Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

Britt

Amarilles, Keep posting here. It's nice to hear from the other side. :yep: Also Britt :look:, you clean dipped on us. :poke: :lol: I'm just slogging along... I've been wanting to straighten for a while now, but it's just so daggone humid. :nono: When fall breaks, I'ma be like, :gorgeous: :lol:

Lol ! I'm here! Peeking and waiting for some big chops lol

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-1465679703.jpg
    image-1465679703.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 82

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Hi lovelies! You may or may not (lol) realize i've been MIA most of the year but i'm back NOW! I've had to put my family life back together and now that i've accomplished that, my hair is moving back to a higher priority. I did attempt to transition to texlaxed but the many inconsistent results and a hole in my back hemline, I decided to transition to natural to place the health of my hair in my own hands ONLY. I'm currently just 9 weeks post relaxer and at APL but this damaged portion in the center back is only a few inches long so I don't even count that all my length. It doesn't really matter anyway because i'm going to be doing many trims over time. Please wish me luck ladies on my new journey to natural!! I haven't browsed the forum much but from what I can see, a lot of the ladies i'm familiar with are still going strong with beautiful hair and even some are completely natural now! I got a lot of catching up to do
Gurl...where you been at! Welcome back, I did notice. Glad your Fam life is on track. Good luck on your journey...I BC-ed in May at 10 mos. but I still lurk in here because there's lots of good info and pics.

xu93texas

Britt Two snaps and a clap for the Cuteness you were giving in that pic. Love that lippie! KiWiStyle Cattypus1 is 100% natchal' now :happydance: xu93texas Chopped to a fly *** pixie cut. That thang was LAIDDDDDDDD!

Much love to you EnExitStageLeft!! I miss my pixie, but I will not cut my hair again! My dd and I are trying to get to APL by summer of 2015.

KiWiStyle, So glad you're back!! Congrats on your decision to transition to natural. I keep flipping back and forth about transitioning. My last stretch was 6 months and it went well. I just got so tired of it and I gave in to the creamy crack. Pray for me! So tired of going back and forth. Right now, I'm 9 weeks post and not sure when I'll relax. You need to PM me. How was your big bday party?

Shout out to Cattypus1, you did it and I love your hair.

shortdub78, I'm still here. I'll hang out with you, for a while:)

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

GettingKinky

KiWiStyle. I'm glad you're back. We're about at the same point in our transitions. I'm at 12 weeks but I think I'll chop my bonelaxed ends off in January and then take years (3) to get rid of my texlaxed hair.

Evolving78

Much love to you EnExitStageLeft!! I miss my pixie, but I will not cut my hair again! My dd and I are trying to get to APL by summer of 2015.

KiWiStyle, So glad you're back!! Congrats on your decision to transition to natural. I keep flipping back and forth about transitioning. My last stretch was 6 months and it went well. I just got so tired of it and I gave in to the creamy crack. Pray for me! So tired of going back and forth. Right now, I'm 9 weeks post and not sure when I'll relax. You need to PM me. How was your big bday party?

Shout out to Cattypus1, you did it and I love your hair.

shortdub78, I'm still here. I'll hang out with you, for a while:)

Sent from my iPad using LHCF

Well we got the same goal so I'm down if you are. Lol

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Gurl...where you been at! Welcome back, I did notice. Glad your Fam life is on track. Good luck on your journey...I BC-ed in May at 10 mos. but I still lurk in here because there's lots of good info and pics.

Cattypus1 its so good to be chatting with you again, I missed y'all! I have to spend some time on my desktop to see all the part pics around here, I've missed so much.

Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
KiWiStyle. I'm glad you're back. We're about at the same point in our transitions. I'm at 12 weeks but I think I'll chop my bonelaxed ends off in January and then take years (3) to get rid of my texlaxed hair.

Thanks girl GettingKinky and congrats on transitioning to natural!! I cut several inches off my bonelaxee ends on Monday to have a clean and even beginning. I do miss it already but its still enough (barely) to do my inverted French braid as a protective style. I called my mom to ask what my hair texture was like as a child and she said, " it was soft nappy...not tha t hard and rough nappy". LOL, needless to say I still don't know what my natural texture is like.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
shortdub78 I'll pray for you girl but honestly we need to pray for each other because the thought of just stretching crossed my mind several times. The party was great, not what I had initially had in mind but it was perfect! I'll PM you.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
xu93texas, I wanna see your hair!! That pixie cut was so cute but I know it was out of necessity. I cut back SL and plan to be back to APL by 12 mos. post September 2015. I have lots of work to do!

xu93texas

xu93texas, I wanna see your hair!! That pixie cut was so cute but I know it was out of necessity. I cut back SL and plan to be back to APL by 12 mos. post September 2015. I have lots of work to do! Sent from my SM-N900V using LHCF

Hey, you'll make it back to APL in no time! Do you have any PS plans? Are you going to transition with roller sets?

I'm at NL now. Trying to get to SL by January 2015. I cut it all off this past January b/c I wanted a fresh look and I had some damage at the nape from a weave I took out Dec. 2013. I'm back to wearing wigs. Also, I love crochet braids! I'm thinking about taking it 6 months at a time. I've been on this relaxed/natural roller coaster for over 2 years :(

January 2014

image-3211867926.jpg

July 2014

image-2512604415.jpg

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Hey, you'll make it back to APL in no time! Do you have any PS plans? Are you going to transition with roller sets?

I'm at NL now. Trying to get to SL by January 2015. I cut it all off this past January b/c I wanted a fresh look and I had some damage at the nape from a weave I took out Dec. 2013. I'm back to wearing wigs. Also, I love crochet braids! I'm thinking about taking it 6 months at a time. I've been on this relaxed/natural roller coaster for over 2 years :(

January 2014

July 2014

xu93texas I have ways loved the fullness of your hair, I'm jealous! I can understand the rollercoaster but its like that sometimes to commit to such a daunting task. I have no plans but I should probably start doing roller sets because I'm walking around looking crazy.

ETA: WHOA, HOLD UP! Thats a lot of growth in only 6 months!!! You go girl!!!

Evolving78

xu93texas I have ways loved the fullness of your hair, I'm jealous! I can understand the rollercoaster but its like that sometimes to commit to such a daunting task. I have no plans but I should probably start doing roller sets because I'm walking around looking crazy.

ETA: WHOA, HOLD UP! Thats a lot of growth in only 6 months!!! You go girl!!!

Wigs girl. Not trying to do too much with the new growth. I got two that I wear. Come see us in the hide your hair challenge.

KiWiStyle

Realtor & Foodie
Wigs girl. Not trying to do too much with the new growth. I got two that I wear. Come see us in the hide your hair challenge.

I wish I could do wigs regularly. My hairline is extremely sensitive and I sweat in my head so wigs are a no go for me. As the weather gets Cooler, I might start doing my satin wig cap underneath a beanie when I go out...I'm pretty much at home now so I don't have to have professional hair everyday.

Amarilles

Struggle city. HAM town.

Currently doing the most to try and keep some length. :ohwell: I'm looking forward to getting those straight plates to see if they are able to stretch while keeping the curl pattern.

baddison

natural for good
Enjoying my transition thus far. 9-months post and still counting towards that 2year mark. It helps alot to hide away my hair for long periods of time. did these braids on Saturday, and hoping to keep them 'til mid-october.

Attachments

• photo_20140916_829469.jpg
    photo_20140916_829469.jpg
    497.8 KB · Views: 56
  • photo_20140916_846150.jpg
    photo_20140916_846150.jpg
    439.1 KB · Views: 79

ScorpioLove

I am one year and 2 weeks post. I don't even deal with my hair at all and I dont think I will for another 2years. Right now im in a kinky straight weave and I will keep this up until I dont feel bald with all the shrinkage. My hair feels like its ear length

I need to do better in my deep conditioning routine and find my hair vitamins. Mbl needs to come asap

PlainJane

I put my hair in about 8 plaits after adding my leave in then let my hair air dry and I was so surprised at how much it stretched my hair. There was no need to blow dry after I brushed each section with my new paddle brush. I didn't need to straighten it either but I decided to flat iron it so I could trim my ends and use my split ender. Banding was taking too long for me and I wasn't very good now that I have more growth. The only bad thing about air drying in plaits is you can't leave the house for quite a few hours lol. Hopefully this will keep me away from heat after my trim.