them and also take a break from crushing pills. I really like Youtheory though. I got Neocell from Whole Foods on the weekend.

*Frisky*

I put powdered collagen in my smoothies several times a week. I wasn't doing it for hair really..more so for skin but it's good to know it has that benefit even though it says right on the jar hahaha..as far as intaking more protein, several years ago for a month straight I was pretty much taking in close to 100 grams a protein a day. I am sure there were a few days I missed doing it but I was pretty consistent. My hair grew about an inch and a half in that time frame so I do believe it works.

ilong

God's Own
*Frisky* - that is very encouraging. I take chlorella and spirulina which are high in protein, along with Viviscal. When I add Youtheory to my vitamin regimen I will be taking a very good amount of protein also.
c
By the way Samsclub has Neocell Super Collagen + C, 320 tables for $18.99 (online). Costco has Youtheory for $17.89.

I was going to wait to take the Youtheory but I may just start early. I need a "gigantic hair growth leap":grin:

JC-Junkie

Hi Guys ! I just renewed my subscription :yep: still on the NeoCell collagen ! Oh and I ought NeoCell Hair Volumiser too !!

JC-Junkie

ilong yeah I have been really busy ! So I didnt remember to renew my subscription. I'm not able come and see whats going on as much :nono: I'm gonna try to come in a bit more :grin:

Hope everyone is blessed !

ilong

God's Own
JC-Junkie - Well - I have missed you!! But your studies are more important. Say hi when you can. We miss folks around here when they don't pop in every now and then. :yep: Good luck on your studies and you be blessed as well.