Tying Ends of Braid...should i let her do it.

toniy

Hello all, I am getting braided this Wed. I asked the lady who is doing it about tree braids and micros. She would rather do micros for some reason. With that being said, she said she stops them from unraveling by tying knots in them.
I have gotten my hair braided many times, but until i tried the healthy hair thing, I really didnt care(I had my half wigs to hide under). Question is, will this hurt or damage my hair. If so, does anyone have a suggestion I can use or a kind of braid I can suggest to her?

Last edited:

MzOptimistic

Me, myself I would prefer tree braids because the hair is in cornrolls but that's what grow my hair...as far as micros...I would say not to get real small braids..get them about the size of a pencil but not real small...and far as tying up the ends...make sure that she is going wayyyyyyy past your hair...make sure you let her know to go wayyyyy past your hair.HTH:)

londonjakki

:) I have my hair braided...also the size of a pencil...the ends are tied...You braid your hair all the way down past your hair and tie below your hair..so only the fake hair is tied and your hair is protected......a good web site for info on taking care of your braided hair is www.growafrohairlong.com Robin the owner of the site has tips on braiding, washing and taking care or your hair while braided.....:)

toniy

I didnt get the braids because the stylist could not guarantee me that she would go past my sl hair.

I just need to fing a style that i like and start over.

Thanks for the responses...

JazzyDez

I had the micros with the knots a long time ago. The knots are very helpful since I had human hair it would have unraveled, especially with washing. Like the OP said, it should be tied below where your actual hair stops so that only the weave is knotted.

KiniKakes

I would not get the knots. Even if she say she is tying them under your real hair..... i personally wouldnt do it! Ive had human hair before and it doesnt really unravel if she braids it down far enough.