Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

PlainJane

i had kind of a lot of breakage yesterday and lately. it was fine until now... im 1 year post. What is going on?? should i do a hard protein treatment? i still have relaxed ends. maymbe the démarcation line is getting fragile??
I'm having the same issue. I'm not sure wether to try moisture or protein. I'm trying to hide my hair now because the breakage seems mostly mechanical. My SO has even suggested I BC but I don't think he realizes what kind of shrinkage I'm dealing with.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
i had kind of a lot of breakage yesterday and lately. it was fine until now... im 1 year post. What is going on?? should i do a hard protein treatment? i still have relaxed ends. maymbe the démarcation line is getting fragile??

When was your last trim?

When was your last deep condition?

How often do you feel condition?

Have you used heat lately?

Do you Moisturize daily?

Do you wear your hair up or down?

What are your staple products?

Maybe I can help..... ;)

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
Soooo, I'm close to the end... and I have heat damage from my leave outs (when I wear weaves). AUUUUGH!. I used to wear a closure all of the time, until it literally died. (I couldn't revive it), and now I have a problem section of hair. Right now, it's soaking in conditioner.. but is there anything that I can do? I don't want pretty coils everywhere else, and scarecrow hair in the front. I've worked so hard :( :cry2:

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
I'm on my phone. I am not sure why my post is not showing.

But anyways I BC'ed yesterday. I don't regret it. Now i just need to figure out how to style my twa and bring out my curls/coils.

Congratulations on your BC and a new beginning!

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Soooo, I'm close to the end... and I have heat damage from my leave outs (when I wear weaves). AUUUUGH!. I used to wear a closure all of the time, until it literally died. (I couldn't revive it), and now I have a problem section of hair. Right now, it's soaking in conditioner.. but is there anything that I can do? I don't want pretty coils everywhere else, and scarecrow hair in the front. I've worked so hard :( :cry2:

First, do a hard protein treatment. Then weekly Continue to alternate moisturizing deep conditioning with light protein treatments. You may be able to revive your curls.

PlainJane

My "kitchen" wasn't cooperating so I cut it off. It looks so much better. Now I can wear my hair up without worrying.

Cherry89

1 year and 3 months relaxer free!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::lachen::lachen::drunk::lick:

Attachments

• 2014-12-13 07.21.47.jpg
    2014-12-13 07.21.47.jpg
    187.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 2014-12-13 07.20.46.jpg
    2014-12-13 07.20.46.jpg
    172.8 KB · Views: 92
  • 2014-12-13 07.19.44.jpg
    2014-12-13 07.19.44.jpg
    176.1 KB · Views: 102
Last edited:

Guinan

Re-Branding
I'm on my phone. I am not sure why my post is not showing.

But anyways I BC'ed yesterday. I don't regret it. Now i just need to figure out how to style my twa and bring out my curls/coils.

Congrats on the BC!! Have you looked into the MHM (Max hydration method)? It really helped me bring out my curls/coils. Knowing your porosity is sooo important.

There is a MHM thread called "MHM Hangout"

Cherry89

Thanks guys! It's been quite a journey. Did not even expect to transition, it sorta just happen. and I'm learning my hair more and more. I'm 25 I've had a perm since 7 to 8 years old and with two failed attempts to go natural.... This is the longest I've gone without a perm ...Could never pass 6 months, lol.

almond eyes

Love both their color and fros!! How many inches do you think either of their Afros have?

View attachment 288101

View attachment 288103

I can't necessarily tell the inches but if they did a complete big chop I would say that the first woman is about a year and a bit into her journey and the second woman looks like two years.

The first woman looks like about six inches

The second woman looks like about 8 to 12 inches.

Best,
Almond Eyes

trclemons

Well, my transitioning journey is over after 2 years. I was anxious about wearing my short hair in public, but this afternoon, I sported my twa to my niece's game. I like it but I'm still craving more length, so I will continue with protective styling.

Here are a few photos.

Attachments

• 20141214_101309.jpg
    20141214_101309.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 20141214_102821.jpg
    20141214_102821.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 91
  • 20141214_102832.jpg
    20141214_102832.jpg
    145.8 KB · Views: 89
  • 20141214_121852.jpg
    20141214_121852.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 106

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
Well, my transitioning journey is over after 2 years. I was anxious about wearing my short hair in public, but this afternoon, I sported my twa to my niece's game. I like it but I'm still craving more length, so I will continue with protective styling. Here are a few photos.
Very nice not a a TWA though :)

trclemons

stephanie75miller. Thank you. I guess I see it differently because it is such a big jump from my permed days in the attached pics.

Attachments

• 0831092053.jpg
    0831092053.jpg
    372.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 0807002003.jpg
    0807002003.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 71
  • 0612001539a.jpg
    0612001539a.jpg
    245.4 KB · Views: 77

Coilystep

@imperial_acquisitions
stephanie75miller. Thank you. I guess I see it differently because it is such a big jump from my permed days in the attached pics.
I miss my length but I'm enjoying this stage as well. I BC'd in August and my hair has grown a lot already. I ps'd for the majority of my 15 month transition. I really don't like ps'ing. I enjoy my loose hair to much. So I am in love with wash n goes and with me having to deal with my hair everyday has really taught me a lot so far. I think it I would continue to hide my hair I wouldn't learn what to do with my hair once I felt it was sufficiently long enough.

trclemons

I miss my length but I'm enjoying this stage as well. I BC'd in August and my hair has grown a lot already. I ps'd for the majority of my 15 month transition. I really don't like ps'ing. I enjoy my loose hair to much. So I am in love with wash n goes and with me having to deal with my hair everyday has really taught me a lot so far. I think it I would continue to hide my hair I wouldn't learn what to do with my hair once I felt it was sufficiently long enough.
Good point. I may need to rethink my plans.