Trim Only?

inthepink

I've seen a few posters mention that they've gone to places like Supercuts or the Hair Cuttery for a trim. I'm wondering if you go in with your hair already washed/straightened etc and ask for only a trim? The reason I ask is that I really want to go without professional heat for 6 months but I would like to get a professional trim without all of the hassle.

NAY007

one time when i got my hair trimmed i asked my "hair trimmer" (cause that's all she does to my hair:) if it is easier for her to trim my hair when it's wet or blown dried straight. she told me that actually she can see the damaged (split) ends better when the hair is dry and then she can see how MUCH she really has to cut off instead of the hair being wet and just cutting of a whole inch you know? so since then i always come in with straight dry hair. i like that a lot better. and afterwards my hair always looks and feels soo healthy.

miss_brown

The few times I went into Hair Cuttery, I had already blown my own hair out. Frankly, I didn't trust anyone in there to straighten my hair, plus, it was cheaper like that.

Chaya

I only go in with my hair freshly washed and wrapped. I let it down and its nice and straight and they DUST trim it. I actually ask them to only DUST my ends!
MY mother has natural hair and they trim it without having to straighten it and do a great job!