Transitioning without BC'ing Support Thread

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
Hey Ladies!

It's with a semi-heavy heart (I'm happy ya'll :yep: ) that my time here is over. After a day or two short of 31 months of my transitioning, I must announce that - I'm natural!

Today, I went for my yearly wash, blow dry, and flat iron. With a necessary trim (I hated it, but it was necessary as my ends were :nono: ), if I had any relaxed ends left, they are now gone!

The day went well. I visited a salon that specializes in natural hair (though heat is used often for clients). The stylist was very profession and respectable (e.g. no eating or any other craziness) and was okay with my hair (Okay, meaning not as good as my hands but I baby my hair, so there ya go). In other words, she's worth another trip. I didn't share my time with anyone else and for that, my experience was good. (I have no clue to what my curl pattern is or what my length is - I believe I'm a bsl-partially mbl - correct/help! Thanks!)

Since this story is worthless without pictures, here ya go:

you are my hero!!!!!!!! your hair looks lovely:grin: congrats on a 31 month transition. your story gives me hope!

LatterGlory

Hey Ladies!

It's with a semi-heavy heart (I'm happy ya'll :yep: ) that my time here is over. After a day or two short of 31 months of my transitioning, I must announce that - I'm natural!

Today, I went for my yearly wash, blow dry, and flat iron. With a necessary trim (I hated it, but it was necessary as my ends were :nono: ), if I had any relaxed ends left, they are now gone!

The day went well. I visited a salon that specializes in natural hair (though heat is used often for clients). The stylist was very profession and respectable (e.g. no eating or any other craziness) and was okay with my hair (Okay, meaning not as good as my hands but I baby my hair, so there ya go). In other words, she's worth another trip. I didn't share my time with anyone else and for that, my experience was good. (I have no clue to what my curl pattern is or what my length is - I believe I'm a bsl-partially mbl - correct/help! Thanks!)

Since this story is worthless without pictures, here ya go:

Congatulations!:dance7:Lovely length!:grin:

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
Just got home from getting my hair done tonight; detangle, deep conditioned, blow dried and moisturized. Almost 6 months! :lol:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Just washed my hair after wearing it straight for 1 1/2 weeks and no heat damage YAY!!!:dance7:. Thats my biggest fear. I am so ready to big chop especially since i realized my hair can fit into a ponytail and make a lil puff, but im afraid because the curls on one side of my head are tighter than the other side. I dont know if that will look right :nono:

Rae81
What did you use to straighten your hair?

More kinky twists! Yes, I'm a wuss, taking the easy way out, lol

Meemee6223
I will be taking that easy route too at the beginning of the year. I need the money to get them done. Mines are $200 and I am graduating so I dont have the cash to pull out my butt at the moment.

MyTea

I've been thinking about transitioning for a while now. I'm the only one in my circle (other than my mom) that still relaxes. I am only two weeks post but I felt sooooo guilty after ( loved playing with my new growth). After talking to the bf he said you'd look great however your hair is:) so I'm taking the plunge.... Wish me luck!

Still a baby transitioner.... I'm at 5 weeks. DC and roller set today

10 weeks today:) I am in a protective style. I have loose hair crocheted into the back and individual braids in the front ( to cover the crochet)love it:)

Last edited:

Rae81

Rae81
What did you use to straighten your hair?

Nothing fancy, I originally was going to do a braid out so I did a quick cowash to get all that product it from when I washed and moisturized and sealed the night before. I used tressemme heat protectant before using my blow dryer with the comb attachment. Then I put ic fantasia heat protectant on each section before I flat ironed it. I don't use expensive blow dryer and flat irons, just cheap ones I got from Wal-Mart. They get my hair extremely straight,

sent from my galaxy

ElizaBlue

My last relaxer was in May of this year. What I've noticed since going back into my twists is that I have hair growing in between the braids.

This appears to be simply new hair that if I was still relaxing may not have been there. So in essence my scalp hair is becoming more dense in numbers.

I'm not a hairologist but I suppose this has something to do with maintaining a longer life cycle in the hair I have so that new hairs can mix with older hairs.

The downsize is because my hair is growing so fast because I'm also taking vits that I have to do something about the gray streak sooner.

havilland

i got my black friday box from hairveda......i am a happy girl. so far the red tea conditioner and moisturizer is a WIN!

i need a water filter though....now that my ends are older hair, i can literally feel the chlorine in the water. my natural hair is resiliant, but the texlaxed ends get tangly when wet. i def have to protect those ends with oil before my daily co wash to counteract the chems in the water.

going natural has taught me ALOT!

Rae81

I have got to get my crown under control now. I want to be able to wear wash and gos when I'm totally natural.

sent from my galaxy

Growingmyhairlong

Okay so I am new to this thread but not new to being natural. I used to be natural for four years. I have been newly relaxed now for a year. I miss my curls. I remember first doing my big chop and noticing that I had tight curly hair and I loved it. I just got tired of dealing with my thickness it took too much time out of my day. Single strand knots were crazy. So now I decided I am going to be a straight natural who occasionally wears wash and goes. I am three months post relaxer. I am so excited. No big chop this time. We will see how this works for me. So far so good.

Shinka

So the trim I got last Thursday removed all my damaged ends. Unfortunately, the natural hair stylist hacked my hair and it was not cut into a style. I have some 4-5inch bangs. My crown and back has 2 inch pieces. My kitchen area has 4-5 inches one one side then 3 on the area. Smh

I flat ironed it today and it does not look nice out. the twist out she put me in blended well, but I had a feeling something was off with my hair.

Anywho, I put in a side French braid with a swoop bang for work tomorrow. Working with what I got :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Attachments

• image-158991552.jpg
    image-158991552.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 41
  • image-238949614.jpg
    image-238949614.jpg
    141.8 KB · Views: 37
  • image-3301905326.jpg
    image-3301905326.jpg
    228.9 KB · Views: 36

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Since I have chosen a BC date, all I can think about is cutting my hair. I need this six months to hurry by. I'm afraid one day I'll come out of a trance having BCed before I'd planned.

havilland

So the trim I got last Thursday removed all my damaged ends. Unfortunately, the natural hair stylist hacked my hair and it was not cut into a style. I have some 4-5inch bangs. My crown and back has 2 inch pieces. My kitchen area has 4-5 inches one one side then 3 on the area. Smh

I flat ironed it today and it does not look nice out. the twist out she put me in blended well, but I had a feeling something was off with my hair.

Anywho, I put in a side French braid with a swoop bang for work tomorrow. Working with what I got :shrug:

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

i'm sorry she just went at your hair like that....but it does look healthy and strong.

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I been cutting everytime I wash, I feel that I will be natural without a BC soon. Im trying to hold out but we will see.....

blue_flower

Well, I love my highlights and I'm going back to the salon this Friday to get them touched up. I'll probably get an inch or two cut off as well.

MyTea

So I went two different braided today to get an estimate. The first one was like your hair is so long and thick ( shoulder length) so im already giving her the side eye.... she must not have been on lhcf before;). Then she said I need smaller braids Because my "hair is strong enough to handle it"... Have a feeling I'd be bald messing with this women. Gotta find a ps for transitioning.... Guess it won't be braids lol. Any suggestions?

ezina

So I went two different braided today to get an estimate. The first one was like your hair is so long and thick ( shoulder length) so im already giving her the side eye.... she must not have been on lhcf before;). Then she said I need smaller braids Because my "hair is strong enough to handle it"... Have a feeling I'd be bald messing with this women. Gotta find a ps for transitioning.... Guess it won't be braids lol. Any suggestions?

Mini braids (no extensions). :)

OhTall1

Gotta find a ps for transitioning.... Guess it won't be braids lol. Any suggestions?

I agree with MissMusic. I killed my relaxed ends doing braid outs and curl former sets. I'm about to get my 3rd set of crochet braids done on Monday and I love them!

likeacharm

I'm now a week away from being 1 year post :grin:. The bad news is that I had a set back two weeks ago. I used a different shampoo that left my hair extremely tangled and matted. It took me a week to detangle :sad:. I will see how bad the damage is on the 22nd when I flat iron my hair for Christmas.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Today is 53/28. This is how I'm going to count down from now on. The first number is how many weeks into my transition I am, and the second number is the number of weeks until BC day.

Rae81

I'm now a week away from being 1 year post :grin:. The bad news is that I had a set back two weeks ago. I used a different shampoo that left my hair extremely tangled and matted. It took me a week to detangle :sad:. I will see how bad the damage is on the 22nd when I flat iron my hair for Christmas.

Thus is why I stopped using shampoo every time I wash. All of the shampoos I.used stripped my hair and tangles it up

sent from my galaxy

MsDee14

I have been rocking a highbun for like two weeks now. I need to twist my hair, but I am so lazy. This weekend, I will Henna, DC, then twist my hair.
This may be an all day process, but I will keep my twists in for like 3 weeks.

Attached is my bun.

Oh and everyone thinks I'm already natural. Anyone else get this?
I'm like, "Can't you see these straight ends?!".

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 56