Transitioning...

Yep, I've decided to transition to natural. I'm tired of my hair breaking, and worrying about stretching and overlapping. My hair grew like a weed last time I went natural. This time I have more hair care knowledge and have weaned myself off hair bleach. I can't wait to embark on this journey. I'm jumping on the "nappy" bandwagon. Wish me luck!

FlawedBeauty

redRiot said:
Yep, I've decided to transition to natural. I'm tired of my hair breaking, and worrying about stretching and overlapping. My hair grew like a weed last time I went natural. This time I have more hair care knowledge and have weaned myself off hair bleach. I can't wait to embark on this journey. I'm jumping on the "nappy" bandwagon. Wish me luck!

I want to do the same but i dont want to cut my hair at all. is it possible to transition without cutting until you reach a longer length?

Country gal

Congrats. I love being a natural. I am sure you will enjoy it too. This board is a great support site for naturals.

Country gal

FlawedBeauty said:
I want to do the same but i dont want to cut my hair at all. is it possible to transition without cutting until you reach a longer length?

I did it. I didn't do the BC. I just cut off the relaxed ends as time went on.

redeemed516

FlawedBeauty said:

I transitioned for a year before i cut off my relaxed ends. You can do it for as long as you want. If you do just be prepared not to do a whole lot of manipulation to your hair as it may result in breakage. I usually flat ironed my roots or wore braids, braid outs, twists, twist outs, or buns during the time. I finally just got fed up and cut it off. I can brush it back into a nice pony tail.

Robin41

Congratulations on your decision! There are lot of us transitioners on the board and all the naturals are sooo helpful with any questions we have. You're gonna breeze through your transition and we'll all get to the "other side" in no time at all.

Good luck!

Mestiza

to the Transitioning to Natural Family!

Mestiza

FlawedBeauty said:

Definitely! :yep: That's what I'm doing, a long transition. Thus far, it's a breeze. :drunk:

silvergirl

FlawedBeauty said:

yup yup im transitioning, so far its been a year and 2 months and i plan on doing at least a two yr transition.

silvergirl

redRiot said:

congrats!!.........

Sweet_Ambrosia

FlawedBeauty said:

Yep, it's definitely possible.
I've been transitioning for over a year now, I plan to transition for 2 more years before I cut off any major length. :)

Thanks for all the support! I can't wait!! I was in a grocery store the other day and I kept creeping past the hair care section looking at the products for curly hair. I'm going to miss the carefree feel of relaxed hair, but I'm going to love going natural, once again.