Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

melissa-bee

Well i just finised flatironing my hair and i definitly have scab hair. It's like after the end of my new growth, and my comb was getting stuck at that point whilst combing it. This is going to be the downfall of my transition :sad:

morehairplease

I am officially 14 weeks post relaxer and after getting a 1" trim today I can not wait to get braid extensions for the remainder of the summer.

SherylsTresses

I just used my AO GPB shampoo, conditioner and DC w/ Humectin moisturizing conditioner. My hair has not responded well. I think my hair hates the AO GPB products. :sad:

I'll be returning to my Silicon Mix product line.

ZkittyKurls

:wavey:hey ladies!! its been awhile since i posted but ive been in a weave for 10 weeks..this tuesday. :timer:ive been counting the days on my scheduler in my phone. :meditate:hoping for the day that i decide to bc comes at a faster pace. i am currently, a yr and 5 1/2 weeks post relaxer...after i reached the 1 yr mark the excitement has dwindled and i am ready for the summer to be over since i wont be enjoying it as a natural, because i dont plan to bc until october.:pray: i am really considering getting yarn braids for the remainder of the summer because i am very lazy and weave maintenance is no joke!:pullhair: i will be taking out my weave in two weeks and will try to post pics of my hair..wish me luck cause i am starting to get bored with this transition and i am not bc'ing either. so some days it feels like i am stuck between a rock :campfire:and a hard place:couchfire:.

HHG!!

fivetimestwo

Uggh!!! I am a little upset today. I keep looking at my hair hoping to see more natural. At some point, I don't know if I can be a long-term transitioner. Maybe I am drama queening today, but I am gonna grow my hair really long to have to cut all of the relaxed off. That sucks.

This came on because I was checking my hair today and I am close to MBL, I am in the MBL challenge, but I thought I would post here since this is the transitioning thread.

Just curious as to what your goal length is? If it's somewhere around MBL you could just continue to trim a little as it grows and essentially you won't lose any length, you'll just be maintaining it and eventually it will be all natural. I totally get where you're coming from though, which is why I'm not chopping until my natural hair is at least APL (my current length).

Jewell

11 months post coming up Tues., June 22. One more month, and it'll be a year! I plan on a long transition, like 3 yrs or longer, so that I always have long hair. My BC before to a TWA during my 1st transition in '08 was a lil too drastic in the long run, although it was uber liberating when I did it! :)

Gleek

I am about 34 weeks post and I am so tired of my hair. When I wet bun it never dries and is a bit of a pain. When I wear it straight (flat ironed) it looks thin compared to my new growth. I don't want to chop or relax. I guess I am just annoyed.

\end rant

Last edited:

ycj1

Just checking in!

I'm 27 months post and anticipate straightening my hair today for a length check. It's an all day event so I'm not really looking forward to it. Hopefully all goes well and it lasts as nicely as my previous length check in march.

HHG everyone!
You are my idol and champion to go that long! My ultimate goal of transitioning is about 36 to 40 months!

You grow it girl!

lizzyb168

I just used my AO GPB shampoo, conditioner and DC w/ Humectin moisturizing conditioner. My hair has not responded well. I think my hair hates the AO GPB products. :sad:

I tried AO GPB, Honey suckle and camilla and my hair was like :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:!
I think my hair hates AO aswell. Oh well, i've gone back to mizani now and my hair is once again in love.

ladysaraii

I bought some of the AO line and my first impression wasn't favorable. I'm going to try it again to see.

But I really like Jason's tea Tree shampoo and I used BWC Rosemary and Tea Tree shampoo and it was nice. Coupled w/ TJ Nourish Spa and some other conditioners, I think I'm starting to get my staples down

CaliDiamond

Hey all!

I trimmed 1/2 inch off all over because my texlaxed hair started to fight with the new growth... It feels so much better now even though I am back to NL. In this fourth month my hair is starting to behave more "naturally" and I have had to switch a few products. I love it though. I look forward to month 12!!!

Last edited:

soon2bsl

Woo hoo... I'm 1 year post as of yesterday! So glad I've made it this far. I've been relaxed since age 3, and so glad I decided last June to go natural. I'm still looking at transitioning another 2 years atleast. Would love for my natural hair to reach MBL or WL before chopping the relaxed ends. To all you long term transitioners, keep up the good work ladies! It can be done. :)

Bun Mistress

Congrats! Keep it up.

Woo hoo... I'm 1 year post as of yesterday! So glad I've made it this far. I've been relaxed since age 3, and so glad I decided last June to go natural. I'm still looking at transitioning another 2 years atleast. Would love for my natural hair to reach MBL or WL before chopping the relaxed ends. To all you long term transitioners, keep up the good work ladies! It can be done. :)

chelleyrock

Hello ladies,

I ended my transition on June 10th, after 18 months. You can view my bc pics here.

Congrats to all the other bc'ers and good luck to everyone continuing with their transition.

Imani

Hello ladies,

I ended my transition on June 10th, after 18 months. You can view my bc pics here.

Congrats to all the other bc'ers and good luck to everyone continuing with their transition.

You have alot of hair for only 18! Looks good. Is the pic in your siggy also after the bc?

SherylsTresses

:hiya: I'll be 47 weeks post this weekend!

Since reading several posts on this site and CurlyNikki, I've decided to use organic products as much as possible, cowash every week, clarify every 6 weeks and follow-up w/ light protein treatment.

Hair plans for this weekend:
Detangle with conditioner/evoo/tea tree oil/p'mint oil/garlic powder
Put saturated hair into 6 loose braid with barrettes on ends
Cowash
Leave-in mixed with EVOO
Airdry with a middle part using scarf method
Burn or braided ponytail

Transitioning goal:
2 1/2 years transitioning
Cut at full APL stretched
No TWA or twists
Trim 1/2" every month

SherylsTresses

I bought some of the AO line and my first impression wasn't favorable. I'm going to try it again to see.

But I really like Jason's tea Tree shampoo and I used BWC Rosemary and Tea Tree shampoo and it was nice. Coupled w/ TJ Nourish Spa and some other conditioners, I think I'm starting to get my staples down

:hiya: Hi Ladysarai!

I'm going to try it again also. I probably should've DC much longer than I did. :rolleyes:

ladysaraii

:hiya: Hi Ladysarai!

I'm going to try it again also. I probably should've DC much longer than I did. :rolleyes:

Good luck! let us know how it works out for you.

I think I will try the clarifying shampoo this weekend and see how it goes.

With the AO line, I probably need to use these products one at a time

CaliDiamond

:hiya: I'll be 47 weeks post this weekend!

Since reading several posts on this site and CurlyNikki, I've decided to use organic products as much as possible, cowash every week, clarify every 6 weeks and follow-up w/ light protein treatment.

Hair plans for this weekend:
Detangle with conditioner/evoo/tea tree oil/p'mint oil/garlic powder
Put saturated hair into 6 loose braid with barrettes on ends
Cowash
Leave-in mixed with EVOO
Airdry with a middle part using scarf method
Burn or braided ponytail

Transitioning goal:
2 1/2 years transitioning
Cut at full APL stretched
No TWA or twists
Trim 1/2" every month

Congrats! This sounds like a great transitioning plan.:grin:

DivaMommy

I am 12 weeks 3 days post relaxer. Last night I washed with Avalon Organics Lemon Clarifying Shampoo, detangled with Aussie Moist, then deep cond with Hairveda Sitrinillah under my heat cap for 20 mins. I used Alba Botanica leave-in and sealed with coconut oil. I put a middle part in my hair (not all the way back) and allowed to air dry for a little over two hours. I covered with my satin scarf, did one big two strand twist on the length and rolled it on a stain covered roller. My hair is so soft this morning that I can't keep my hands out of it! I think I had developed build up from co-washing so much.