Twist/Braid/Bun For Growth Challenge 7/1/13 - 9/30/13

ckisland

:lol: I had that same experience last time I flat twisted to the back. I was also at my SO's and was wearing a pair of his sweats. It was not a good look :lachen:

Putting them at any angle other than straight back fixes the issue. I usually take the twists in the front and do them to the side. It solves the entire issue.

I'm so glad someone feels my pain :lol:. I'm so bad at parting, so I'm afraid to even attempt doing flattwists to the side :blush:. But I actually really like flattwists and don't mind keeping them in, so I guess I'm going to have to learn :ohwell:.

Igotstripes

I rollerset my mini twists, usually I like to keep them stretched but I think I really like this look lol I'm getting the feeling I wanna take my mini twists out soon tho. I've only had them like 5/6 days

Attachments

• image-3930643163.jpg
    image-3930643163.jpg
    288.4 KB · Views: 67

Killahkurlz

Guys im n miami!!! Going to c beyonce tonight. Right now of course my hair is n a bun.....may just make it a.neater bun for tonight....
My mom doesnt say much of anything about how much my hair has grown. Im kind of disappointed because she had the worst reaction when I bced. Hmph. Guess im a little salty.

Igotstripes

Guys im n miami!!! Going to c beyonce tonight. Right now of course my hair is n a bun.....may just make it a.neater bun for tonight....
My mom doesnt say much of anything about how much my hair has grown. Im kind of disappointed because she had the worst reaction when I bced. Hmph. Guess im a little salty.

Ahhh I'm jellyyyy !! Have fun!! Also your hair looks great!

faithVA

I'm so glad someone feels my pain :lol:. I'm so bad at parting, so I'm afraid to even attempt doing flattwists to the side :blush:. But I actually really like flattwists and don't mind keeping them in, so I guess I'm going to have to learn :ohwell:.

I feel your pain. I went upstairs and looked in the mirror and was shocked. I came down and told my SO that I looked like a prison lesbian. He said "I didn't want to say anything." :lachen: I told him, you need to tell me so I don't go out of the house looking all crazy. I looked like Queen Latifah in Set it Off :nono: I won't make that mistake again.

So you can part better to the back then to the side? We need to hook up and part each other's hair. :lol: I need to create a style club where we just meet up to do hair :yep:

crimsonpeach

Master Lurker
I'm in!

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)? Twists

2. What is your style maintenance regimen? I plan on doing a full set of twists once a month. 3 1/2 weeks wearing them pinned up with 3 days outs before starting the process over again. Will retwist if necessary durign the month.

3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning? 2.5 years natural

4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? I'm trying to get to full APL. Currently CBL in the back and chin length in the front. I want to gain progress on my edges also. They are the thinnest and most fragile area of my hair.

5. After wearing your hair out will you restyle after [Pick One] 2 days or 3 days? 3 days

6. Include Starting Pic ASAP. (You will not be named an official challenger without one).

I'm in the second week of twists so I don't have an "out" hair pic. Here's how my hair is now.

Attachments

• photo2.JPG
    photo2.JPG
    144.1 KB · Views: 41

VictoriousBrownFlower

I washed my hair today. I was surprised that it wasn't tangled at all. It was in a wash and go for the past 3 days. I put it in a puff on the third day. My shedding has decreased tremendously. The rosemary oil is really working. My hair was really soft and moisturized when I was done washing. I put my hair in 8 braids.

baha_locks

1. What is your primary style (twists, braids, bunning, etc.)? Bunning

2. What is your style maintenance regimen? I will wash twice a week & roller set to dry and bun my hair.

3. Are you natural, relaxed, transitioning? Relaxed

4. What do you hope to achieve from the challenge? I hope to retain length and make it to MBL.

5. After wearing your hair out will you restyle after [Pick One] 2 days or 3 days? I don't wear my hair out. Probably once a month.

6. Include Starting Pic ASAP. (You will not be named an official challenger without one).

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    394.3 KB · Views: 39

ckisland

I'm going to drop out of the challenge. Wash n'gos have called me back, and it's just the way I prefer dealing with my hair. I'll still be lurking in this thread though :grin:.

Igotstripes

Would you guys wear Bantu knots as a style? I think they look really cute but never see people wearing them except for this girl on that new Netflix show orange is the new black. They call her crazy eyes lol :/

Attachments

• image-1657546758.jpg
    image-1657546758.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 39
  • image-4227118676.jpg
    image-4227118676.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 49

kxlot79

Kitchen Mixtress
Would you guys wear Bantu knots as a style? I think they look really cute but never see people wearing them except for this girl on that new Netflix show orange is the new black. They call her crazy eyes lol :/

I really like Bantu knots as a style. I haven't done that since high-school though. People would say I was trying to look like Nairobi from The Matrix.
Overall, I feel like I attract too much attention with that style and I'm uncomfortable with the level I've gotten with it so that's my reasoning.
Some people "get" it and think it's cute. Others, like my grandmas, go "Chile what's going on with your head" to which I explain it's how I achieve the voluminous curls they like so much.

via LHCF App

faithVA

I think it looks cute on certain people. I just can't see myself pulling it off successfully.

faithVA

Finished twisting up my hair. Made them a bit bigger and they look ok. For some reason my hair is super fuzzy today. :perplexed: But since they were going to be fuzzy in 3 days just as well get it over with.

I will try take pictures today.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
For the first time ever,I had no problem with my hair! I changed my products slightly. I am using Pantene Truly Natural Co wash and Deep conditioner. My hair had no SSKs whatsoever! I had no detangle issues. My hair just felt moisturized and it was easy to twist it up. It's finally starting to get easy for me to do my hair. I am hoping to be able to bun my hair on my Nappiversary. I have 2 more months to go!:yep:

Igotstripes

Finished twisting up my hair. Made them a bit bigger and they look ok. For some reason my hair is super fuzzy today. :perplexed: But since they were going to be fuzzy in 3 days just as well get it over with.

I will try take pictures today.

That's a good way to look at it! Lol

And thanks y'all, If I end up trying them ill post it. Meanwhile I'm about to wear my hair out for 3 days after I take these twists out. My hair started locing