Trusting Our Black Men - Can We Love and Still Not Trust the Men We Love?

Enchantmt

Progress...not perfection
I havent read this thread, but I will give my initial thoughts. Contrary to popular belief, love isnt, or shouldnt be, blind. If you love blindly (not the same as unconditionally) you lack wisdom. I have two nieces whom I LOVE dearly. Yet you better believe I wont leave them alone in a room with my wallet for two seconds together. Have I forgiven them for things they've done? Yes. But I dont open myself up to let them take advantage of me repeatedly. You can forgive while setting boundaries and protecting yourself.

temfash

I havent read this thread, but I will give my initial thoughts. Contrary to popular belief, love isnt, or shouldnt be, blind. If you love blindly (not the same as unconditionally) you lack wisdom. I have two nieces whom I LOVE dearly. Yet you better believe I wont leave them alone in a room with my wallet for two seconds together. Have I forgiven them for things they've done? Yes. But I dont open myself up to let them take advantage of me repeatedly. You can forgive while setting boundaries and protecting yourself.

I totally agree with you on this.