Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Well, my transitioning journey is over after 2 years. I was anxious about wearing my short hair in public, but this afternoon, I sported my twa to my niece's game. I like it but I'm still craving more length, so I will continue with protective styling. Here are a few photos.

Congrats!!!! I remember when you started. ;)

Your hair looks lovely!

EnExitStageLeft

sharifeh

No, those are stretched lengths. I grow painfully slow, so I probably won't have too much length when I big chopped.

havilland

Girl I was close. I'm just above APL and I have about 2-3 inches of relaxed ends all around.

xu93texas

GIRLLLLLLL YAS! I'll be in here begging for advice after awhile :lol:. #PrepareYourselves.

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Well, my transitioning journey is over after 2 years. I was anxious about wearing my short hair in public, but this afternoon, I sported my twa to my niece's game. I like it but I'm still craving more length, so I will continue with protective styling. Here are a few photos.
Not short at all, lady! Love your curls and waves.

EnExitStageLeft

trclemons

Its the exact video that inspired me to cut 5 inches off :yep:.

While I wasn't keeping the length for vanity (I wig 90% of the time due to sheer laziness :lol:), I was however keeping it around for no real reason. I will be BC'in soon, so why keep something I won't be wearing *shrugs*.

When I seen how happy she was....I was like, "Oh yeah, there gone". Pulled off my conditioning cap(yes my hair was full of Deep Conditioner) and snipped off 3-4 inches all around. I cleaned the trim up after I blow dried and girl.....

It felt/looked awesome.

havilland

trclemons Its the exact video that inspired me to cut 5 inches off :yep:. While I wasn't keeping the length for vanity (I wig 90% of the time due to sheer laziness :lol:), I was however keeping it around for no real reason. I will be BC'in soon, so why keep something I won't be wearing *shrugs*. When I seen how happy she was....I was like, "Oh yeah, there gone". Pulled off my conditioning cap(yes my hair was full of Deep Conditioner) and snipped off 3-4 inches all around. I cleaned the trim up after I blow dried and girl..... It felt/looked awesome.

Ummmm are u gonna post a picture or what???? ;)

baddison

natural for good
I'm one year post, and you ladies are gonna push me off the edge...lol! :grin::grin:

Y'all making me feel like BC'ing right now. Loving all the progress reports of the BC'ers!! Still tryna hold out for my 2-year timeline.....hmmmmm. We'll see.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Honey Bee

Last night, I did a wng. Aside from the ends :lol:, it didn't look terrible. I wasn't even using real gel and there were coils everywhere (except my wack patch in the front :ohwell:). They were frizzy, my little caterpillars, lol, but I'm working on that.

I could bc right now and have a cute little coily fro, I just don't wanna. :lol: I'm now in the 'awkward stage', as I hear it, around 6" depending on shrinkage (a lot!).

Lady Aphrodite, my personal goddess, please grant me the strength to forge ahead toward beauty. It is a harrowing road but well worth it. Amen. :meditate: :kiss3:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm one year post, and you ladies are gonna push me off the edge...lol! :grin::grin:

Y'all making me feel like BC'ing right now. Loving all the progress reports of the BC'ers!! Still tryna hold out for my 2-year timeline.....hmmmmm. We'll see.:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Stay focused lady, you can do it!! baddison

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

TamaraShaniece

Ayurvedic Life
I'm feeling that BC itch too. My natural hair is entirely more manageable then my relaxed ends. I haven't BC b/c my length allows me to stretch my new growth and wear long lasting PS. image-4137658171.jpg
image-760705858.jpg

Last edited:

PlainJane

The last few times I've braided my hair up, I've felt a few patches of hair that are only about two inches long but are extremelyyyy soft and short like they are just now growing in. Does anyone else have these random pieces of hair? I thought it was breakage but they are a completely different texture than the rest of my hair and short.

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
I'm feeling that BC itch too. My natural hair is entirely more manageable then my relaxed ends. I haven't BC b/c my length allows me to stretch my new growth and wear long lasting PS.
my natural hair was definitely easier to manage it didn't tangle but my permed ends would tangle badly. That coupled with me cutting random pieces because I wanted to see how my natural hair looked pushed me to bc earlier than planned. I was also sick of ps'ing.

GettingKinky

After the roots of my flat ironed hair reverted, I couldn't get a comb through them to save my life. I was starting to think I'm not going to go natural, I'll just go back to texlaxing. But this morning I spritzed my roots with water then rubbed in a little oil and DB daily leave in conditioner and the comb went through like a hot knife through butter! So I'm going to keep transitioning. I just passed 6 months last week. :smile:

kellistarr

Looks like I need to change my avatar! I guess I'm not an official member of this Thread anymore, but of course, I'm going to come in anyway and continue to follow you all on your journeys. After 13 months, I decide to do my BC today because it was wash day and I just didn't want to pamper my relaxed hair, (that I was going to end up chopping off anyway), anymore. I didn't want to do it anymore!

Photo on 2014-12-17 at 12.27 #4.jpg

Photo on 2014-12-17 at 16.52.jpg

Photo on 2014-12-17 at 16.52 #3.jpg

I'm feeling truly organic!

havilland

Looks like I need to change my avatar! I guess I'm not an official member of this Thread anymore, but of course, I'm going to come in anyway and continue to follow you all on your journeys. After 13 months, I decide to do my BC today because it was wash day and I just didn't want to pamper my relaxed hair, (that I was going to end up chopping off anyway), anymore. I didn't want to do it anymore! I'm feeling truly organic!

Purty purty purty!!!!! Gawgus! Congrats. ;)

trclemons

Looks like I need to change my avatar! I guess I'm not an official member of this Thread anymore, but of course, I'm going to come in anyway and continue to follow you all on your journeys. After 13 months, I decide to do my BC today because it was wash day and I just didn't want to pamper my relaxed hair, (that I was going to end up chopping off anyway), anymore. I didn't want to do it anymore!

View attachment 288733

View attachment 288735

View attachment 288737

Congratulations, you and your hair are beautiful!

baddison

natural for good

View attachment 288733

View attachment 288735

View attachment 288737

congrats!! simply beautiful!!!

kellistarr

Thanks for all the support!! I feel even happier that ya'll are happy for me. I am, eventually, going to go to a shop (somewhere like "Great Cuts", or Borics, this is where I usually go) to get it shaped up a bit. I'm not looking forward to blowing out my hair and getting a full view of what my BC really looks like! So, I'll give it a few weeks. It is morning and I haven't taken off my satin cap. There was no pineapple, for me. Uhh, feeling a little apprehensive. . . . .

naija24

i seriously feel like big chopping this weekend. where should i get my big chop done? I found a few places but I dont' think I should pay more than $100 for a haircut. No way. I was thinking like a supercuts or hair cuttery. Where did yall do your big chop? I am not confident enough to do it by myself.

I'd like to pay like 30 bucks. LOL

Cattypus1

All loced up...
i seriously feel like big chopping this weekend. where should i get my big chop done? I found a few places but I dont' think I should pay more than $100 for a haircut. No way. I was thinking like a supercuts or hair cuttery. Where did yall do your big chop? I am not confident enough to do it by myself. I'd like to pay like 30 bucks. LOL
I did it myself, by accident...then I went to see someone I trusted to clean it up.

almond eyes

i seriously feel like big chopping this weekend. where should i get my big chop done? I found a few places but I dont' think I should pay more than $100 for a haircut. No way. I was thinking like a supercuts or hair cuttery. Where did yall do your big chop? I am not confident enough to do it by myself.

I'd like to pay like 30 bucks. LOL

Go to a barber, they do not have to cut it too low tell them that. They charged me like $25 dollars. Do not do it yourself, a barber will shape it well.

Best,
Almond Eyes

Last edited: