Two Strand Flat Twists

Mama Cita

I been going through peoples albums and I've seen so many members doing two strand flat twists and they all turn out beautifully. Can anyone give me step by step instructions on how to do them? My hair is growing and I am retaining all my length so I would like to know how to accomplish this look. Thank you in advance!! :)

Mama Cita

Does anyone like me???:confused: I know there are PLENTY of ladies on this board who can explain how to do flat twist, maybe you just don't want to share... :perplexed I know I havent posted any pictures and that is only because I am currently deployed and I dont have a way to develope and scan the pics that I have taken for this forum, maybe thats what I need to do in order to get a response. Never mind.:ohwell:

J

JenniferMD

Mama Cita said:
Does anyone like me???:confused: I know there are PLENTY of ladies on this board who can explain how to do flat twist, maybe you just don't want to share... :perplexed I know I havent posted any pictures and that is only because I am currently deployed and I dont have a way to develope and scan the pics that I have taken for this forum, maybe thats what I need to do in order to get a response. Never mind.:ohwell:

:lol: Sometimes, we just don't see every post. But don't ever take it personal. We don't intentionally keep back our "secrets" on how we do things.

As for me, I do flat twist a lot but find it extremely difficult to explain. It's exactly like cornrowing with three strands but only two. You have two strands, twist and keep grabing hair until you get to the end of your hair. Here is a close up picture to what it looks like and maybe you can get a better idea of what i'm talking about:

I put a roller at the end once I'm finished to give the ends some shape other than straight:

When I'm ready to take it out, it looks like this:

I have a step-by-step in my album at: http://public.fotki.com/JenniferMD/2005/may/

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
wow, JMD you got skills!:D Do u twist underhanded or overhanded to get this look? I'm working on learning how to do these styles. I like the way this looks. :notworthy

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
the only way i know to describe it is to part off the hair like a cornrow then make a box at the very beginning then split that in 2 then twist those two sections once or twice then pick up some hair twist pick up some hair twist pick up some hair then when there is no more hair to pick up just twist until you get to the ends

LaNecia

Mama Cita said:
Does anyone like me???:confused:

Yes we do!! :kiss:

I think PeachTree does some fantastic twists, I'm not sure if she posts anymore here though. She has a Fotki album. My twists aren't fashionable so I'm looking for advice too!

SparklingFlame

I have done them once or twice and it left much to be desired. My hands keep wanting to do a cornrow! I think I need to just practice, practice, practice!
Mam Cita, did you find the pictorals you were looking for?

Peachtree

VWVixxen said:
Yes we do!! :kiss:

I think PeachTree does some fantastic twists, I'm not sure if she posts anymore here though. She has a Fotki album. My twists aren't fashionable so I'm looking for advice too!

Thx Vixxen!

yeah, I post here, but just not nearly as often as I used to...

Are you looking to do "single flat twists" or "2-strand flat twists"? My technique is different for each.

Mama Cita

:eek: WOW!!! Thank you for all the respones! I find ALL of these responses very helpful, thank you. I had my boyfriend send me my mannequin head to me so now I can practice. I'll take pictures of how they all turn out, I have braids in right now so I cant take pictures of how they turn out on my head but I will take pics and try to find a way to post them. I feel so liked!!!:lol: :) :lol: :) :lol:

Mama Cita

naturallady said:
Mam Cita, did you find the pictorals you were looking for?

Yes thank you I've found quite a few but I always welcome more so if you have any I all for it!! Thanks again:)

Mama Cita

Peachtree said:
Thx Vixxen!

Are you looking to do "single flat twists" or "2-strand flat twists"? My technique is different for each.

I am looking to learn any technique I can, I was asking about two strand flat twists but I would LOVE to learn both. Thank you:grin:

neeki

Peachtree said:
Thx Vixxen!

I would love to know how to do single flat twists.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I would love to know how to flat twists as well as cornrow... Would you ladies say flat twists are easier or are cornrows easier to do???

SparklingFlame

Poohbear said:
I would love to know how to flat twists as well as cornrow... Would you ladies say flat twists are easier or are cornrows easier to do???
Cornrows are easier for me only cuz I've been doing them for 18 years. I'm not good at the 2 strand flat twist because my hands keep wanting to do a cornrow! I need lots of practice. I wish I could show you how b/c describing how to do a flat twist is extreamly difficult to do.