Trusting Our Black Men - Can We Love and Still Not Trust the Men We Love?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Shimmie,

Here's a reminder of what love truly is:

1 Corinthians 13

The Way of Love

1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant

5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;

6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.

7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,

10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.

11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

~~~~~

I think you can love a man and not trust him. Trust is an assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone... it's dependence on something future or contingent. So trust deals with faith, hope, and/or confidence in someone.

I'm sure you may have a few friends or even family members who you do not completely trust, but that doesn't give us a right not to love them. Jesus commanded us all to love everyone as your neighbor and to love even your enemies, and see, I'm sure you don't trust your enemies, but you still have to love them.

Hope that helps! God bless!

UmSumayyah

I don't see that it's prudent to trust ANY man you don't know well. (or any person, period). Trust people that have proven themselves worthy of trust, or that at least give some indications that they may be trustworthy.

Now being automatically suspicious is another issue.

pebbles

Shimmie said:
:lachen: Girl, you have me rolling on the floor laughing...''Coma".... :lol:

I love you so much...God has given me such a wonderful gift in you and so much to be thankful for.

As for the shimmie lessons, I have multiple variations :lol: So, there's one for everyone's individual level. Hey Pebs, another confession. I really believe God blessed me in Belly Dance, because it doesn't require having 6 pack abs....:lol: I can eat all I want and keep my 4 pk tummie ...:lol:

My Raw Diet from the Health/Fitness forum is out the window today...I mean out. I'm having my carbs today, big time. The weight I've lost this summer will allow me this one day of carb Coma...'

Hugs, hugs and more...;)

LOL!! :lol: I have to check out your Raw Diet. I ate a lot yesterday, and though I didn't go into a coma, I came darned near close! :lol:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
pebbles said:
LOL!! :lol: I have to check out your Raw Diet. I ate a lot yesterday, and though I didn't go into a coma, I came darned near close! :lol:
I'm so glad you didn't. Close is close enough :lol:

The Raw Diet works though, because I couldn't eat much at all. The Raw Diet 'shrinks' the tummie's capacity. I even skipped dessert. I was too tired to really eat anyway. Resting now...though :lol:

I'm loving this thread. I can't believe the impact of "Ride or Die"...(noted in my post above). But God wants to do something with that.

I shared with RelaxerRehab, that we know 'Someone' who lived this for us over 2000 years ago... With Jesus, we were worth the Ride and He completed the journey for our Salvation when He Died.

Who wouldn't love Jesus? Hmmmmm, don't answer that one....yet. :lol:

All Praises to Him for this thread coming up...cause I sure wasn't 'wiling' but I had to be obedient. And God's Amen sealed it all. He made something beautiful come of this. Love...

Shimmie

Staff member
Poohbear said:
Shimmie,

Here's a reminder of what love truly is:

1 Corinthians 13

The Way of Love

1 If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am a noisy gong or a clanging cymbal.

2 And if I have prophetic powers, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have all faith, so as to remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

3 If I give away all I have, and if I deliver up my body to be burned, but have not love, I gain nothing.

4 Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant

5 or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;

6 it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.

7 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

8 Love never ends. As for prophecies, they will pass away; as for tongues, they will cease; as for knowledge, it will pass away.

9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part,

10 but when the perfect comes, the partial will pass away.

11 When I was a child, I spoke like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I gave up childish ways.

12 For now we see in a mirror dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I have been fully known.

13 So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

~~~~~

I think you can love a man and not trust him. Trust is an assured reliance on the character, ability, strength, or truth of someone... it's dependence on something future or contingent. So trust deals with faith, hope, and/or confidence in someone.

I'm sure you may have a few friends or even family members who you do not completely trust, but that doesn't give us a right not to love them. Jesus commanded us all to love everyone as your neighbor and to love even your enemies, and see, I'm sure you don't trust your enemies, but you still have to love them.

Hope that helps! God bless!

Poohbear, thank you. And yes, this helps more than you know. I highlighted the parts which have pierced my heart. You are truly flowing with the Lord by sharing this from God's word...He gave this to me before I started this thread. He's using you to 'seal' it.

You are among those here that I look up to. So you can imagine how nice it was to 'see' your post. ;)

ETA: Your hair is beautiful! But more so, your heart.

Loving hugs to you, too.

kbragg

Replying to BMWSS: Jesus loves me just as much as a white woman. He died for us BOTH. And we are supposed to have the mind of Christ. Jesus saves all and loves all regardless of their skin color, regardless of their sin, regardless of what their parents before them did. We are supposed to think and seek to be more like him. If we don't, if we think of ANY race as "better" than the other we have committed the sin of idolatry by exalting our ideals above God's truth. That goes both ways.

(I had posted this in another thread but thought it fit here too)

PS: I hope God sends ALL YA'LL white spouses just to break that stronghold!:lachen:The "religious" connection is nothing more than a root of pride seated in a superiority ideal which is NOT of God. Any time you set up something in your mind that does not line up with the TRUTH it's called idolatry. You've created a "race God" in your own mind (see 1st Commandment)...(ducking from the flying tomatoes:look:)

Please don't think I'm being mean, but I see this stronghold especially in our people. We believe somehow we're "better" just because of our race. The Truth is, ALL diversity is beautiful. The blonde haired blue eyed blonde is beautiful. The sexy sistah with the afro is beautiful. The Chinese woman with the JET BLACK hair is beautiful, and Christ died for them all so who are we to think we're better?

Shimmie

Staff member
Kbragg, thanks for coming back. I need to share something in defense of both you and BlkManWSS. However, I have to lean more with BlkMan because I'm seeing in his comments that which is giving life and a rich awakening to an endangered species...us.

How long has the White race believed themselves better over all races, not just ours?

God is speaking to us through this man's heart. "Kbragg" you are speaking from your personal experience. Who has the greater weight?

Whoever is reading, pull up a good seat and have your favorite snack and beverage at hand....Shimmie... is on a roll.

First, being Black is something that we will always be. Although my skin may pale out in the winter and brown in the summer, I am Black. The 'mix' in my family's bloodline, may depict other features in me (fine hair texture, the red or copper undertones of my skin), but I'm still Black. That being said, I want to always be proud of who I am and never lose sight nor the pride of it.

There are many white people in my life who adore me. They respect me; yes indeed I am loved beyond their physical embrace. Yet there is something that none of them can give me...and that is knowing what it is to be Black. They cannot 'share' this rich heritage with me; nor the pains of prejudice, and they will never be able to make up for it or be able to preserve Black pride.

Understand me. I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that God is Blending and Mending the races. Trust me, I know this. I've living proof of it personally, as are several of my closest friends and family members.

When we are together, there is no difference. My cousin's fiancee' is Iranian (full blooded) and he has literally made himself at home in our lives and especially in our all Black family church. One of our closest friends recently married, her husband is 100% Asian.

And with all of the beauty of this, YES the beauty of it, and the love that God wants us to have for one another, God still wants the mending of the Black race and He always will.

Why is this? Because we as Blacks have been spiritually raped, cursed with hating ourselves far too long. And if we do not change it, if we do not mend it, we will die as a people. And no one can deny that we as a race have been slowly dying for centuries. Killing ourselves over drugs, poverty, envy, strife, contention, but worst of all, hatred of who we are.

And this is where I MUST and I HAVE to and I DO applaude what BlKManWithSomeSense has to say. This man does have sense, the purest form of it, but even more, the heart and wisdom of God.

Kbragg, I was 'losing' it. I was losing who I am and the pride of myself as a Black woman. I was lost in stream of a White world and seeing only their good and forgetting that this same good does truly exist in our culture, but especially our Black men whom I had lost great faith and trust in.

There have been Black men in pivotal points of my life where they failed my faith in them...my trust. The White world 'appeared' better and I was dangerously being sucked in to this lie.

My dad used to say this, "Association brings on Assimilation" and beyond my hair texture and pale winter skin, I was becoming more and more like them.

Why so? This didn't come from my parents nor any of my family members. As BlkMan shared, the generations before us, set the prime example of bonding with one another for we dealt with issues that gave us 'just cause' and it sealed a bond within us that kept us as one. We fought, bled and died for each other.

Yet today, we fight, bleed and die BECAUSE we hate each other. Why is that? Indeed, it's the devil's objective but not his plan so strong that we cannot take it in hand and destroy it. And that destruction is that of love and pride of ourselves and who we are.

BlkMan's statement of our race as a religion is not one to be ignored. It's not only the truth, but it's the saving element, the one thread of hope, that is saving us from falling out of existance.

Yes, there will be Black faces and bodies that will continue to walk upon this earth, but within these bodies will be lost souls; a people who are no longer a people who have roots of themselves to cherish. Our generations will know nothing of whom they can be proud of, for you see, the enemy wants to take even that away. And it's happening via slow fade mode...

There's another saying, "If you don't know where you came from, you will never know where you are going."

Granted, my origin is from my father's seed, planted in my mother's womb and I was given birth in the heart of Harlem, NY (Yeah Harlem ;) ), however this still orginated from God's heart...his creation and my desired Destiny is Heaven bound, for the hell on this here earth is more than enough to deter me from the eternal hell that awaits those who chose otherwise.

My point is this. We cannot lose site of who we are and lose the history nor the love of our origin as a Black race. Knowing that I'm Black creates in me a fight to become the best I can so that my children after me will never lose sight of the wonderful design they were created from, which will create in them the desire to live up to call of greatness that we 'all' are.

As Black women we have been beat down by our Black men far too long. At one time, it was by deserting us financially, then by marrying white women sharing with them our Black success.

Hell, (yes I said it) we Black women, put our Black men in their success. Did we not give them birth? That along speaks volumes of where loyalty belongs. Then we lost our men to drug lords, pushers, pimps and ushers to gangs and prostitution, negative stereotypes in the movies and music. Anyway to catch a dollar. Well hell...now Black men are going to other men. Yes the devil is the culprit, but they don't have to yield.

And yesssss...Shimmie said hell and I mean it utterly and intentionally, for hell is what this mess is. Our men are literally going to hell deserting us all the more. And out of all of the 'hell', is there anything good left in Black men? Is there anyone committed to our presevation?

Yessss! Finally! Bless God, it stands out in this brother's post. Read his other posts, he's consistant with his views, his stance on life, his committment to us and to himself and his family. He's not using a play on words. He means it. It's coming from his heart and from the heart of God our Father in Heaven.

Re-read his post above...Read it beyond the White lines of blindness. I have and it's literally shaking the lies of hell out of me regarding my negative views on Black men. God is using this man to deliver me and many others who have lost hope that a Black man existed who could be trusted.

I am not placing him above God nor even close upon a pedestal. That's would be futile to God's intention and to him.

Yet I am open to recognize, that BlkManWSS has determined in his heart not to fall into the stereotype of entrapment of selling us out. When he sees a brother beating down on a sister, he'll be the first to jump in slap some sense into him. He's what we need to keep us alive and well. And there are more men to follow with this same heart. More of him are out there.

Do you think it's easy for him to be like he is and not be discouraged at what he sees hurting our people? Kbragg, go back and re-read his entire post. You will not lose your White husband by agreeing to the truth of who we are as a Black people who do have these unique qualities about us that no other race can touch nor have they experienced.

The White men who love us cannot begin to cherish us with love that comes from struggle...Black struggle. As Blacks we will always have that one common bond that is a religion all in itsself. But it's not a religion that's created by the flimsey wind and doctrines of men.

It's one of a Spirit that can never die. God gave it immunity to death. Our bond as a people has been given a life, designed by God, all of its own. For without it, none of us could have ever survived the horrendous tortures that satan devised to destroy us.

From the torturous hangings of 'strange fruit' upon Southern trees, we hung. We were burned in front of our children. Men who were right fathers and husbands, were pulled from their homes and beds, and killed just because they refused to bow down to a white judgment who wanted to rule us inhuman.

Yes, we are a religion and I give God honor for it is a religion that God worhips...not us. But in cherishing ourselves, we honor and worship God.

"Lady K" ;), listen to me. As women we naturally 'yield' to the men we love....yes...we do. And we do this without resistance; yes even when we are challenged with a disagreement, we as women softly yield to the men we love. It's as softly and as graceful as a dance ... in the soft graces that a dancer follows beautiful music, likewise to them we softly yield.

For, God said to Eve..."... your desire will be to your husband." (Gen 3).

And "K", it's a beautiful thing to do...to yield for it fits us as women.

"K", it becomes assimilation, in marrige it becomes one. The love you feel with your white husband is beautiful and it will remain such. But listen to me...'do not lose who you are in the beauty of your origin...Black.

Angel, I know what I speak of... for I've been dancing.

Thank God for a man unafraid to love us, be he White or Black. But I thank God even more for this man of ours...BlkManWithSomeSense, who has taken the sandpaper damage that has abraised who we are, and has instead, silkened our beauty and our heritage, eternally.

"Lady K" ;) A new dance is evolving... a new rhythm and rhyme. It's called, yielding to presevation of a Rich wonder of life...us. Trusting and loving who we are forever. [/COLOR]

Last edited:

kbragg

Shimmie said:

Kbragg, go back and re-read his entire post. You will not lose your White husband by agreeing to the truth of who we are as a Black people who do have these unique qualities about us that no other race can touch nor have they experienced.

The White men who love us cannot begin to cherish us with love that comes from struggle...Black struggle. (Excuse me but my husband has the mind of Christ and loves me with te unconditional love of God so IMO that's a wee bit more than struggle.) As Blacks we will always have that one common bond that is a religion all in itsself.(Interestingly enough the definition of "religion" in "return to bondage....) But it's not a religion that's created by the flimsey wind and doctrines of men.

Kbragg, listen to me. As women we naturally 'yield' to the men we love....yes...we do. And we do this without resistance; yes even when we are challenged with a disagreement, we as women softly yield to the men we love. It's as softly and as graceful as a dance ... in the soft graces that a dancer follows beautiful music, likewise to them we softly yield. (What are you trying to say here? That my hubby has "weaned me away" from my blackness? Sorry, I lost my black card 20 years ago for "talking white" and "being smart":lachen: , hubby wasn't even in the picture)

For, God said to Eve..."... your desire will be to your husband." (Gen 3).

And "K", it's a beautiful thing to do...to yield for it fits us as women.
"K", it becomes assimilation, in marrige it becomes one. The love you feel with your white husband is beautiful and it will remain such. But listen to me...'do not lose who you are in the beauty of your origin...Black. (this is kind of insulting)
Angel, I know what I speak of... for I've been dancing.

Thank God for a man unafraid to love us, be he White or Black. But I thank God even more for this man of ours...BlkManWithSomeSense, who has taken the sandpaper damage that has abraised who we are, and has instead, silkened our beauty and our heritage, eternally.

"Lady K" ;) A new dance is evolving... a new rhythm and rhymn. It's called, yielding to presevation of a Rich wonder of life...us. Trusting and loving who we are forever.

Ummmm...ok....I'm not going to make assumptions about what you're saying, but if your implying that I am some how a "sell out" or "less black" or "losing myself" because my husband is white, well, I'll pray for you. Gods love transends race, gender, or ethic origin, period. To think otherwise is iodlatry. PRIDE is one thing God HATEs. Read Proverbs and see what I mean. Praying for you and praying for all who hide racism behind the guise of racial pride. God Bless.:perplexed

Last edited:

pebbles

kbragg said:
Ummmm...ok....I'm not going to make assumptions about what you're saying, but if your implying that I am some how a "sell out" or "less black" or "losing myself" because my husband is white, well, I'll pray for you. Gods love transends race, gender, or ethic origin, period. To think otherwise is iodlatry. PRIDE is one thing God HATEs. Read Proverbs and see what I mean. Praying for you and praying for all who hide racism behind the guise of racial pride. God Bless.:perplexed

No, no, no. That is NOT what she was trying to say at all. :nono: You said you wouldn't make assumptions, but that's what you did. You didn't receive the post in the spirit in which it was given. For the record, Shimmie's sweetheart and soon to be hubby is a white man. No hidden racism here.

kbragg said:
Replying to BMWSS: Jesus loves me just as much as a white woman. He died for us BOTH. And we are supposed to have the mind of Christ. Jesus saves all and loves all regardless of their skin color, regardless of their sin, regardless of what their parents before them did. We are supposed to think and seek to be more like him. If we don't, if we think of ANY race as "better" than the other we have committed the sin of idolatry by exalting our ideals above God's truth. That goes both ways.

(I had posted this in another thread but thought it fit here too)

PS: I hope God sends ALL YA'LL white spouses just to break that stronghold!:lachen:The "religious" connection is nothing more than a root of pride seated in a superiority ideal which is NOT of God. Any time you set up something in your mind that does not line up with the TRUTH it's called idolatry. You've created a "race God" in your own mind (see 1st Commandment)...(ducking from the flying tomatoes:look:)

Please don't think I'm being mean, but I see this stronghold especially in our people. We believe somehow we're "better" just because of our race. The Truth is, ALL diversity is beautiful. The blonde haired blue eyed blonde is beautiful. The sexy sistah with the afro is beautiful. The Chinese woman with the JET BLACK hair is beautiful, and Christ died for them all so who are we to think we're better?

I dont believe that one race is greater than another. What I believe in is the right to have preferences. Choosing to date one race exclusively goes beyond the superficiality of mere skin color. It's not about superiority. I choose blk women exclusively because I feel her characteristics are so unique that no other race willl do for me. I've dated outside and it wasnt my cup of tea. I realized I needed someone who could associate deeply to me. If we were discussing Jews, Italians or the chinese, I dont think there would be much reisistance to what I'm saying. Every culture has their own individuality and african americans are no diffrerent. I have no issue with any sista who dates outside her race, thats her choice to do so. However generalities only go so far and yes men are men to a degree but there are cultural and philosophical differences between the races among men.

Okay real talk, IMO, Shimmie was speaking about deep seeded issues she held in for so long and that she excluded blk men from contention as possible mates. So basically she was already DATING outside her race but just wasnt giving BLK MEN any time of the day. The religious connection is more than just pride. It's about having a connection with someone who not only understands but also relates.

I carry a mind of Christ but I also deal with certain existing realities and I invoke my right to choose. Yes jesus isn't worried about skin color and he just wants us to find equally yoked mates. However, I still live in a world that occasionally excludes me because of the color of my skin and I need someone who understands this long standing alienation up close and personal. My personal preferences are based on my own reality.

I wont say anymore on the topic because I'm sure this thread is going to be closed soon. It's going away from the original intention of the OP.

Last edited:

kbragg

pebbles said:
No, no, no. That is NOT what she was trying to say at all. :nono: You said you wouldn't make assumptions, but that's what you did. You didn't receive the post in the spirit in which it was given. For the record, Shimmie's sweetheart and soon to be hubby is a white man. No hidden racism here.

Sorry Shimmie! Please forgive me momentary rant!:look: I had 5 surgical extrations on Monday and am still swollen...must be the meds! I jumped tp conclusions to sonn (Arg! I'm hearing my hubby's oice in my head telling me "you need to think before you speak:perplexed) So sorry! Forgive me?:(

kbragg

BlkManWithSomeSense said:
I dont believe that one race is greater than another. What I believe in is the right to have preferences. Choosing to date one race exclusively goes beyond the superficiality of mere skin color. It's not about superiority. I choose blk women exclusively because I feel her characteristics are so unique that no other race willl do for me. I've dated outside and it wasnt my cup of tea. I realized I needed someone who could associate deeply to me. If we were discussing Jews, Italians or the chinese, I dont think there would be much reisistance to what I'm saying. Every culture has their own individuality and african americans are no diffrerent. I have no issue with any sista who dates outside her race, thats her choice to do so. However generalities only go so far and yes men are men to a degree but there are cultural and philosophical differences between the races among men.

Okay real talk, IMO, Shimmie was speaking about deep seeded issues she held in for so long and that she excluded blk men from contention as possible mates. So basically she was already DATING outside her race but just wasnt giving BLK MEN any time of the day. The religious connection is more than just pride. It's about having a connection with someone who not only understands but also relates.

I carry a mind of Christ but I also deal with certain existing realities and I invoke my right to choose. Yes jesus isn't worried about skin color and he just wants us to find equally yoked mates. However, I still live in a world that occasionally excludes me because of the color of my skin and I need someone who understands this long standing alienation up close and personal. My personal preferences are based on my own reality.

I wont say anymore on the topic because I'm sure this thread is going to be closed soon. It's going away from the original intention of the OP.

Ok, I get what you're saying now...I was trippin' dude, blame the meds:perplexed . My apology extends to you as well (there's hubby's voice in my head again:look: Hmmmmm, maybe God chose Him for me because he knows what he's talking about....maybe I should listen to him:eek: If word ever gets out to my hubby that I said I need to listen to him, I will know it came from this forum! Don't mess wit me, I got friends yo! West Siiiieeede!:lachen:)

kbragg said:
Ok, I get what you're saying now...I was trippin' dude, blame the meds:perplexed . My apology extends to you as well (there's hubby's voice in my head again:look: Hmmmmm, maybe God chose Him for me because he knows what he's talking about....maybe I should listen to him:eek: If word ever gets out to my hubby that I said I need to listen to him, I will know it came from this forum! Don't mess wit me, I got friends yo! West Siiiieeede!:lachen:)

LOL:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:

pebbles

kbragg said:
Sorry Shimmie! Please forgive me momentary rant!:look: I had 5 surgical extrations on Monday and am still swollen...must be the meds! I jumped tp conclusions to sonn (Arg! I'm hearing my hubby's oice in my head telling me "you need to think before you speak:perplexed) So sorry! Forgive me?:(

Not to worry, Kbragg. No harm done. :)

Shimmie

Staff member
:kiss: To each of you...

May I share this and I'll be back later after Service.

Last night I was out the 'the girls' :lol: We are each so close. For years, we've shared so much in our lives, much of our life is in the Arts... we study cultural Dance together so you can imagine how active our lives are. Yes, we're all Black (30's/40's - I'm 21) and we each have 'rhythm' :lol: My point is, we're Black and we are one...truly knitted together as one.

But there's one thing that supercedes our love for the Arts. Lying before the Lord in prayer for Him to have His glory in our lives. Each month we alternate our homes and we gather for fellowship and prayer.

Last night was powerful, as always the Holy Spirit moved and a word was given that lines up with each of our lives and the word of God.

Look at ths...

ONLY the Holy Spirit and I shared this. Last night I was praying within my heart for peace between us on this forum. But notably and especially in this thread. I didn't want those of you, that I've grown to care so much about to be upset or stressed.

Each of you play a very special role in my heart and it wasn't the thread I cared about, it was each of you.

I didn't get home until after 2:00 a.m. but what I saw when I logged in was that the Holy Spirit moved in each of you beautifully.

Look at the timing. At 7:00 p.m. (est) we arrived at the house for our opening fellowship (dinner, conversation, sharing the word, prayer needs). At 10:00 p.m. we began prayer and intercession, the Holy Spirit released us at approx. 1:00 a.m. The time of the last post in this thread last night was 12:55 a.m. During the time that you were reading and communicating, each of you were in my heart and prayers.

The truth is, the Holy Spirit dwells within the hearts of each you so richly. So how could anyone of you not be yielded anyway.

Pebs and BlkMan, you both are so instrumental to my spiritual growth and what the Holy Spirit has been dealing with me about lately.

Know this, the two of you are being used of God mightily in my life.

Please do not think less of the importance you both are in my life and my heart. God is bringing me into a new dimension in Him and He's using both of you...I'll share something later about this. Just know that it is something wonderful.

I love you Pebs, BlkManWSS, and "Lady K" ;). :kiss:

'BlkMan', you are so faithful. May I share another word that the Holy Spirit gave me?

"The First Law of Nature is Preservation"

One of my friends spoke this out and my girls know nothing about this thread or it's contents.

Yet, this has been one of the underlying issues of this thread, preserving us as a people. It's a (quote/un-quote) religion that is a law. Thank you wise-man. ;)

Shimmie

Staff member
pebbles said:
:lol: Thou must be a Phophetess....:lachen: Pebs, I saw these words and thought, " I knew I shouldn't had that extra glass of 'Holy Water' last night. I've been drinking too much Perrier and 'straight' at that. :lol:

But see, the Lord has been dealing with me regarding this. What are my motives, here regarding him? Are they pure? Look at the word that's been in my heart regarding this. "Trust Me" ......... "Wait".

Pebs, I refuse to move without God....and in this I have total peace. No official commitment has been made between us. Right now, God has us both at peace; he knows God is dealing with me and he honors it.

But Pebs, I am NOT moving without God.

God's word in Psalm 46:10 says, Be still and know that I am God. It says further down, 'God is in the midst of her...and she shall not be moved.'

I have so glad to have the Holy Spirit in my heart. God speaks, Shimmie listens.

I'm still laughing ....:lol: Pebs, you scared me -- I thought I was married and didn't know it....:lol: 3:00 a.m. is not the time to see those words...I was too shook up to reply...:lol: My thought was, "..What 'I' miss?" ;) Those 24 years :)rolleyes:) were coming to an end and I wasn't prepared.

Nuff said....:lol:

Love you Sweetheart. I'll be back later. We needs to talk :lol: but now it's time to leave for church...(hugs and blessings)

pebbles

Shimmie said:
:lol: Thou must be a Phophetess....:lachen: Pebs, I saw these words and thought, " I knew I shouldn't had that extra glass of 'Holy Water' last night. I've been drinking too much Perrier and 'straight' at that. :lol:

But see, the Lord has been dealing with me regarding this. What are my motives, here regarding him? Are they pure? Look at the word that's been in my heart regarding this. "Trust Me" ......... "Wait".

Pebs, I refuse to move without God....and in this I have total peace. No official commitment has been made between us. Right now, God has us both at peace; he knows God is dealing with me and he honors it.

But Pebs, I am NOT moving without God.

God's word in Psalm 46:10 says, Be still and know that I am God. It says further down, 'God is in the midst of her...and she shall not be moved.'

I have so glad to have the Holy Spirit in my heart. God speaks, Shimmie listens.

I'm still laughing ....:lol: Pebs, you scared me -- I thought I was married and didn't know it....:lol: 3:00 a.m. is not the time to see those words...I was too shook up to reply...:lol: My thought was, "..What 'I' miss?" ;) Those 24 years :)rolleyes:) were coming to an end and I wasn't prepared.

Nuff said....:lol:

Love you Sweetheart. I'll be back later. We needs to talk :lol: but now it's time to leave for church...(hugs and blessings)

Well, we are told to prophesy! LOL!! :lol: Sorry, sweetie! Didn't mean to jump the gun on that one!:p

Seriously, I find myself in the same situation, as you know. I won't move without God. I've suffered greatly in this area because I didn't wait on the Lord. I won't be making that mistake again. :)

Shimmie

Staff member
pebbles said:
Well, we are told to prophesy! LOL!! :lol: Sorry, sweetie! Didn't mean to jump the gun on that one!:p

Seriously, I find myself in the same situation, as you know. I won't move without God. I've suffered greatly in this area because I didn't wait on the Lord. I won't be making that mistake again. :)
Hey Darlin' :kiss:

I ain't mad about the gun jump; it was the click, click of the gun barrell and then boom! that scared me. :lol:

Pebs, you how 'high' we are coming out of prayer? Okay, it's about 2:30 - 3:00 a.m. when I saw this in your post. Pebs, I thought the man was here and that I'd forgotten about him. I thought I had married him and nobody told me. :lol:

I was looking around the room thinking I'd 'missed' something. But he was still home in Florida. I was a little 'shook' there for a minute, though. :lol: I heard a sound and all I could think was... "Lawd...it dat you....is dat you Lawd up in here?"

I'm just kidding...having fun; for the joy of the Lord is our strength. ;)

Last night, the word came forth during prayer that God was re-arranging the way I've been spending my time...change is paramount.

Pebs, I love Jesus so much...so, so much. I'm in such a good place with the Lord right now. I'm not afraid to trust God with my life. In all that I do, Jesus must be at the 'helm'. I refuse to live without Him as the center of my life's decisions.

Pebs, just think about this:

For the Holy Spirit of God to love me enough to embrace me and say, "Trust Me........Wait", Pebs....Gee Whiz, that is powerful. How can I not love Him back and lovingly yield to Him saying, "Yes, Lord...I hear you and trust you I will." It's all about Jesus. I do mean, all.

Shimmie

Staff member
kbragg said:

"Lady K" ;) ....... Come here, angel. Embracing you as my sister, "Forgive me." For in my attempt 'fix' a misunderstanding, I made you feel badly and it was not my intention. The things I've been sharing in my posts is how the Holy Spirit has been dealing with me.

God chastises those whom He loves...it's obvious that God really loves me for He is not letting up on me with this issue. :lol:

"K", no matter what, I will always support you and your husband. You have my promise. I cherish the gift of marriage for it is also my call into the ministry...keeping wives encouraged.

I prayed for you, BlkMan and Pebbles last night. I carried each of you in my heart to our prayer session. I didn't care about the thread...I just cared about each of your feelings. That's what matters above all of this...your feelings. What you shared about your family in your other thread, made me very sad. God dealt with me about this after I logged off. You should have their support, but know this, you have ours.

Lady K, from this moment on, every curse that has been spoken over you, your children, your husband and your marriage, is hereby rendered null and void and utterly destroyed.

Only the blessings of the Lord shall prevail over you from this day forward and it availethed much. The blessings of the Lord are upon each of you richly and He adds no sorrow to it. In Jesus' name, Amen and Amen.

MuseofTroy

The fact that you have great male role models in your family is fantastic and a blessing because there are a lot of women who don't even have the basic foundation of how a man should treat a woman. Believe it or not you and a lot of other women need to start making better CHOICES in the mates we pick. People are so afraid of being single that they rush to the first thing that gives us attention. Being single is probably one of the best times for a Christian woman because she can develop a closer relationship with God and find out who she is as a person. I think many Christian women need to pray for patience and have faith that God will send the one he wants his to be with. In the mean time work within yourself and find out the root of your trust issues.

Shimmie

Staff member
BlkManWithSomeSense said:
I dont believe that one race is greater than another. What I believe in is the right to have preferences. Choosing to date one race exclusively goes beyond the superficiality of mere skin color. It's not about superiority.

Neither do I. It just 'appeared that I was being 'treated' better by White men than Black. And truthfully, I was. However, I do see it's because of the Role models each have had to pattern themselves by. "The Cosby Show" and it's family structure wasn't a 'reality' for many of our lives.

I choose blk women exclusively because I feel her characteristics are so unique that no other race willl do for me. I've dated outside and it wasnt my cup of tea. I realized I needed someone who could associate deeply to me. If we were discussing Jews, Italians or the chinese, I dont think there would be much reisistance to what I'm saying. Every culture has their own individuality and african americans are no diffrerent. I have no issue with any sista who dates outside her race, thats her choice to do so. However generalities only go so far and yes men are men to a degree but there are cultural and philosophical differences between the races among men.

To many Black women, you appear as 'Naww Uhhhhhh'. This ain't no brotha'. He got a tan, that' all. :lol: BlkMan you even 'type' like a White man....no slang, no 'yo - homey -yo's'...you don't even curse to add 'strength' to your points. You do have some sense and you present it. Come on...how many like you do we really see? :lol:

I have to pull out my dictionary, Bible and English literature courses. The latest word was 'Commonalites'.....I'm serious. I didn't know what it meant. I thought you made a 'typo'... ;) But you never make typos either. Geee whizzz.

When I showed one of your earlier posts to my 'girls' they were too through... :lol: :lol: :lol: We all dropped our White men....:lol: They're in a heap somewhere in the woods where we left them. :sekret: :look: (j/k).

Okay real talk, IMO, Shimmie was speaking about deep seeded issues she held in for so long and that she excluded blk men from contention as possible mates.

Yes. I was afraid to trust them. But does this make sense? I loved them just that much to back away. It was always the same approach. A 'brother' would express or show interest; he'd gain my trust and then act like a fool.

In the case of my first Pastor, I lived right and he didn't. We (our Church) prayed, supported and forgave him (we all fall short). Yet, time and again, he didn't live up to what he preached. It was a BIG mess. And this just blew me away.

So basically she was already DATING outside her race but just wasnt giving BLK MEN any time of the day.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Gee whiz, I wasn't that cold...

I live and work in a predominately White world and so do my friends. We literally 'left' the 'hood' so to speak (no offense to anyone) because we saw and wanted more. But that's what we're supposed to do...progress. "Why sit we here til' we die?"

Well, it was the White men who approached us and wanted to stay. The interest they showed was sincere and there weren't any 'reindeer games'.

The religious connection is more than just pride. It's about having a connection with someone who not only understands but also relates.

This is where God has been dealing with my heart. I love and I miss something about Black men. I no longer want this alienation that's been in my heart to rule. I miss being 'Black.' I've never been mistreated in the White world that I've been a part of. I love and enjoy my White friends, but I just miss, being 'Black.' :(

The two male Black friends that I have are 'gay'. I love them. They 'know' my feelings about their lifestyle. But these two men show nothing but love for me. But my interaction with them is extremely limited. I'm not speaking of physical intimacy. I'm speaking of Black male friends in my life outside of family.

I carry a mind of Christ but I also deal with certain existing realities and I invoke my right to choose. Yes jesus isn't worried about skin color and he just wants us to find equally yoked mates.

However, I still live in a world that occasionally excludes me because of the color of my skin and I need someone who understands this long standing alienation up close and personal. My personal preferences are based on my own reality.

I hear you and totally agree. Here in Maryland, there are still many stores that 'we' walk into and are 'watched'....... There is still a bigoted and crazy mindset that all Blacks steal and can't be trusted. I'm thinking about creating a list of these stores and having our local media explore it as Consumer Awareness.'

I wont say anymore on the topic because I'm sure this thread is going to be closed soon.
It's going away from the original intention of the OP.

Angel, please say all you want because it's healing to my heart and soul.

I'm posting what God is doing in my heart...His healing within 'us' as a people.

Trusting our Men Again...

Ephesians 2:13-22

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For he is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken down the middle wall of partition between us;

15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

16 And that he might reconcile both unto God in one body by the cross, having slain the enmity thereby:

17 And came and preached peace to you which were afar off, and to them that were nigh.

18 For through him we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.

19 Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God;

20 And are built upon the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ himself being the chief corner stone;

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together groweth unto an holy temple in the Lord:

22 In whom ye also are builded together for an habitation of God through the Spirit.

---------------------

"We who sometimes were afar off...no longer alienated...but brought nigh unto one another (fitly joined together) by the Blood of Jesus... Amen."

Last edited:

cocoberry10

MuseofTroy said:
The fact that you have great male role models in your family is fantastic and a blessing because there are a lot of women who don't even have the basic foundation of how a man should treat a woman. Believe it or not you and a lot of other women need to start making better CHOICES in the mates we pick. People are so afraid of being single that they rush to the first thing that gives us attention. Being single is probably one of the best times for a Christian woman because she can develop a closer relationship with God and find out who she is as a person. I think many Christian women need to pray for patience and have faith that God will send the one he wants his to be with. In the mean time work within yourself and find out the root of your trust issues.

I think this is very good advice. And the bolded part speaks volumes! :)

cocoberry10

I just watched "The Wire" an HBO series On-Demand last night. It's one of the few shows on tv that I do watch.

I thought this would apply well to this topic. This season, it followed 4 eighth grade boys in Baltimore who live in a rough neighborhood. What I love about the show is that it doesn't depict anyone in a slanted light (the cops aren't all "good," the drug dealers aren't "bad") and it really shows the failure of the system and how our kids/men end up where they do.

Although I know not all Black men come from bad neighborhoods or upbringings, watching this show did make me realize that the world really does have it out for our men. I've also begun seeing from males in my own life, how sometimes no one really shows them love like they should. Therefore, when they get to be in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, etc. they have no idea how to be in a successful relationship.

I grew up in a 2 parent home, with a successful father, who was very loving to my mother, sisters, and I. However, a lot of Black men, even those growing up with 2 parents are not seeing good examples of healthy, loving couples.

I can't tell you how many of my black male friends have shared that they witnessed abuse (father beating mother; mother beating father), one parent cheating (seemed to be the father most of the time, although women do cheat), fathers not respecting their wives in public and private, fathers on drugs, alcohol, etc. It makes it really difficult to love women, when no one taught you how to value them. Just more food for thought, I'll add more later.

Zeal

What I dun walked up in? I think I need to go to post 1.

See you in a hour or two.

Shimmie

Staff member
cocoberry10 said:
I just watched "The Wire" an HBO series On-Demand last night. It's one of the few shows on tv that I do watch.

I thought this would apply well to this topic. This season, it followed 4 eighth grade boys in Baltimore who live in a rough neighborhood. What I love about the show is that it doesn't depict anyone in a slanted light (the cops aren't all "good," the drug dealers aren't "bad") and it really shows the failure of the system and how our kids/men end up where they do.

Although I know not all Black men come from bad neighborhoods or upbringings, watching this show did make me realize that the world really does have it out for our men. I've also begun seeing from males in my own life, how sometimes no one really shows them love like they should. Therefore, when they get to be in their 20's, 30's, 40's, 50's, etc. they have no idea how to be in a successful relationship.

I grew up in a 2 parent home, with a successful father, who was very loving to my mother, sisters, and I. However, a lot of Black men, even those growing up with 2 parents are not seeing good examples of healthy, loving couples.

I can't tell you how many of my black male friends have shared that they witnessed abuse (father beating mother; mother beating father), one parent cheating (seemed to be the father most of the time, although women do cheat), fathers not respecting their wives in public and private, fathers on drugs, alcohol, etc. It makes it really difficult to love women, when no one taught you how to value them. Just more food for thought, I'll add more later.

This is so key....:(

cocoberry10

Shimmie said:
This is so key....:(

Yeah, it took me a long time to realize this, but I think the lack of strong male role models for Black men makes it so hard for them to be in good relationships.

A lot of Black women get angry when they see Black men with women of other races. But I realize that a good man is a good man, and they really don't treat those non-Black women better than they treated us, no matter how it seems.

I'll have more later...

Shimmie

Staff member
cocoberry10 said:
Yeah, it took me a long time to realize this, but I think the lack of strong male role models for Black men makes it so hard for them to be in good relationships.

A lot of Black women get angry when they see Black men with women of other races. But I realize that a good man is a good man, and they really don't treat those non-Black women better than they treated us, no matter how it seems.

I'll have more later...

Coco, this is so true. Sometimes I believe God saved us from further grief. I look at O.J. Simpson. While it is so tragic that those two lives were taken and so brutally, it could have been one of us. And a Black woman that God's purpose would have been aborted.......

Just a thought....