Try Smooth N Shine Keratin Power FREE

Iluvsmuhgrass

The campaign reads:

Smooth 'N Shine® Keratin Power Semi-Permanent Hair Tamer is the gentler way to tame curls and frizz. The breakthrough Keratin 4 + Aloe formula with real keratin elongates and straightens hair from the inside out without breaking bonds the way other chemical treatments do. So you can easily straighten or choose "wash and go" manageable curls.

5x less damage than traditional relaxers
Lasts up to six weeks or five washes
Just two steps, no mixing required
Used by famous stylist and Smooth 'N Shine brand spokesperson, Larry Sims

Sounds interesting. I guess for some people it'd be great but with my sensitive skin and fine hair, I'm going to have to pass.

angellike

Here's the ingredients from drugstore.com.... i wanted to try it butwas scared cuz i saw thioglycolate in there

Product Ingredients:

Protein smoothing treatment ingredients: water, cysteine HCL, ethanolamine, sodium bicarbonate, urea, hydroxyethylcelluse, ethanolamine thioglycolate, ppg 1 peg 9 lauryl glycol ether, decyl glucoside, hydrolyzed wheat protein, hydrolyzed keratin, aloe barbadensis leaf extract, propylene glycol, etidronic acid, polyquaternium 7, hydrolyzed silk, fragrance.

Neutralizing milk ingredients: water, cetearyl alcohol, hydrogen peroxide, etidronic acid, dimethicone, polyquaternium 37, ceteareth 30, cetrimonium chloride, sodium hydroxide, propylene glycol dicaprylate/dicaprate, dimethicone, hydroxycetyl hydroxyethyl dimonium chloride, 2,6 dicarboxypyridine, ppg 1 trideceth 6.

Last edited:

tiffjust2002

I don't know what it is, I was under the impression it was a keratin treatment it only lasts 5 washes it says but someone told me it was another kind of relaxer but I don't know for sure. But I am going to do a small patch test first when I get it to make sure it's safe. I am also going to look up the ingredients and see about those as well.

HighAspirations

Did you say free? I got one! Lol probably won't use it but who am I to pass up free stuff. I'm checking to see what else I can get now!

Dove56

Ingredients:

Protein Smoothing Treatment: Aqua (Water), Cysteine Hcl, Ethanolamine, Sodium Bicarbonate, Urea, Hydroxyethycelluose, Ethanolamine Thioglycolate, Ppg-1-Peg-9 Lauryl Glycol Ether, Decyl Glucoside, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Keratin, Aloe Bardensis Leaf Extract, Propylene Glycol, Etidronic Acid, Polyquaternium-7, Hydrolyzed Silk, Parfum (Fragrance).

Neutralizing Milk: Aqua (Water), Cetearyl Alcohol, Hydrogen Peroxide, Etidronic Acid, Dimethicone, Polyquaternium-37, Ceteareth-30, Cetrimonium Chloride, Sodium Hydroxide, Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, Dimethiconol, Hydroxycetyl Hydroxyethyl Dimonium Chloride, 2,6-Dicarboxypyridine, Ppg-1 Trideceth-6.

Directions: •Tame: Step 1: Protein smoothing treatment, with a breakthrough chemistry of keratin 4 + aloe that smoothes And tames the hair while making styling more manageable And versatile! Neutralize: Step 2: Neutralizing milk, containing active sealers to complete And preserve the semi- permanent taming effect on treated hair for up to 6 weeks (or 5 washes)!

Warnings:

Read And follow directions And warnings carefully And completely. Failure to follow directions or warnings, or other misuse of the product, can cause serious injury to eyes or skin And can damage hair. Keep out of reach of children. Use protective gloves provided while applying product And rinsing the product out of hair. Do not use any metallic materials for applying the Semi-Permanent Hair Tamer. Do a preliminary strand test prior to the Semi-Permanent Hair Tamer application. Do not apply this product if the strand test results in hair breakage or scalp irritation. Do not use on sensitive, irritated And damaged scalp. Keep product off of scalp And skin area. Contact with scalp or other skin areas can cause skin irritations. In case of skin irritation, rinse immediately with water. Avoid contact with eyes. If product gets into eyes, rinse immediately with water. If irritation persists, contact a physician. If ingested, contact a Poison Control Center immediately. Do not induce vomiting And consult a doctor immediately. Do not apply on eye lashes or eyebrows. This product may cause severe eye irritation. Do not apply to facial or body hair. Irritation may occur. For external use only. Do not apply this product within 2 weeks of applying permanent color, bleach, highlights, perms or relaxers on the same day. Do not use on hair that is heavily damaged (breaking, splitting, etc.) due to chemical processes such as bleaching, highlighting or relaxing. Do not use antidandruff products for 1 week after using Semi-Permanent Hair Tamer. Avoid possible damage from over- processing. Do not exceed time guide. For best results, do not wash hair for at least 3 days after application. Never store partially used Semi- Permanent Hair Tamer after use. With gloves on, discard unused product by rinsing thoroughly down the drain. Discard in trash

tiffjust2002

Did you say free? I got one! Lol probably won't use it but who am I to pass up free stuff. I'm checking to see what else I can get now!

Being a Bzz Agent is bomb! I got sooo much free stuff from them, I am waiting to get full sized bottles of that new clear scalp have ya'll heard of that?

HairPleezeGrow

Natural.MediumFine.3c.
Have any of you ladies or anyone else for that matter received their product and used it yet? If so what were your results? I just got mine yest in the mail but not sure if I will be trying it. If it has ingredients are like a relaxer I'm a little nervous and dont want a relaxer or anything close to it. I was looking at youtube videos from what I saw no one seemed happy with the results but then again I only saw like 3 videos lol! It took their curls away completely and thats not what I want. Anywho sorry so long just looking for anyone else that got theirs and actually tried it...TIA

KurlyNinja

Haven't got mine yet. But I will definitely be doing a patch test before I do my whole head. I dont want to relax. Just want something to help keep tangles away in its curly state. And I dont wish to use excess heat. If this stuff is permanent I'm gonna be pissed.

tiffjust2002

I got mine a few days ago, I too am going to do a patch test I am just trying to figure out where to do the patch test, thinking worse case senario that patch falls out. I will probably do a small section on one side of my head and then take pics of both to compare. I am not straightening my hair afterward either just going to do a wash n go and see if my curl pattern is looser with the stuff on. I'll post pics and such once I do it. I will probably do it this weekend.

jprayze

Ok, sooo I got mine but I'm not sure what it is??? I definitely not going to be using it if it is considered a relaxer because I spent all this time transitioning!!!

Honi

There is no board.
I got my kit and won't be using it. It has thioglycolate in it and smells very chemically. No ma'am. :nono:

BraunSugar

I received mine today. I am a little scared to try this to be honest... Why is there a neutralizing step? What are we neutralizing exactly? And it lasts up to six weeks... like does that mean I would have to reapply to my new growth or will my hair completely revert back? I am going to do some more digging on this...

mscocoface

Caution ladies anytime there is a neutralizing step you are stopping some type of chemical process from continuing.

irisak

Hopefully no one relaxed tries this because the thio will melt their hair.

Sent from my HTC EVO using LHCF. any spelling errors should be blamed on auto-correct.

BraunSugar

I read the buzznet reviews and hardly anyone seemed to like this. If I decide to flat iron, I will not be using this.

TurquoizBlue

I'm a BA, and I got one a few weeks ago, but I was waiting for one of you ladies to be the guinea pig. I am also afraid to try it. I already had some heat damage from a stylist back in November so I'm super-cautious about trying something new. I really wanted to get rid of this frizz, though.

tiffjust2002

I read the reviews on BA website and most didn't like the smell or the results, now I'm all scurred, I will still go through with my patch test but that's it just cause I am curious and I need to know for myself but I will not put it on my whole head that's for sure!

CocoBunny

I saw this is in the store and had it in my hands heading to the cashier. I am glad I checked here first.